Blogging on the road

dorrph

I know of at least one person who uses a Facebook page for their blog, and it seems to work pretty well. I'm considering doing the same thing.

I have my own domain and access to Wordpress as well as other tools for blogging. There are times when I may want to add something to a blog every day but, it probably wouldn't be much more than "look at the picture of the pretty flower I saw today" rather than something of substance, like how to fix a broken slide or how much we paid for fuel, food, space rental, etc. For me, the Facebook way seems more realistic.

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

I know of at least one person who uses a Facebook page for their blog, and it seems to work pretty well. I'm considering doing the same thing.

I have my own domain and access to Wordpress as well as other tools for blogging. There are times when I may want to add something to a blog every day but, it probably wouldn't be much more than "look at the picture of the pretty flower I saw today" rather than something of substance, like how to fix a broken slide or how much we paid for fuel, food, space rental, etc. For me, the Facebook way seems more realistic.

We combine the two. I have a blog that is linked to a Facebook page. New posts to the blog are feed to both Facebook and Google+ pages. We have about an equal number of readers on both the blog via email and Facebook. No too many on Google+.

Sometimes, when I have just a minor status update I just post it to Facebook and save the blog for campground/sightseeing reviews, budget information, RV upgrades, etc.

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Raquel,

I intend to do what Scott does for a future expansion of my website. Although it is static material, more than a blog, moving it out of a "typical" website into Wordpress gives me much better capability to make it a responsive site. And basically linking to FB and G+ for "announcements" of new material seems to be an obvious thing to do.

I think I'm going to start this "experiment" with all the 2015 New Horizon changes and an overview of our new coach. We will see how that goes.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Ditto, Sue. I too use Live Writer and love it! All my blogs are on MY laptop and I can do anything I want with them before I publish them. So glad a friend told me about doing my blogs that way.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

While I think I would like to use Windows Live Writer to do my Wordpress blog I find it difficult do so. I simply do not want to start using another tool that Microsoft does not appear to support and then be forced to start over again at THEIR whim....like they did with Expressions Web. And Frontpage, and nameless other major tools. I cannot trust that any investment in time I make would have a rational payoff. On the other hand, it might be the best tool to use, despite that.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

I don't know if this is true for other blogging programs, but one plus to Blogger is that it has a mobile app. I can make and post blog entries from my smart phone quite easily with the mobile app.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

I don't know if this is true for other blogging programs, but one plus to Blogger is that it has a mobile app. I can make and post blog entries from my smart phone quite easily with the mobile app.

This is true of Wordpress.

On Edit: and Drupal

Trish & Raquel

--------

"Road Runner" -- 2005 Volvo VNL780, 500hp Cummins ISX, Ultra-Shift, ET-Hitch, 198" wb

"Wile E." -- 2013 Heartland Landmark San Antonio

Do you mean you want a picture for your avatar? If so just go to your profile and locate the "Edit My Profile" button and click on it. Under General Account Settings the first item is "Change My Photo."

Thanks Kirk

I just added my picture with your help, Now if anyones screen breaks ! Sorry

O it is from 1964 LOL with my 2 little ones back then, now they are Grandpa and Granny, how time flys, Kirk this was just before I left Arkansas for Indianapolis IN and RCA to troubleshoot their Amp's.

Archived