First pull with 2015 VNL 730

RickS

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My Gawd Man! That rig's got everything but an automatic ass wiper. However, down near the bottom of the list I did see an advanced remote anal temp probe.... don't even want to know what that thing does. I wish I could afford to follow Rick around in his travels just to pick up the stuff that falls off his unit, even if I wouldn't know what to do with half the parts I picked up.

Just messing with you Rick, I'm really proud for you. I hope when I grow up I can have a setup just like it. The word that comes to mind is IMPRESSIVE!

Ed

Jim, I'm gonna see it in real life on Monday. I may even make dinner for Rick.... :)

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

WOW … a real Show-Stopper!

Did you order it as SA?

Steve,.....sorry don't know what SA?

How come after every new post I get even more envious?

Were you racing or watching?

BB, used to do a lot of drag racing but business and kids slowed that down but really like watching....Denver is the closest NHRA National event for us to go watch.

Rick:

Thanks for taking the time to type all of that info. Very nice. Someday, I hope to see it in real life.

Jim

If you need any other info just let me know.

OFS,.......LOL!! man you had me laughing! :)

Jim, I'm gonna see it in real life on Monday. I may even make dinner for Rick.... :)

Jack, that sounds good..... :). Looking forward to the visit. Hopefully it won't be 100 degree's at Woodland Park.

I was asked about fuel mileage earlier in this thread and the trip from Edmonton to Denver the DID says that I have gotten 9.6 (US) mpg. That is through the mountains of MT/WY/CO @ 70MPH mostly on cruise. Very happy with that.

I would think SO! That is about what I'd expect from that engine and your setup, though. What did the simulator predict when you were configuring it before purchase?

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack, did you see it in real life? I drove down to San diego and saw this one. Although not as many options as on Rick's, the Wild Cargo, in the link, is very impressive.

http://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/showproduct.php?product=5647&title=2012-excel-wild-cargo-41gke&cat=12

Jim

I did see Rick's truck in "real life", as well as his highly custom Excel Wild Cargo. Pics follow and I'll add a link here later to them...I only have pics of the truck, though.

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack, did you see it in real life? I drove down to San diego and saw this one. Although not as many options as on Rick's, the Wild Cargo, in the link, is very impressive.

http://www.irv2.com/rvclassifieds/showproduct.php?product=5647&title=2012-excel-wild-cargo-41gke&cat=12

Jim

Hi All, new to this forum...met Jim last week when he came down to San Diego to check out my Wild Cargo. My family and I could use a little help in getting the word out about our trailer. I am active duty Navy and we will be moving overseas in October-November timeframe. Ideally we would like to sell the Excel before we leave, otherwise it will sit in storage for two years. I've posted another ad here: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=112021.

BTW, Rick it's been a couple of years since we last talked. I was super jealous about your MDT and now I'm really envious about your HDT! The whole set up looks absolutely amazing. And for those chiming in, when I was trying to decide how I wanted Peterson Industries to build our Wild Child, Rick provided a lot of advice which helped me tremendously.

Just got back home for a couple of days then off again. Have put on about 5K miles do far......and lived through Las Vegas @ 118 degrees. Had a great visit with Jack and Danielle. Great hosts and some really good food.... :)

Averaged out at 9.6 mpg @ 70-75 mpg.

Tim,

Nice to hear from you again. Hope you can make a deal on your unit before you go.It is a very good deal.

Thanks Rick for the welcome. I'm impressed with your rig AND the fuel mileage your getting.

Welcome to the forum! The RV is built by Peterson Industries out of Kansas. They have been building RV's for over 40 years now.

Here is link to their website.

Just got back home for a couple of days then off again. Have put on about 5K miles do far......and lived through Las Vegas @ 118 degrees. Had a great visit with Jack and Danielle. Great hosts and some really good food.... :)

Here are some PICTURES of Rick's visit......

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack,

Thanks for posting the pictures! Thanks again for the visit.....you may not know but I think Jack could apply for the master chef show.....best meal of the trip by a long shot. Had the truck washed the day before those pictures. It was right next to the truck stop where I was getting fuel......no bugs in Colorado. Can't say that for the trip back home. :) I think a truck wash here would do very well.

BEAUTIFUL,Been looking at the freightliner sportchassis, But this Volvo is the best of the best.I know a lot of people on here and me included would like to know how much. So I have to ask you what was the out the door price from the factory.thanks John (dreaming in California)

Guest Lostinaz

That's the best looking Volvo I have seen. Very nice.

It's also the shiniest truck I have seen in a while.

Your reflection in the cab looked like a mirror.

Archived