Sold - RV port & home in Bass Lake Retirement Community- SOLD -

Home and RV port combination is now available located in Bass Lake Christian Retirement Community, in rural area near Lindale, TX. This is a 900 sq./ft. with full kitchen, bedroom, bath, living area and covered RV port. Home is in a closed community with private, paved streets, community center and public grounds. Annual dues of $700/year include water, sewer, trash collection, and access to all common properties.

Kirk, why not put the pictures on Picasa (Google+) for free and just post a link? You will get a lot more interest if you do that. IMO. If you do not have/want an account I can host them for you. Just email if interested.

Oh, on edit - the length and clearance of the port is critically important.

I saw the pictures on CL.....but there are not many. I assume there are LOTS more pictures that would help people screen better and generate interest. But perhaps I'm wrong.

Ever see a good Realtor listing? There may be 100 pictures and sometimes a virtual tour. Granted, this is different type of property, but there is a REASON why they do it that way - it generates interest and sells properties.

Thanks for the comments. I don't have a lot of pictures since the property isn't mine, but can get most anything that someone interested may want. As to the RV port size, I'll take a look at that as it is of interest and while I don't know the dimensions, I can get them. I can tell you that when I first saw it there was a 40' fifth wheel parked in it and it was fully inside. I don't think that the slides were out, but there is room so may have been. The husband was in an Alzheimer's home when we moved here so I never knew him and she sold the fiver just a few months after we bought here.

Stanley's link is a good one, but the picture is a couple of years out of date as there are three homes which show as empty lots, but that does show where this one is. If you look to the upper left or northwest corner, there is an RV pad, then 4 homes and an open lot. The open lot is a septic drain field and won't ever be developed (common property) and the house in this ad is #4 or next to that drain field. The lot she has for sale is the one directly across the street from her house, between the two trees with one of them on that lot.

Since there is presently a prospective buyer in the picture, I'll hold off on any further pictures for now but will take a look at adding a few if nothing happens on that contact.

• 10 months later...

I just came by some nice pictures of this home which may be of interest to some of the readers here. Rich Dixon is still looking to sell the home and it is immediately available as he has now moved. His phone number is (559)970-1954 and his email is:radoxpm2(at)yahoo.com.

00W0W_bgu14yA0M4h_600x450.jpg

00U0U_hTGxC1vxA1O_600x450.jpg00e0e_l6sr4OlzBEy_600x450.jpg00909_9WMLiLpZ3Xb_600x450.jpg

01616_6wz6VqHq6fm_600x450.jpg00c0c_biSrUqR4mZO_600x450.jpg00909_bOPJW1DURwq_600x450.jpg

Nice looking base camp. Is this a deeded lot and home or does it fall under that condominium concept ? Originally you stated that it for sale by a widowed lady. Who is Rich Dixon? A Realtor?

Kirk -

As a follow-up to my comment, the reason I was asking about if a Realtor was involved, is that I have a neighbor who is looking for property of this type but doesn't want to get involved with a Realtor. He prefers to purchase from an owner. I'm not sure if this is what he is looking for but I will pass it on. Thanks.

Nice looking base camp. Is this a deeded lot and home or does it fall under that condominium concept ? Originally you stated that it for sale by a widowed lady. Who is Rich Dixon? A Realtor?

The empty lot that is owned by my widowed next door neighbor is still available. It was sold, but the buyer had family issues so she let them back out of the contract and returned their money. The community is organized very similarly to the Escapee co-op parks, but with some minor differences. The is a faith based corporation under the corporate laws of the state of Texas and is registered with the secretary of state.

Since Rich is not presently in residence, another member of the community and I have been acting in his behalf on site but you are free to contact Rich if you wish.

This is the home owned by Rich & Nancy Dixon. They built the home and lived here for several years, but this summer made the decision to move to AZ in order to be closer to their children who reside in CA. There is no realtor involved in any way.

Check it out via Google Satellite Views if interested. It is a pretty small but soundly organized community.

I was just reading back through this and realized that I didn't edit the post that I thought that I had... :wub: As a result I have repaired this as the post was originally for the home of a widow lady who moved to a nicer home that is next door to me. Somewhere there was also one for the pictured home, but I can't find it now, so will attempt to resolve it by fixing this thread. Rich is a good friend and he & Nancy were great members of the community. I thought that I had jumped into the post he made about his house sometime back, but........

This one is far more house but also costs more than twice as much...

So what is the asking price on this lot/building/house combination? The unrevised listing stated $60K,

Is this still the correct price or ?

Kirk has got me thoroughly confused as to what he is helping sell these days. It seems that there are three different properties mentioned in this thread?

Joe

So what is the asking price on this lot/building/house combination? The unrevised listing stated $60K,

Is this still the correct price or ?

You have to bear with me as the mess was a mental slip on my part. I was asked by the person who owns this property to update a thread on his home for sale, but messed up and added to one for a different house that has sold since that edited post went up. In looking, I don't find the post for Rich's home that I had intended to add to for him... Not sure where it went but seems to be gone.

Anyway, the smaller home is sold and this one is a completely different, newer & larger place. The asking price is $149k.

I appologize for the confusion. My mistake as I seem to have had a mental lapse somewhere. :wacko:

Kirk, no harm no foul. I understand the temporary lapse in organization and computer confusion.

I still believe you are doing a fantastic service in promoting your community that rarely found today.

Not to the effort put forth in helping ones neighbor. You are a classic for sure....and I mean that in

the best of way.

• 4 months later...

Archived