Looking for Blog Sites for Those in Planning Stages for Fulltime RV Living

mds1

If you only want new blogs, this is not for you. However if you want very good info on fulltimeing try RV-Dreams.com. In addition to a lot of info, they have a blog which they keep updated. You can also access their archives and go back to where they started fulltimeing in about 2006 or so.

Thank you for the reply messages. I joined RV-Dreams a while back. We are also going to be looking into attending a rally next year or soon after. I'm waiting for a rally closer to Kansas City so we don't have to fly in. I guess just doing Google searches for rally locations in the best way to find them other than being active on the forums?

At the top of the RV-Dreams forum, Howard has the rally info at the top. I don't think you even need to join to view them. If you are considering the Lake Leelanau, Michigan rally, Southwest flies really cheap from St. Louis to Grand Rapids. Lake Leelanau is 2-1/2 hours north of there. The area is absolutely beautiful.

I also data mined a wealth of great info from Full Time related forums. Escapees, RV.Net, IRV2 all have sub forums related to Full Time. You can just start reading, or use the search feature within these forums for specific topics.

What's really cool about this, is you not only get current info, but some of these sites go back several years with history, so you get knowledge from Full Timers that may no longer be active.

One side note, is also look under the Escapees Budget and Finance forums, as they too had great info as you are planning. (Banking on the road; insurance for full timing; etc. - they all tie into the planning phase.)

Have fun, and best of luck to you:)!

Smitty

I second the recommendation of wheelingit as a very good blog to read. The author Nina is a great writer and the blog is filled with tips, places to camp, philosophy on what good full timing is to her, and some nuts and bolts stuff of size of RV, solar, tank treatment, and so on. This past summer I booked a couple of parks she had recommended and I was glad I did.

One blog that I read through from beginning to end was http://rikerrvdays.blogspot.com/ Jessica chronicaled the steps of getting the house ready for market, selling the house, disposition of possessions including vehicles, and many other steps along the way to fulltime RV living.

Also, Marikay from http://merika-merika.blogspot.com/ provided the ups and downs of selling the house and preparing for fulltime RV living.

One more, https://cozybegone.wordpress.com/ detailed their thoughts about the rig they chose and the choices they made when preparing their home for sale.

All three couples are now on the road, but their first blog posts detail the choices, joys and problems they had along the way to full time living. Enjoy!

Thank you all for the info.

Let me suggest that you can find a great deal of useful information in the websites and blogs of those who frequently post here as well. There are many of us who have told our stories as we traveled and continue to do so. If you notice in the signature line of many who post here, there is often a link to the site or blog which they keep. May I invite you to take a look at ours and also the one of Jack Mayer as I believe that you will find them both to be sites with a great deal of useful information. I had not previously responded as your first post asked for new sites and both of ours have been building over more than 10 years and so are hardly new but both of us started them back when we were new fulltimers. Should you be interested, I'll list both of them now.

Kirk & Pam's Great Adventure Living the Full-time Lifestyle

• 1 month later...

Archived