RV Oven

sdeasy

We too got rid of my gas oven/stove. We used that space to add a small freezer. I already had the dishwasher so this was a bonus for me. We added a 3 burner glass cooktop. I use my convection for everything. We'll, we don't cook a large turkey or huge ham anymore as we don't have that large family get together anymore. But I don't think I would ever get a regular oven in our Carriage again. Hugs, Di

SKP #48048
2015 single Cab Ram 3500 Dually. Aisan Transmission, 410 gear. Pace Edwards automatic roll top cover. AMP running boards & tailgate step.
1996/2010 Triple Slide Carriage, Mor/Ryde Suspension, Kodiak Disc Brakes, Big Foot Leveling System & Plug It Right Stabilizers.
www.plugitright.com Plug It Right Stabilizer, TST, Quadra Big Foot Lever Tailgate Easy Lift Distrubitors
http://www.plugitright.com/5thwheelREDO.html e-mail: plugitright@gmail.com

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We use a cookie sheet that is two pieces of SS with an air space between them in place of a breakable pizza stone and it evens out the heat as well as a stone. My wife bakes pies, cakes, cookies in the oven with no burned spots.

For a turkey, many supermarkets sell fresh turkeys already cut up, or they will cut it for you.

2014 Redwood 36RE

2013 RAM SLT DRW, Cummins, ASIN

2001 Dodge SLT Cummins

For a turkey, many supermarkets sell fresh turkeys already cut up, or they will cut it for you.

Or you can buy a turkey breast. That's what you really wanted anyway, isn't it? One meal then sandwiches from the leftovers?

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I get a breast and as many legs as I think I'll have takers for, aside from gravy I don't have much use for the rest of the turkey anyway.

If the legs look nice I might grab an extra six for the BBQ later, low heat and some wood chips after a rub with garlic, pepper and olive oil.

We found the cookie sheet idea worked to keep things from burning on the bottom but the stone gave us more even heat, less up and down on our remote thermometer anyway.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 4 weeks later...

Shirley,

When we traded motor homes last February the new motor home didn't have an oven at all. So we had them put one in and we ordered the 21 inch oven instead of the 17 inch. We also put the tiles in the oven. This oven works great!! Almost as good as our gas oven that was in our home. We are full timers and I can't deal with the conventional ovens. I bake all the time.

Tulip49

(Shirley Thurman)

We bought a Nuwave counter top cooker this winter and since then we havent used the propane oven once. It will do everything from pizza to steak, bran muffins, cake , pies and evena whole chicken. It uses 120 volts so if boondocking I will start the generator for a while but we are very pleased with it. My wife likes the fact that it requires no preheating and can use it outside to avoid heating up. The RV.

I'm looking at the NuWave induction cooker for use with pots and pans - is this a similar type of thing but as an oven? I'm most curious!

The Queen Jester, traveling with her husband, Left Brain in their RV named Seymour (See More...get it?)

With so much talk about cooking turkey, I had to. Today I got a half turkey and coked it in our Breville Smart convection oven. The turkey was delicious, and the skin was very crispy. I will definitely cook another turkey this way.

Karen

Roger & Karen

Roger USN Captain (retired) submarine service

Karen Captain (retired) pilot

2014 Winnebago Tour 42GD

Toad Chevy Avalanche

Travel six months

At home in coastal Maine six months

• 2 weeks later...

I'm looking at the NuWave induction cooker for use with pots and pans - is this a similar type of thing but as an oven? I'm most curious!

I bought the cook top first, then the oven. I LOVE them both. I haven't used the RV propane stove or oven since. Not only easier, but since most parks electric is free, very cost effective! If you buy, get the Digital Pro. Oh and there is a Facebook page called Nuwave Oven Receipes.

Sandee Melton

2008 Tioga Ranger 26'

Or you can buy a turkey breast. That's what you really wanted anyway, isn't it? One meal then sandwiches from the leftovers?

Linda Sand

Linda, that's the part - I - like. But my dear wife likes some of the dark meat, too. Glad to know I'm not the only one. LOL!! :D

Brian, I am like your wife. I like the dark meat. In fact my wife and most of her family and mine also like the dark. Since we are not going south this year we will be having Thanksgiving at our house - about 14 people. So I bought four leg and thigh quarters which we will cook with the turkey. The white meat is used for sandwiches and soup - turkey and rice and turkey and noodles.

My favorite thing a few days after a holiday is to pick the carcass.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

Like Jack Spratt and his wife, I prefer the dark and she, the light meat so we pick the carcass clean.... yummm... making my mouth water already.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Two years ago, we went to Cracker Barrel and bought their Thanksgiving Dinner To-Go. It was wonderful and we lived on the leftovers for days.

New Domain!! Blogging at workingtourists.com

Fulltime FreightKampers since 2010

2006 Freightliner M2 Business Class

96" ICT Sleeper - Living Fulltime Comfortably in 64 sf !

• 2 months later...

We bought a Nuwave counter top cooker this winter and since then we havent used the propane oven once. It will do everything from pizza to steak, bran muffins, cake , pies and even a whole chicken. It uses 120 volts so if boondocking I will start the generator for a while but we are very pleased with it. My wife likes the fact that it requires no preheating and can use it outside to avoid heating up. The RV.

Hi - since several have acclaimed the NuWave cooker, I researched online and find many many complaints the plastic dome cracks quickly and minimally costs $15 to replace repeatedly. Some love it so much, they keep replacing it! One supposedly used JBD Weld with success, another said if you do not use the provided (cold) metal ring to hold the top once it is hot but carefully lay it flat on a material like cork, it will not crack,..... would you care to comment on your experiences along these lines, pls and thank you.

We found it was easier to light the oven if we lifted the pan and rack over the burner up and out so we could see what we were doing.

Clay(WA5NMR), Lee(Wife), Katie & Kelli (cats)
Full timed for eleven years in our 2004 Winnebago Sightseer 35N Workhorse chassis. Snowbirds for 1 year. Now settled down in western CO.
Honda Accord toad.

• 2 months later...

We just purchased a 5th wheel and special ordered a Verona gas oven. My wife loves to bake also and does not like convection. Have not tried it out yet. We pick up our new full time rig on June 9th. 82 days and counting!!!

Just wanted to see how your Verona oven is working?

• 2 weeks later...

Since I started this topic I thought an update was in order. In March we traded in our 5th wheel for another model with a lay out we liked. It has a counter that was perfect for the Breville Oven. Just love it! The RV oven is perfect for storing pans.

Shirley & Neil
F350 and 2015 Open Range Light 318RLS
Winston, 2008 Cardigan Welsh Corgi and Nellie, 2010 Scottish Terrier

She is cooking biscuits as I type this. She uses the Verona oven often and says it compares very well to her oven in our s&b.

<p>Gene & Colleen2009 Volvo 670 customized by Gregg RV Haulers, 2014 New Horizon 5th wheel, 2012 smart car on the deck. Full time 6/17/2014

Vmmonline.org

Since I started this topic I thought an update was in order. In March we traded in our 5th wheel for another model with a lay out we liked. It has a counter that was perfect for the Breville Oven. Just love it! The RV oven is perfect for storing pans.

Exactly how we do it. Have only used the gas oven once in the past 2 years.

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

Trailer Life's March 2015 edition showcases the Dometic Italian SMEV oven and range which is purported to be a premium performer, allowing accurate home-quality broiling, cooking, and baking. It has built in igniters for stove top and oven, a thermocouple safety shut-off, and an interior light. Currently it can only be obtained through a dealer and has a 10-week lead time. It does have some additional installation requirements (since it is European made) but nothing that looked too onerous (according to the article). Consumes 33% less LP-gas. I am an avid cook and love to bake, so I worked hard to get the stove for our soon-to-be-built 5th wheel. Very excited to try it out. If anyone is interested in seeing the article PM me and I will send it to you.

2010 Volvo VNL 670 D13 500 HP Ishift - "THOR"

2016 DRV Elite Suites 38RSSA - "Freya"

2012 Smart For Two - "Loki"

Ron & Shelley Johnston, pilots

Toy, Nika, and Piranha, feline co-pilots and Demi-gods (at least if you ask them).

Archived