UPS SurePost and FedEx SmartPost or WHERE IS MY SHIPMENT?

Vladimir

We ordered thru a large store and were told our package would be sent UPS. We got an email later stating package was sent Fed Ex. Now today got the tracking # from Fed Ex that said it went to the local Post Office. We're in a large RV Park/Hotel that doesn't accept outside mail for it's guests. They claim UPS will deliver to the RV park. Now we start to chase down the package. I sure wish the store would have sent it UPS as their clerk said it would go. Wish us luck getting the package. Dave

2006 Coachmen Aurora 36ft. Class A motor home. 2009 Honda CRV toad. "Snowbirds" apprx. 6 mos. each year. Travelling to the SW each winter than returning to Wi. each summer. Retired and enjoying our travels along with Buddy the cat.

• 2 weeks later...

WE often us General Delivery via Priority Mail. There has been a time or two when someone fouled up, but over the years it has worked out. In Summerdale (Rainbow Plantations) I have no problem going to the Summerdale PO once a week. In Quartzite it is a hassle, but then Q can be a hassle when it is busy for just about anything. I guess the only time I use FedEx or UPS is when buying Amazon Prime and that is the preferred shipping. I have no problem having packages dropped on my doorstep in a campground. I do like it when they hold the package in the office as they did in Red Bay last Fall while we there getting work done.

'12 Phaeton 36 QSH hauling '11 4 dr Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Rubicon 4 down. Follow our travels Click here

I have no problem having packages dropped on my doorstep in a campground.

I'm glad that works for you. We often have multi-hundred $$ orders shipped to us. I don't like having valuable items sitting around in a campground where your neighbors are likely to be gone tomorrow. That's alot different from leaving something by your front door in a residential environment, yet there have been a significant increase in reported thefts of those, also.

Sandie & Joel

2000 40' Beaver Patriot Thunder Princeton--425 HP/1550 ft-lbs CAT C-12
2014 Honda CR-V AWD EX-L with ReadyBrute tow bar/brake system
WiFiRanger Ambassador
Follow our adventures on Facebook at Weiss Travels

USPS will not deliver to our street address so we have a PO Box. UPS and Fedx will only deliver to our street address. What a nightmare. Many of the shippers such as Amazon will not accept a PO Box. I tried to put both the street and PO Box but most still reject it. Recently an Amazon order went UPS to USPS and was lost for days but showed delivered. Then when it showed up the USPS wanted over $12 more for shipping. Now the USPS has a new address option to use the USPS address followed by some numbers with # in front to the PO Box. The words PO Box do not appear and the USPS will accept deliveries from UPS and Fedx for no charge. I hope this works.

Randy

2001 Volvo VNL 42 Cummins ISX Autoshift

Archived