Class C winter weather advice please.

SandeeAR

Just an update. So far the lowest temp has been 14 degrees. Use Pritt heated water hose, always keep grey tank dumped when we drip water overnight/day as necessary. Heated pads on both tanks, as they are not in bays. Reflextive in all windows. Heat with electric heater. Only turn on furnace to warm up when first getting up or coming in. 10 # propane tank last about 2 weeks. Thanks to all with your input.

Sandee Melton

2008 Tioga Ranger 26'

In the cold snap we had not long ago I nearly had a problem in the dump hose like Stan described in post #23. Under present circumstanes I have pretty good sag in about a 20' run under the trailer. I was sweating needing to dump the black tank but it thawed out quicker than I though it would. If I hadn't seen it and tried to dump I might have had a real issue or a spill. If I am lucky and it doesn't rain tonight I think I will be able to get under the trailer laying on some cardboard to block it up for a straighter run with just the rignt slope. I had to run under the trailer to the other side to the dump outlet. Not real convienient but then not being hooked up to dump.

SandeeAr, Where in AR are you. I am across the river (Mississippi) near Millington TN. Just curious.

In the cold snap we had not long ago I nearly had a problem in the dump hose like Stan described in post #23. Under present circumstanes I have pretty good sag in about a 20' run under the trailer. I was sweating needing to dump the black tank but it thawed out quicker than I though it would. If I hadn't seen it and tried to dump I might have had a real issue or a spill. If I am lucky and it doesn't rain tonight I think I will be able to get under the trailer laying on some cardboard to block it up for a straighter run with just the rignt slope. I had to run under the trailer to the other side to the dump outlet. Not real convienient but then not being hooked up to dump.

SandeeAr, Where in AR are you. I am across the river (Mississippi) near Millington TN. Just curious.

We also added a little antifreeze to each tank.

I'm in Conway, just 40 minutes north of Little Rock. I know where Millington is my Hubby is from Memphis, a BIG Tiger fan.

Sandee Melton

2008 Tioga Ranger 26'

• 2 weeks later...

Sandee,

I'm a native of Arkansas from the Berryville/GreenForest/OakGrove area, but live in Louisiana now. Spent some time at Timber Ridge Ranch neurorestorative (near Benton). Conway is very close to Toad Suck.

My Class C is fine for full time living (though I do not live in it full time). We have heating pads on our grey and black water tanks. I don't know about the fresh water tank. Have thought very carefully about using foam boards from Lowes to insulate the underneath - kind of like the photo shown above. Should work pretty good.

Archived