2015 National HDT Rally

sdixon747

• Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Howdy All,

Just finished loading everything, RKC on the deck of the truck, Smart Car and Ural in the garage, clothing hung in the closets, minimum trip groceries stocked and put away, ready to roll. Spend this evening with Donna, hit the road early AM tomorrow the 6th, barring unforeseen circumstances should pull into the fair grounds around noon give or take on the 9th. See ya soon.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Sad that I won't be able to make it this year. Have a great event. Maybe next year I can arrange things better.

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July. 

We should be there around mid-afternoon of the 10th. Weather looks great for traveling. Got to clean the slides off (leaves) and finish a few "honey do" items so the wife is a "happy camper" for the trip.

Can't wait to see everyone.

David

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

To all headed to the rally have a safe trip and enjoy, one year I will make it there, in the mean time how long till the East Coast rally!!!!!!!

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

We have a bunch of stuff to do before we leave tomorrow......I messed my back up yesterday so that slowed us down. We will load the car this afternoon. Gotta finish packing all the stuff that is out for the summer, put away the outdoor kitchen and the canopy, wash the last of the dirty clothes, clean the roof and slides, check the tires and fill where required. We will wait to wash the truck and trailer until we arrive. Our trailer will be the New Horizons "show model" on Thursday since both of the NH show models are at the Pomona CA show. So everyone will get to see our trailer for sure, if they want to. And someone can buy it if they want....although Danielle says this is the nicest trailer we have built and she wants to keep it. :)

We will overnight in Oakley Wed, and get into Hutch on Thursday afternoon.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

There used to be one south of town......I don't remember exactly where....someone else can chime in. In fact I may go down there if people still like it....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Was planning on getting in sometime late Thursday but due to family issues, it will be late Saturday at the best. Just as well as my pre-trip inspection found 2 broken bearing covers on my hubs and the replacements (and spares) will not be here until tomorrow.

According to the rally site under "services" there is a truck wash listed..

4 seasons truck wash

1701 E Blanchard Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67501

(620) 664-6611

2017 Kenworth T680
2015 DRV 38RSSA Elite Suites
2016 Smart Prime

Was planning on getting in sometime late Thursday but due to family issues, it will be late Saturday at the best. Just as well as my pre-trip inspection found 2 broken bearing covers on my hubs and the replacements (and spares) will not be here until tomorrow.

According to the rally site under "services" there is a truck wash listed..

4 seasons truck wash

1701 E Blanchard Ave, Hutchinson, KS 67501

(620) 664-6611

I believe that is the same one as Jack mentioned. This is south of the Fairgrounds and the only one in the area that I could find. After 1300 miles of travel, I may let them get the "worst of it off" the truck & trailer.

2016 Volvo VNL780 D13 I-Shift

2016 DRV 44 Houston

2015 Smart Cabriolet

Jack;

Where is a good truck wash in Hutch?

Went to 4 Seasons today. Only truck wash in area. After sitting in line behind two trucks for 30mins, guy comes out and said it would be two hours before he could get to me. Probably best to give them a call before driving out there. So went back to fairgrounds and washed it myself. Gail Dixon said she would be up at 5 am to wash it but guess she forgot :).

2006 Volvo 780 "Hoss" Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

Bed Build by "JW Morgan's Custom Welding"

2017 DRV 39DBRS3

2013 Smart Passion Coupe "Itty Bitty"

"Don't go around saying the world owes you a living. The world owes you nothing. It was here first!"

We leave for Hutch tomorrow by way of Columbia MO where we meet the kids for the Gator - Mizzou game. We have "tickets" to park in the campus RV parking area and hope Ruby doesn't scare them. Expect to arrive Hutch mid to late afternoon Sunday. This will be our maiden trip with Ruby and looking forward to the ride - expecting big difference between it and the F350 which we came in last year. Looking forward to this year's program and seeing everybody.

IMG_3217a.jpg.c718bc170600aa5ce52e515511d83cb7.jpg

Jim & Wilma

2006 Travel Supreme 36RLQSO

2009 Volvo VNL730, D13, I-shift, ET, Herrin Hauler bed, "Ruby"

2017 Smart

Class of 2017

We will be leaving Ohio in a couple hours. Need to stop by the tire dealer I bought new tires from and get my wheels re-torqued and I may spend a little time adjusting the Hayes brake controller I installed. We will probably arrive on Friday.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

We'll be rolling in from Junction City sometime tomorrow, October 8. This is our first HDT rally, and we're looking forward to meeting you folks. We just bought our Volvo and Smart (from Gail and Bonnie Quinn), and we have a lot to learn.

Judy LeMosy

2007 New Horizons Summit 38' / 2001 610 Volvo with Smart Car on bed

Bill, where in Odessa are you staying? We are passing Indianapolis now on our way to the rally and have no idea where we will park tonight.

Jim

Volvo+and+Travel+Supreme+400+x+103.jpg

2001 Volvo 770, Detroit 60 Series, Gen 2 Autoshift

Passenger assist elevator to enter cab - for when we need it, or sell it?

'05 Travel Supreme Select 40 RLQSO 5th wheel

2016 smart car

We started full timing on December 1st 2014

Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry, and narrow-mindedness - Mark Twain
Not all that wander are lost - J. R. R. Tolkien

Got the okay to take off 1/2 day next Thursday and Friday.

So should arrive mid to late afternoon next Thursday.

Looking forward to meeting everyone and checking out some cool rigs!

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

Got a call from Rocky, he left Hillsdale Lake about 1600 should be in Hutch around 2000 tonight. Turn on the landing lights for him!

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep Gladiator 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Howdy All,

A misty evenings greeting from the walmart parking lot in Lexington Nebraska. Spent the first night in Caldwell Idaho, second night in Rock Springs Wyoming tonight here in Lexington barring unforeseen circumstances I should be rolling into Hutchinson late morning early afternoon, it all depends on when I drag my lazy butt of of the sack. :rolleyes: See ya soon.

Dave

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg

Well, we have made it as far as Odessa, MO. Lola (aka RV the movie) has us down for 254 miles from Hutch. Jim and Kathy are next to us (but they have already turned in) so we will see them in the morning. They are planning on leaving early, I hope not to soon, early morning Kansas City MO and KS traffic and it is only 250 miles to Hutch.

Other than that, see ya'll soon.

Bill, we just came down 35 from KCK and then took 50 at Emporia. Garmina and we usually then take 150 over to McPherson, drop a little south and then take 61 to the north of Hutch. 150 is now closed due to construction at 150 and 77. The detour had us continue down 50 to Florence and then take 77 north and hit 150 at the construction. Garmina agreed, but now looking at a map, maybe I should have just continued past Florence and into Newton and then on to Hutch from there. You'll land in the south side of Hutch, but just come up 61 a little and over to the fairgrounds. But just an FYI for ya. Be safe.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Archived