Cummins ISM 450

Dale G

Hi guys,

Looking at buying a Newmar motorhome with a Cummins ism 450 with allison transmission. It is a 2007 model and has 150k plus miles on it. I would appreciate any opinions or actual experiences that you may have on this motor or transmission. Anything I should really look at?

Nicely broken in. The ISM should have a 2 stage jake brake as standard which is very nice to have. This is a very good combination with the 6 speed Allison.

<p>....JIM and LINDA......2001 American Eagle 40 '.towing a GMC Sierra 1500 4X4 with RZR in the rear. 1999 JEEP Cherokee that we tow as well.

IT IS A CONTENTED MAN WHO CAN APPRECIATE THE SCENERY ALONG A DETOUR.

Guest ticat900

Hi guys,

Looking at buying a Newmar motorhome with a Cummins ism 450 with allison transmission. It is a 2007 model and has 150k plus miles on it. I would appreciate any opinions or actual experiences that you may have on this motor or transmission. Anything I should really look at?

That unit is well used at 150K on a 2007 ? ISM450 is great engine and big torque . I have the ISL 425 motor and wished I had the ISM as the ISL is not powerfull enough loaded on mountain passes. you should be happy with the power of this motor the 150K mileage newmar you must be getting this unit for under 100K I assume?

Jim

The only concern I have is that I believe it is a variation of the truck ISM because it is a special version for motorhomes. It only comes as 450 & 500hp models. The specs call for an overhead at 120,000mi. intervals. Wonder what they did to these for motorhome use because motorhomes are not usually known for high miles.

Archived