MotoSat HD to RF Mogul

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger, that is a cable box not a satellite receiver.

Roy

2011 GMC 3500 SRW CC, SB, Duramax/Allison
2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG, 7000lb axles, Glide Ride, HD brakes, dual pane windows, 40" Panasonic, Magnadyne HTS, PD surge protector, etc.
Mods: 5 gal pressure tank, Motosat dish, plumbing reworked, inside steps storage, SeeLevel tank gauges, Rear view camera, major changes to basement.

• 4 months later...

Hi Roger,

The stuff is so new that no one had any real experience with it yet. I asked a couple of dealers and all they had was brochures so far. I managed another winter using my modified setup. There were times that the new one would have made life a little easier but, I wasn't really pressed for time!! The controller was quoted at $900 US plus tax.

Roy

2008 HitchHiker LS 29.5 FKTG, 7000lb axles, Glide Ride, HD brakes, dual pane windows, 40" Panasonic, Magnadyne HTS, PD surge protector, etc.
Mods: 5 gal pressure tank, Motosat dish, plumbing reworked, inside steps storage, SeeLevel tank gauges, Rear view camera, major changes to basement.

What difference would the new one make if you are in the deep south and the footprint of the new satellite doesn't reach that far?

On edit, just got an e-mail from RF Mogul, there have been some software improvements.

Sidenote, am also getting a set of folding steps to fit inside one of the side storage compartments made and installed from Step up in Oregon.

Roger, I guess you don't understand. The new satellite and all the channels on it are not available with any system once you are beyond the border by maybe a hundred miles. The new controller will still tune to the 111 satellite and all channels on the 111 and 107 sats are still available in the south. I get all the channels I get at home so, I am happy!

Roy

I DO know the new satellite has a footprint which doesn't reach far south of the border. I thought you were referring to something else.

I have someone holding onto a 505 in Calgary for me, I'll pick it up when I return to clear out the house in a couple or 3 weeks.

This is still on track, thanks.

Sorry for the misunderstanding Roger. I have 3 505 and 4 207/209 receivers. The 207/209 receivers are 12v and fairly compact so they are well suited to trailers. I use one for the bedroom TV in the trailer.

I'm just over in Drumheller if you want to see what I have going sometime.

Roy

• 1 month later...

Picked up the 505 today, complete, unused in the box. The rest of Mr Moto's upgrade parts are on their way from RF Mogul. All I need to do now is get thru this Commercial Driver course and get the OK from the DR working on my hand tomorrow then I'm off.

The cleanup crew I hired said they throw out lots of these plus others.

Archived