FT with Bully Breeds

Dykman

What is a "bully breed?"

Pit Bulls, Boxers, Boston Terriers, and Bulldogs are among the most common "bully breeds."

I've never run across an RV park that doesn't allow a Boston Terrier or even a Boxer (although there is often a size/weight restriction that would rule out Boxers). Most RV parks that have breed restrictions don't allow Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, and sometimes even Dobermans.

I don't specifically know of any RV parks that will allow these breeds...the best thing to do is call.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

MOST parks do not have restrictions. But to be sure, call and ask first.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

A park here in MD restricted the breeds allowed on premises. One of the excluded breeds was "Terrier". Well, crap, darn near ANYTHING could be called a "Terrier" at their discretion when you show up at the gate after a few hour trip. (Same park that charged me a $10 "guest fee" because I left 2 mins after their deadline. Morris Meadows west of Baltimore)

2000 Volvo 635 A/S, N-14 Cummins
"The Phoenix"
'03 KA 38KSWB

http://s918.photobucket.com/user/sibernut/library/?sort=6&page=1
Furkids- Sibe's CH. Sedona & Tseika
dolphins.jpg

With many military bases in eastern NC, we also had a pretty large population of retired service dogs. Everything from German Shepards, Belgian Malinois, to very talented mutts that were bomb sniffers. We witnessed an "Almost" altercation at a local campground when a somewhat young military family showed up to register. We were in the store part of the office when they walked in, Mom, Dad, 2 kids stayed outside and helped something out of the back of an SUV. We could hear the normal conversation, 30 or 50 amp, cable, etc, and then they came to-

Do you have any dogs?

They answered truthfully "Yes".

What kind, "Shepard".

We're sorry but we don't allow those kinds of animals in our campground.

So your refusing service to an honorably discharged sergeant from the USMC?

No sir, your more than welcome to stay, we just can't take your dog.

Sergeant (I can't remember the name) is the dog ma'am.

Oh, Well then he can stay then.

By now we were laughing out loud at the exchange and left the store so we wouldn't make matters any worse for the couple.

I really don't think the girl at the desk had any idea what was going on other than its a bad idea to refuse service to a military member especially in an area that survives on the military paycheck.

The couple had a beautiful Shepard that was better behaved than most of the kids running around that weekend.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We travel with two Jack Russell Terrorists. One of them is a barker, so he gets the collar of shame put on when we leave the RV while in an RV park. We also travel with the best doggie in the world. There are a lot of so-called Pitties that are blessed without the block head, and people don't even recognize what they are. So, many people petting a very nice dog don't even realize what they are

Roger & Karen

Roger USN Captain (retired) submarine service

Karen Captain (retired) pilot

2014 Winnebago Tour 42GD

Toad Chevy Avalanche

Travel six months

At home in coastal Maine six months

Just travel with your loved doggies. If they are trained and well behaved, don't ask about breed restrictions. Most don't know dog breeds.

Roger & Karen

Roger USN Captain (retired) submarine service

Karen Captain (retired) pilot

2014 Winnebago Tour 42GD

Toad Chevy Avalanche

Travel six months

At home in coastal Maine six months

• 6 months later...

I'd love to be able to post a photo of my "bully breed" dog, but I can't figure out how to upload photos in the forum. I've been RVing full time for 9 years. I've had all kinds of dogs as I rescue and rehome. The only problem I ever had was with a little German Pinscher (a small Dobie), and my current beautiful, lovable, 39 pound pocket "Pibble". I call sweet little Pitbulls PIBBLES because they don't deserve the negative connotation that's been pinned on Pit Bulls. It's been hard getting her into parks even though she's not purebred - she's part Boxer and something SMALL and is the most loving dog ever. She loves everyone and gets excited to see other people and other dogs. I call ahead. I stay in public parks - state parks and national parks don't have breed restrictions. She is a certified therapy dog and visits VA hospitals and nursing homes so that helps in some cases. Her vaccination papers read Boxer Mix, but when she smiles, she's got that Pit Bull smile. I train with her every day so she's a well behaved dog, but it's hard for her to obey when she's around strangers that she wants to get loving from!! Or other dogs that she wants to play with. I thought of starting a "dog friendly" RV website - highlighting those that allow Pits. Or other "bully" breeds. I still might do that . . .

Beverley Hughes

"Molly Marine" USMC Veteran

FT since December 2006

2011 Rockwood Ultralite TT

2014 Chevy Silverado

Traveling with Skye, Gracie, Angel and Peaches

I'd love to be able to post a photo of my "bully breed" dog, but I can't figure out how to upload photos in the forum.

How to post a picture depends on where your picture is.

If it's on the Internet, click on the Image icon, above (if you hover over it with your mouse, it will say "Image"). Type in the URL of your image and click OK.

If the picture is on your computer, at the lower right-hand side of the box where you're typing, click on "More Reply Options." This will bring you to a second page where, below the reply box, you'll see an "Attach Files" box. Click the Browse button, find the picture and click on it. The location of the picture should now be in the Attach Files box. Click on the "Attach This File" button which should put a thumbnail of your picture in your post.

Depending on the size of your picture, you may have to resize to something smaller in order to post it.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

Photobucket forum use:

open photobucket and select picture

right-click the image and open in new tab

Copy the URL up to the ?=00000 part

On the forum click the little tree icon, image tool-tip and paste the URL in the pop-up

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 1 month later...

Pit Bulls, Boxers, Boston Terriers, and Bulldogs are among the most common "bully breeds."

I've never run across an RV park that doesn't allow a Boston Terrier or even a Boxer (although there is often a size/weight restriction that would rule out Boxers). Most RV parks that have breed restrictions don't allow Pit Bulls, Rottweilers, and sometimes even Dobermans.

I don't specifically know of any RV parks that will allow these breeds...the best thing to do is call.

Boxers? Really? What about Dobermans, German Shepherd?

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

Archived