2015 National HDT Rally

sdixon747

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bmzero,

How well did the shocks work on the way home? Any difference in ride and handling? Wish you could have stayed longer but did enjoy meeting up with you again.

They were definitely an improvement over the shocks I took off. It was noticeable in almost every condition, some more so than others. However, to be truthful, I expected more of a difference. I'm not disappointed that I spent the money on the new ones because I was after the best ride possible, and I'm a little "hyper-sensitive" about suspension performance. I think these shocks provide that, but for the money, I hoped for better. I'll put up a more detailed review as soon as I get uncovered from all of the emails that piled up while I was gone.

I can't thank everyone enough for helping me pull off another whirlwind mechanical operation with putting the new shocks on. There were people lined up to lend a hand. The HDT community is full of great people. I really hated to pull out as soon as I did. I don't fee like I had a chance to get to meet a lot of the people like I had hoped. I'll have to plan differently for next year and for the East Coast Rally.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

http://cdn.earthporm.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/10/Stars-Wars-Showerhead.jpg

Hope they did not have any of these to wash away the Dark Side.

2005 Freightliner Century S/T, Singled, Air ride ET Jr. hitch
2019 46'+ Dune Sport Man Cave custom 5th wheel toy hauler
Owner of the 1978 Custom Van "Star Dreamer" which might be seen at a local car show near you!

Check out http://www.hhrvresource.com/

for much more info on HDT's.

A big thanks to Carl, Jim, Keith, and Henry who helped us with a couple little issues on our new-to-us Volvo 610. We really, really appreciate the HDT community as we move from pulling our NH Summit with an F450 to pulling it with the Volvo.

Judy LeMosy

2007 New Horizons Summit 38' / 2001 610 Volvo with Smart Car on bed

N12122734_10206887541322615_5116120986415 No photos, not many comments. Must be a very busy Rally. Sorry I missed it. Have found a Big Rig friendly park to add to the list. Have fit into two different spaces at the Tallahassee RV Park this year. Here is my spot I arrived at yesterday. They are small rig friendly too. The little white an pink trailer is a one bedroom with a fridge, microwave, air-conditioning, a dehumidifier and something else the owner said. She has a three wheel battery powered bicycle she travels the city on.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I posted up a few photos - http://www.followmybuild.com/Event/HDT%20National%20Rally%20-%202015

Here are some highlights:

2015%20HDT%20Rally-19.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-28.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-57.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-7.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-32.jpg

There are plenty more photos on the FollowMyBuild HDT Rally photo gallery - http://www.followmybuild.com/Event/HDT%20National%20Rally%20-%202015

Please feel free to grab any of those photos for personal use.

"Willy Mammoth" - Volvo 730, Sold

Heartland Cyclone 4000 Toy Hauler
T-Minus 26 years and counting to being a full timer.

I posted up a few photos - http://www.followmybuild.com/Event/HDT%20National%20Rally%20-%202015

Here are some highlights:

2015%20HDT%20Rally-19.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-28.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-57.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-7.jpg

2015%20HDT%20Rally-32.jpg

There are plenty more photos on the FollowMyBuild HDT Rally photo gallery - http://www.followmybuild.com/Event/HDT%20National%20Rally%20-%202015

Please feel free to grab any of those photos for personal use.

Thanks good photos many new rigs from the previous years and some I recognized

Rod.

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

I would like to know more about the white 610 with what looks like a Chevy pickup truck box on it (photo 7 of 70 in bmzero's list). I don't recall ever having seen any posts by that owner or if there were any build details...

Doug
Frequent "lurker"
Occasional poster
First step towards the RV setup complete: 1 smart car

To all of you that came out to the HDT Rally, Thanks. A special thanks to all the volunteers that helped throughout the week. We couldn't do it without you. We broke the all time attendance with 73 registered, 50 with HDTs.

For those of you that couldn't make it, here are a couple of photos for you.

IMG_5123_zpshsyhng8v.jpg

IMG_5131_zpsxaue64dy.jpg

Also Gregg Shields put together a couple of videos.

The Lineup

And using my drone...

The Aerial View

Hope to see you ALL next year. October 9th thru 15th.

Steve & Gail

2000 Volvo VNL660 Autoshift Detroit 60 12.7 "Semi Crazy"

2016 smart "Lil Crazy"

2018 Space Craft 48' TT "The Nut House"

KJ4YGY & KK4CTE

Volvo w SpaceCraft 1024.jpg

The HDTRally site has been updated as the 2015 National Rally is now a previous and the the planning for 2016 is starting. The attendees photos are posted and well as a slide show for the activities.

Please click for Emails instead of PM
Mark & Dale
Joey - 2016 Bounder 33C Tige - 2006 40' Travel Supreme
Sparky III - 2021 Mustang Mach-e, off the the Road since 2019
Useful HDT Truck, Trailer, and Full-timing Info at
www.dmbruss.com

Thanks to Steve and Gail and everyone for a great time at the 2015 Rally. We're a little past half way home staying at Hoover Metro Stadium for the night . . . squeezing diagonally into two spaces so we don't have to unhitch. We had a memorable diversion going through Burmingham, but that's another post.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

Thanks to everyone for the great time we had and to those who helped organize and run this years rally and a special thanks to Steve and Gail for organizing and running the rally.... Looking forward to next year (and the ECR) to meet back up with our new found friends. If we are lucky, the heat might work in our coach next time....

Back in Georgia again after a cold overnight in Illinois.

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

You watch those video's and you would think all we do is stand around and talk ..... wait ... that is what we do .....

Great week, as always. Our 7th rally and finally did some sightseeing this year and went to the salt mine. Hopefully will not take another 7 rally's to get to the Cosmosphere & Space Center.

For those that missed this years rally Steve & Gail just keep putting on a better rally year after year. This year is the biggest so far. Each day is packed full. Even if you have attended previous rally's there are still new seminar and things to learn. Great place to learn as well as work on projects. Open your hood and it is amazing how many new best friends will show up to offer opinions, advice and help.

Already have next years rally on the calendar as well as the ECR penciled in. Hopefully we will be able to make our first ECR this spring.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

So, like, if a couple a Canucks show up with a rather scruffy toyhauler with motorsickles, to be a pulled by a probly equally scruffy truck... will we be banished to park by some guy with a Ural sidehack outfit? :)

"Are we there yet?" asked no motorcycle rider, ever. 

Archived