Problem with Windows Live Mail: Updating Your Changes.....

Capt Joe

I've recently been having a strange thing happening with my e-mail.

Using Windows 7 and Windows Live Mail, I have been getting a message screen saying "Updating Your Changes" and "To stop updating your email account click Cancel".

Problem is that it NEVER seems to complete the updating even if you leave it running overnight and when it is running, your email is locked up and inoperable. You can get out of it by either clicking on the Cancel button or closing it by clicking on the Close Box X in the upper right corner of the message box. When you do close or cancel it, it just comes back in just a few minutes.

I have done some searching online but have not come up with a solution yet.

Anybody else getting this message and have a solution or correction to this?

I will really appreciate any and all replies.

Thanks,

Capt Joe

Capt Joe

2004 Winnebago Brave 32v on WH20 Chassis w/8.1L and Allison

RV/Derek
http://www.rvroadie.com Email on the bottom of my website page.
Retired AF 1971-1998

When you see a worthy man, endeavor to emulate him. When you see an unworthy man, look inside yourself. - Confucius

“Those who can make you believe absurdities, can make you commit atrocities.” ... Voltaire

• 9 months later...

Help!

Over time I have constructed a large folder structure for one of the email accounts that Windows Live Mail services. I have spent time filing incoming emails so that I may find them again. Presumably if I uninstall (as advised above) in order to overcome the "Updating changes" problem that everyone is experiencing, then I lose all the folder structure? Besides which, the action that RV suggests doesn't actually solve the problem, or so I read. Neither does removing and adding back the account. Neither does the "Repair all Windows live programs". Any clues?

Archived