Your 10 Favorite RV Accessories?

7.3diesel

I agree with most of "grumpydoc's" list but a good sense of humor is the most important, having many breakdowns over the years and having survived them all it's just part of the adventure. Of course if you made a wrong turn in the middle of a snowstorm on to some untraveled seasonal road in a no cell service area and are stuck in a drift or out of fuel it may be difficult to find any humor in your predicament.

I'm presently sitting in western Pa, broke down since last Sunday, parts should be in today, I hope, back on the road ?>

John

2017 F350 King Ranch DRW 6.7 4.10 B&W hitch

2017 DRV MS 36RSSB3

Well, the Kimber, which has Crimson Trace grips, is a carry/bed side gun. There are many others that have other purposes, mostly hunting or shooting sports. I only load factory ammo in carry guns for various legal reasons but most hunting guns get reloads as do the small gauges for skeet. I agree with all the others that you listed. And a sense of humor does help as does a sense of civility. Never understood why some people thing that anyone would want to do them a favor right after they had to listen to a large load of crap for something that probably wasn't their fault. The new truck when finished will have a nice drom box on the back and it will quickly be stuffed with all the items that came in below #10! Safe travels and Best wishes, Jay

2015 Continental Coach Elegance by Forks RV, 41'; 2015 FL M2 112, DD 13, by 2L Custom Trucks; Trailer Saver air hitch; '48 Navigoddess with a Rand McNally GPS

I'm presently sitting in western Pa, broke down since last Sunday, parts should be in today, I hope, back on the road ?>

Hope that all goes well in the repair shop today/tomorrow. We have been pretty fortunate in that major repairs while on the road only happened one time and then we just happened to be near a relative's home where we could hang out while we waited.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

A relief driver. I've been on the road six days in a row and I'm sure missing Dave. I might be at my destination by now if he was here to help drive. Or to help keep me awake when I'm driving. Instead I take lots of naps which slows my travel but keeps it safe.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

One that the wife and I discovered this summe is those silicon hot pad/cookie sheet things. We probably will never cook on one but they are simply outstanding for non-skid pads on counter tops.

Thanks Nada. Mentioned it to my wife and she pulled one (still rolled up, unused) out of the drawer and we are now using it as you suggested,

She also has no plans to "cook" on it.

Dave O

The item that we appreciate on pretty much a daily basis is our Engel 45 dual power freezer that we keep in our bay on our MH.

See: http://www.bigfrogmountain.com/Engel%2045.html Big Frog Mountain was the cheapest when we bought our 10 years ago. Ask Mr. Google about others. :D

Be SURE and get the slide-out for it!

Traveling America in "God's Grace"

I purchased a rechargeable battery operated bug zapper this past year and now I will not be without one. Without question the best 30 dollars I've spent this year.

http://www.amazon.com/Stinger-Cordless-Rechargable-Insect-Zapper/dp/B00CO6WBAU/ref=sr_1_3?

ie=UTF8&qid=1412612945&sr=8-3&keywords=stinger+bug+zapper

I use it for the inside of the RV. When you are at a state park or boondocking you can really end up with a lot of flying critters in the RV after dark. You've been opening and closing the door in the evening and now it's time to stay inside. Just turn off the lights for a few minutes and all these lovely little things are attracted to the zapper and in just a few minutes the inside of the RV is cleared out. And it's also great entertainment to sit there in the dark and watch them get fried.

The instructions tell you not to leave it plugged in all the time. Mine has been plugged in and on all the time I'm parked for almost a year with no problems.

Jim

On edit: I also agree with Barb. . . a corkscrew is a must have item.

Jim
SKP: 99693
If you think you can, or you think you can't. . . you are probably right (Henry Ford)
2014 Dodge 4WD Dually
1998 Carriage LS-341

1. Auto-deploying halon fire extinguisher mounted in the refrigerator cavity (165°F)

TPMS

Sleep Number bed

Electronic spark igniter for kitchen stove (http://goo.gl/ggOQYv)

Programable thermostat for heat

Heated mattress pad to take out the chill before crawling in, then unplug it for the night

Solar-electric system (panels, pure sine inverter, AGMs, MPPT, LED's throughout)

SeeLevel gauges

Dishwasher

Thermometer for the refrigerator

Mark & Sue---SKP#86611
'06 International 4400LoPro DT570 310hp 950ft-lbs.-Allison--3.70 gears
'05 36' Teton Liberty
'12 BMW F650 twin

Some very neat and needed items. As much as we love our GPS system we still love to have our paper maps and books!

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

My Top 10 Accessories

Millenicom Verizon Hotspot

AT&T Mobile Share

Fuzzy Grass on my Steps

RV GPS

RVI2 Brake System

Blue Ox Tow Bar

ValvePal Tire Pressure Accessories

WaterMiser Battery Vent Caps

StrongBack Chairs

Dirt Devil Central Vacuum

JohnnyB

2014 ShowHauler Motorhome 45'

Jacksonville Beach, FL

Whats a banks stinger package?

Banks is a well-known after-market engine enhancement outfit. The "Stinger" package basically increases horsepower and torque by improving the air flow into the engine (better turbo). I have a 230hp Cummins 5.9 and the Banks is supposed to increase that to almost 300hp along with better torque. If you just use it for hills and not try to drive 75mph you also gain mpg. With no toad we get 11 to 12mpg. With the toad we get about 10 to 10.5mpg. Also comes with boost pressure gauage and exhaust temperature gauge. The boost pressure really helps keep my lead foot off the pedal; as long as I keep that needle at or below 10 I get better fuel efficiency.

http://www.bankspower.com/products/show/?option_id=184%7C4%7CDiesel%20Trucks%2C%20%0A01-04%20Chevy/GMC%20-%206.6L%20Duramax%20LB7%7C1

WDR

1993 Foretravel U225 with Pacbrake and 5.9 Cummins with Banks

1999 Jeep Wrangler, 4" lift and 33" tires

Raspberry Pi Coach Computer

Ham Radio

Banks is a well-known after-market engine enhancement outfit. The "Stinger" package basically increases horsepower and torque by improving the air flow into the engine (better turbo).

Hey thanks, WDR!! That sounds like some great fun! I'll look into that. ~Cheers

• 4 months later...

My list,

Trojan T105 batteries

120 Watt solar panel and Blue Sky charger

LED bulbs in all interior lights (consume only 2-3 watts per bulb vs 18)

Catalytic heater

Lots of wall-mount hooks for hanging clothes, jackets, etc.

Paper plates (amazing how much water you save not doing dishes after every meal)

-Steve

• 3 weeks later...

No order and may not fit for full time but sure do make us happy for weekends and vacations:

Baby Q BBQ

Inline water filter

Roll up wood table with collapsible base

D.light LED Solar Lanterns

French Press and Hotpot

Dutch Oven (ANY chance to cook outside is a plus since we camp alot in the desert!)

Bissell Carpet Sweeper (again, desert, sand, kids, dogs LOL)

Staples Brand 4 Port USB Portable Hub for charging (cell phones, tablets, kindle, nook and laptop, yep we share)

Cribbage, Cards & Games

Large Wooden Tray with built in handles (saves SO many trips back inside to bring items out!)

Great ideas on this thread. :)

Safe travels!

Jo

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

Archived