Has anyone ever had their RV rig weighed or measured by DOT enforcement?

noteven

Phil,

This was in Alberta, Canada. I believe that all Canadian provinces require air brake endorsements if the vehicle is equipped with air brakes. It is a two part system here that requires you to have in class training then a practical test. Then if you pass the practical exam they give you a completion form which allows you go write the government exam. Once you pass that the "Q" is put on your license showing you have you air brake training completed.

same in Ontario only its called 'Z' endorsement

is that pronounced zed or zee ?

:ph34r:

2005 volvo 670 freedomline singled
Newmar Torrey Pine 34rsks
woot woot

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Phil,

This was in Alberta, Canada. I believe that all Canadian provinces require air brake endorsements if the vehicle is equipped with air brakes. It is a two part system here that requires you to have in class training then a practical test. Then if you pass the practical exam they give you a completion form which allows you go write the government exam. Once you pass that the "Q" is put on your license showing you have you air brake training completed.

Well, I won't have to worry about Canada for a few more years. That's about as far from the south coast as you can get

If your state doesn't require a endorsement it'd still be a very good idea to know how a air system works on a class 8 truck.

I learned about air brakes on a scaled down, fully functional wall mounted unit in a class room. I have seen two, Texas DPS and Nebraska HP each had one although different versions. It would be neat to bring one to the HDT rally, but I bet they wouldn't loan one to me.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

I learned about air brakes on a scaled down, fully functional wall mounted unit in a class room. I have seen two, Texas DPS and Nebraska HP each had one although different versions. It would be neat to bring one to the HDT rally, but I bet they wouldn't loan one to me.

C'mon Phil, with your high profile and pull in political circles, I'm sure they would lend you one. :)

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

Carl, I'm thinking they would more likely laugh me out of the building.

MY PEOPLE SKILLS ARE JUST FINE.
~It's my tolerance to idiots that needs work.~

2005 Volvo 780 VED12 465hp / Freedomline transmission
singled mid position / Bed by Larry Herrin
2018 customed Mobile Suites 40KSSB3 

2014 smart Fortwo

Archived