Maximum Signal Amp/Ant availability

billr

Matching antennas to the wide variety of frequencies being use by the vendors - especially if covering multiple technologies - is challenging. I did a review of the BoatAnt exclusively for the Mobile Internet Resource Center pay site offered by Chris and Cherie of "Technomadia". The issue is providing meaningful gain on all the 4G (and AWS) bands. Meaningful is the key word here - I don't consider 2dbi to be "meaningful". A regular monopole antenna is distinctly challenged in this regard. Finding a superior antenna usually leads you to a multiband MIMO antenna or something similar. And remember - the providers are RAPIDLY shifting bands, dropping 3G technology and replacing it with 4G on the same bands. Frankly it is quite challenging to determine what to buy.

BTW, if you are interested in the latest mobile stuff, and a bunch of knowledge on this topic - which WILL save you money in the long run - then the Mobile Internet Resource Center is the service to sign up for, IMO. It really is not very expensive for what you get. I get nothing from saying this - not a dime. I just think it is a very good resource for everyone. They stay on top of things. I do publish some of my stuff there FIRST. And sometimes ONLY there. It just depends. But again - I get nothing from their site (or for that matter from the book, that I provided a chapter for). Just so people know.....Well - I guess I'm going to insist on a good home cooked dinner some day :)

Next things published there will be: "How to build Ethernet cables: tips and techniques" (that will probably be exclusive content); "Review of the Rouge Wave WiFi Capture Device" (that will be available elsewhere, too).

Thanks Jack - I've been procrastinating on joining this site. While for the benefit of the techie info they share for sure, more so for their zest - and how they jump in with both feet - to this On The Road lifestyle. (And heck, even though we've sold our Mini - once a Mini fan, always a brother/sister in wheels!).

Lots of places on the net to get info, but very few that allow you to accompany a great sounding couple on their journey too.

And a tip on that upcoming dinner - have a pizza delivered!

Best to you all, and ongoing thanks for the info you all share,

Smitty

Be safe, have fun,

Smitty

04 CC Allure "RooII" - Our "E" ride for life!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Merry Christmas to everyone . Hopefully we can go into production soon . Federal arbitrator that ruled in our favor against the FCC 4 months ago is pissed now when he found out the FCC is still screwing with us . We hope to go to Washington DC with him in the next few weeks to resolve this . Also accompanying us will be representatives from AT&T and Verizon who have also tested the product . Funny thing - The head engineer for the FCC cannot understand what the problem is and he is also on our side.It seems there is some real collusion occurring here. A certain senator from Utah who is a long time supporter of our competitor in Utah. Has been pulling strings to keep us off the market . Funny thing is we are the only manufacturer that has met all the new standards.

Keeping You Connected

Proud Commercial Member #129 http://www.maximumsignal.net/

I should have been more clear. Will it work with any carrier other than AT&T or Verizon, such as Sprint or T-Mobile?

You can download sales sheet at www.maximumsignal.info to see all frequencies covered . The FCC will not allow amplifiers on the new sprint frequencies at this time.

Keeping You Connected

• 1 month later...

We will be sending you lots of positive energy enhanced signals on Tuesday ... rock it Gord!

We have your place held in our round up of essential RVing mobile internet signal enhancing tools: Comparison: Mobile 4G Cellular Boosters (weBoost Drive, MAX-AMP vs SureCall)

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

*cartwheels* So excited for you and the entire RVing community!

Cherie & Chris (and Kiki *meow*) / Personal Blog: Technomadia.com
Technomads (technology enabled nomads) since 2006

Our Nomadic Fleet:
RVs:
Zephyr: 1961 GM 4106 bus conversion / Blooper: 2020.5 Winnebago Travato GL Boat: Y-Not: 1999 Bayliner 4788

Hosts of the Mobile Internet Resource Center
Mobile Internet Information for RVers, Cruisers & Nomads
Proud to be recognized as Escapee's Commercial Partners #773 / Escapees RVOU Instructors

Now I am really excited. Just got a call from one of the engineers at The FCC's main lab in Maryland. Just wanted to tell me again how blown away he was with our product . He could not believe how the product performed or how we had actually built it to carrier standards . ( which is much higher than even their standards ). He thanked me for our perseverance

in fighting to get this product approved . Especially when he has found out the obstacles that were put in front of us and we never gave up . I am just glowing right now with all his compliments. It will never get back the last 22 months of torture and abuse we have endured but it makes me feel good when someone such as him thanks us for doing things right and not taking shortcuts.

Keeping You Connected

Archived