5 gallon buckets do the job

RandyA

We are at Wandering Oaks in Ocala, FL for the night. This beautiful Pete is behind us. Texas tags - big blue 5 gallon Lowe's buckets on top of the twin exhaust stacks. Anyone recognize this rig?

IMG_0785.jpg

IMG_0784.jpg

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

I think that is motormike (Bonnie & Mickey Meredith). They were the gorgeous truck next to us at the 2013 HDT Rally in Hutch. It is a real nice truck, and he treats it right!

That is a different truck unless he has changed the bumper, bed and sleeper. Also a different 5th wheel.

Still a very nice truck.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

I think it is Mickey's.....but not positive. It is VERY nice, whoever owns it.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Another undisputed "King of the Road" Pete.. :)

I would not, however want to be close by if he forgot to remove those five gallon buckets before cranking up the engine...

YIKES....they could do some major damage..

When I farmed, on occasion I would forget to take a large coffee can off the exhaust of a bigger tractor if I had to leave it outside overnight....and it shot that can up like a cannonball :)

Cheers,

Bob

1989 Safari Serengeti 34'
Towing a 1952 M38A1 Military Willys

Past HDT owner

I thought parking on grass was a no, no, if it rains. ???

Captain, U. S. Marine Corps (Retired)

2003 Dodge Durango SLT 5.9

2005 Dodge Grand Caravan VMI Equipped For Mom

2001 Dodge 2500 SLT V10

1977 M151A2 Military Jeep "Ma Deuce" & M416 Jeep Trailer

1965 Jaguar 3.8 S-Type aka "Miss Kitty"

http://www.mofrenchbulldogs.com

Grass is OK as long as there is hard ground under it....It is soft ground and grass that will kill you. For the most part.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Another undisputed "King of the Road" Pete.. :)

I would not, however want to be close by if he forgot to remove those five gallon buckets before cranking up the engine...

YIKES....they could do some major damage..

When I farmed, on occasion I would forget to take a large coffee can off the exhaust of a bigger tractor if I had to leave it outside overnight....and it shot that can up like a cannonball :)

Cheers,

Bob

Forgot to take my sherwin Williams bucket off last night.

Normally when I forget it shoots off to the side but this time it only went high enough for bail handle to get stuck and slide down the stack. Now that was fun to get back off.

Forgot to take my sherwin Williams bucket off last night.

Normally when I forget it shoots off to the side but this time it only went high enough for bail handle to get stuck and slide down the stack. Now that was fun to get back off.

What ? no video ? :D

Goes around , comes around .

I met the owner this morning just before we pulled out. He is an Escape and is registered out of Livingston and reads this thread but has never posted. The Pete is a '92 with a million and five plus on it. It is absolutely perfect inside and out - all aluminum high luster and chrome. Paint is perfect. Original red quilted leather and wood inside. More darn gauges than a 747. No ECM on this Pete. Doonan(?) singled it and built the bed. He also tows a full size SUV behind the fiver. I encouraged him to register and say hello but he shyed away. He knows who Jack is and commented he was partly responsible through his web site and postings for getting him into a HDT. You just never know, do you Jack? Hundreds of HDT'ers (me included) have origination ties to Papa Jack :) .

300.JPG.c2a50e50210ede7534c4c440c7f9aa80.JPG

Randy, Nancy and Oscar

"The Great White" - 2004 Volvo VNL670, D12, 10-speed, converted to single axle pulling a Keystone Cambridge 5th wheel, 40', 4 slides and about 19,000# with empty tanks.

ARS - WB4BZX, Electrical Engineer, Master Electrician, D.Ed., Professor Emeritus - Happily Retired!

Is anyone familiar with Doonan?

Can anyone estimate the wheelbase of that Pete?

Doonan truck is located in Wichita, KS and Great Bend, KS.

Has been a Peterbuilt dealer for many years, I have bought several trucks from them in the late 70's and 80's.

Haven't been to the dealership in years, but drive by it all the time, always give a quick look to see what I'm missing.

Roger

GCTaaehl.jpg

Mark would be my brother, Jim :)

Kenny Doonan is a Paccar dealer in Wichita, as stated above. He was heavily involved in supporting and hosting the HDT Rally in the formative years. He paid for much of the cost of the "extras", supplied space for our events, had his staff do presentations, and helped with social events. He also pretty much made his shop available to the Rally for work. Many of us had all our routine maintenance and other "discretionary" work done there each year. He also had a VIS machine and you could get a discounted run there. Kenny was VERY helpful with the Rally, and it would not have been the same, or developed like it did, without his help and support. During that time Kenny was also a Teton dealer, and had a body shop that could do hauler bodies.

When we outgrew the venue in Wichita and moved to the present location that pretty much ended the relationship with Doonan, although in the fist few years he did come up and give a presentation on trucking.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Archived