Sold - Only pay $100 per month for 10 hrs PER week work!

EKBendana

Hi,

I own a beautiful 1.5 acre RV lot with full hookups in North Georgia between Blue Ridge and Blairesville. I'm seeking single or couple that are willing to spend 10 hours per week helping to beautify the lot (lots of dead trees need to be cut/stacked for firewood, lots of brambles and brush to be cleaned up where possible)

I'm simply requesting a $100 per month fee to cover electric costs....you can manage your time, and I would simply ask that over the week you average 10 hours (for a work value of $100 per week). I normally rent this lot for $125 per week, so the $25 per week I'm charging for electric is simply to cover the usage.

Pets welcome. Check it out..www.ridgebrookofblueridge.com. preference will be given to those that can make at least a three month commitment. PM me at Ebendana@yahoo.com if interested. Thanks!

I have read this several times and cannot tell if you are paying $100 per 10 hour week or you are charging for the privilege of cleaning your lot. Please clarify your intent.

I have cut and cleared trees and brush and it was hard work when I was 20 years younger.

Ken

My read is that you come and clear his lot.

Seems the value of the lot is $125/week or,$500/month.

So work 10hours/week for a value of $10/hour =$100/week. Multiple x4 week and there is $400 in value. Then pay him an additional $100 for the electric.Bingo he gets his lot cleared!!

My read is that you come and clear his lot.

Seems the value of the lot is $125/week or,$500/month.

So work 10hours/week for a value of $10/hour =$100/week. Multiple x4 week and there is $400 in value. Then pay him an additional $100 for the electric.Bingo he gets his lot cleared!!

That was my read too... $0 out of pocket for the OP... he gets a clean lot, and it will only cost you $100 a month for the privilege. :-) That ain't light work. Also didn't mention what, if any, tools are provided. If there's a little bobcat and a torch for the brambles...

If if's all hand work I doubt he'll have many takers. I'll take the toilets for $2.50 an hour and a free space. LOL

I read it the same as Linda. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think that I would pay the $100 with that type of work.

If EKBendana is still reading the forums, it would be interesting to hear what sort of response he has had. No offer is a bad one to everybody so if he gets some volunteers, then he has a good deal. :)

Reread and edited as I had looked it wrong! Not even new math is that expensive!

That was my read too... $0 out of pocket for the OP... he gets a clean lot, and it will only cost you $100 a month for the privilege. :-) That ain't light work. Also didn't mention what, if any, tools are provided. If there's a little bobcat and a torch for the brambles...

If if's all hand work I doubt he'll have many takers. I'll take the toilets for $2.50 an hour and a free space. LOL

Yup, he gets a clean lot, and you get a spot to park for no out of pocket cost. The hundred bucks is not for "privilege", its for electricity. Isn't it strange that we all look at an offer like this as to whether we're gonna come out ahead or behind in cash value, when it might just be a great experience or adventure. It all depends on our take on things. Yes, it sounds like it could be hard work, but I've always said I can do "hard work" as long as I don't have to work hard at it. (LOL) To me, a deal like this would depend very much on the location. To bad it is where it is. I've been to Georgia and have no plans to return. If it were in the PNW, I would take a good hard look at it. I'm sure I would rather do this than clean toilets for any amount, although I've been guilty of doing it for nothing at home. I hope someone takes him up on the offer and somehow enjoys it.

I read it the same as Linda. I can only speak for myself, but I don't think that I would pay $433/month (52 weeks @ $100/12 months) for the site and work 10 hours per week. In my book, 20 hours per week and no pay for the site is much better. As mentioned, that is hard physical work and much more demanding than most work-camper positions. I think that it would be much more attractive if in place of the $100/week, you were to pay for your own electricity.

If EKBendana is still reading the forums, it would be interesting to hear what sort of response he has had. No offer is a bad one to everybody so if he gets some volunteers, then he has a good deal. :)

Kirk, you forgetting your glasses are you? OP says $100/month so $1200.00 per year for 520 hrs of work. Not bad if you can do the work.

Kirk, you forgetting your glasses are you? OP says $100/month so $1200.00 per year for 520 hrs of work. Not bad if you can do the work.

Not glasses, must have been too late at night.... Make that too early before enough coffee? Brain in neutral? I'm darned if I know but I sure did read it wrong! I was looking at the $125/week, and not what he posted.... :wub:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

hi everyone...First, I should have clarified the the pad is already cleared, nice and level and FHU a...when the developer made the inculcate drive he left a lot of the trees just fall where they were...so it looks wild, with some downed trees in the perimeter woods area...I'm just looking for someone that is looking for an inexpensive place to stay in exchange for helping us make this lot look a bit neater...the reason Im asking $100 is to help cover the cost of electric...anyways, it's a very nice large private gated community in between two great mountain towns (Blue Ridge and Blairesville). Thanks for looking...

If it were someplace I wanted to be, I'd at least check it out. The words used to describe the work can look pretty different according to who's saying them. What might be a huge amount of downed wood and firewood to one person might be a couple of day's worth of firewood to someone else. What might be a lot of brambles to one person may be a few acres overgrown while to another it could be a few dozen brambles scattered about.

I'd also want to know things like what equipment is available, what kind of condition it's in, whether the place is basically something that with a little work could be turned back into a lush green lawn a little at a time. (I've been known to do that kind of thing with a lawn mower, turning field into lawn a few inches at a time.)

I figure if I'm gonna park in an rv park, I'm probably not gonna get away with much less than $500/mo and I'll probably have to pay my own electricity. And if I know me, I'd get pretty bored sitting on my butt in front of a tv. Now sitting on my butt on a zero turn, I'm a contented, mowin' fool. :)

Great deal? Dunno. $100/mo going out for your campsite and electric isn't to be sneezed at for a person without a lot of disposable income. Bad deal? Dunno. Not enough info to really get a feel for it.

Like I said, if it were in an area I wanted to be in, I'd have checked into it further.

I'll try to help Ellen out here with some pics. We spent time at her site in GA and ended up buying a lot next to hers.

The top pic shows our road being built and the terrain around the area.

The bottom two are pics from Ellens site. Lots of oak trees, some bramble but not a lot of it and red clay Georgia dirt.

Both of our sites have 30/50 amp service, individual septic for each lot and water supplied by the development. We were able to get good 4G service on our Verizon phones and Jetpack. The road and pad have stone surface and the road is looped so the site is a pull thru.

The developer left ten sites to be used for RV use whereas the rest of the development cannot have RV's on their lots. Each lot is approx. 1 and a half acres of wooded and rolling terrain. Very quiet area next to mountains and rivers that are perfect for kayaking. The mountain roads are excellent for motorcycling and bicycling with good roads and lots of curves and scenery. It is a vacation area for many Atlanta residents.

IMG950086_zpsq5xpqtyt.jpg

2014-05-29094133_zps585482e4.jpg

2014-05-29094100_zpsdacf9e93.jpg

Nice looking area. The photos help. I'm the first to complain about the end value of work for a spot situations, but this one doesn't look that bad to me. Most monthly spots I see don't include electric and electric is one thing you can control the cost of. We were pretty much full solar so electric wasn't even a consideration. Figuring $10 per hour, which is more than most anything I've seen for work/camp rates, 10 hours per week and 4.33 weeks per month, $433 per month. It doesn't sound all that bad. At my age and speed, anyone paying me $10 an hour would be getting a raw deal on physical labor. I doubt there are many 25/35 yo full timers who'd give a good $10 an hours labor for brush clearing.

Archived