portable generator enclosures

ganto

We have a Honda 2000 and are thinking about buying a kiddie tent for it. We don't use it often but always worry if it rains while we are using it Looked into 1 man tents but seemed like any overkill than stumbled across a kiddie tent. Seems like a good solution..

A kiddie tent might be a little too enclosed for good ventilation and air supply. I have some folks using those portable shower stalls (or dunny) to protect their portables though. A much larger air volume and overhead ventilation, but I would still be concerned about the exhaust heating the material over a period of time.

It seems like it wouldn't be that difficult to fashion an "umbrella" type setup that simply clamps onto the handle. Sounds like a good project.

There is a company that builds such a toolbox/genset housing. Looks like adding your own sound-deadening insulation is demanded. On irv2.com a long time ago, a guy posted pictures and instructions how he built his own genset enclosure. The only thing I remember about that was, he used an automobile cooling fan for air circulation.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 2 weeks later...

Getting back to the OP's question.. if you are just looking to protect the outlets from rain, you might take a look at the GenTent covers. Looks like for your genset it runs around $199 from the manufacturer, but it's a universal 10k gen cover.. so you can probably find one less expensive.

well I apologize for not being here for a while. just have been busy. I seen the gen tents for my Honda. I got rid of the Honda and bought an aurora off grid version. since it's a liquid cooled system instead of an air cooled so it will take the beating if I wanna run it all night!! i'll be trying to think of a cover for it atleast the outlets

Archived