Ocala Florida area deeded RV lot - price reduced again to $53k

We are selling our RV lot in the Wilderness RV Resort At Silver Springs (Ocala Florida area). The lot measures approximately 7,600 sf and has a large paver patio adjoining the concrete driveway, a 10X14 storage building with power, and a private forest view. It is lot #21 in the Preserve Estates section (motorhomes only) which has it's own clubhouse, hot tub and pool. This is a deeded RV community with covenants; HOA fees are $155 per month which includes water, sewer, cable TV, and yard mowing. Annual taxes are $750 or $350 if you exercise the Florida resident homestead exemption.

The asking price is $59,000. Please contact us via private message or call 864-275-0311 if you would like more information.

Property Photos:

http://wildernessestateslotforsale.shutterfly.com/pictures

RV park website:

http://www.wildernessrvparkestates.com

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for your post ....the park is great and Ocala is right-sized for a winter headquarters. Plenty of shopping, dining and medical facilities. We were full time for 8 years and this park had been our winter home for the last several years before switching to part time status last fall. We bought a small house in The Villages just 25 miles south of Wilderness and just don't need the lot as there is storage available for our rig in The Villages.

• 3 weeks later...

We rented a site next to your site and it was lovely there. It was quiet and the people we met were very friendly. We ended up extending our stay another week since Wilderness is so central to many places we wanted to see.

Good luck with you sale!

Do motorhome owners put on their pants differently than fifth wheel owners?

Yes, they do.... There are lots of places that keep the "trailer trash" out. And most of those places have a "snobbish" attitude about them, and I would not want to be there anyway. I even see that among some motorcoach owners where the trailer trash IS allowed. Interestingly enough, I find that the owners of REALLY high line coaches, like Prevost conversions, Newell and Foretravel are among the nicest people I meet. It is among the owners of the higher mid-line coaches that I find the snobbish population (a generalization that is not always true).

No matter to me...I just go about my business of enjoying life.... :)

Wilderness has three sections with the newest (Preserve Estates) restricted to motorhomes. Personally, I think they include other units as they are missing the majority of the market but so far the developer does not want to do that, but you never know. I think most places set up that restriction thinking they could command premium pricing but it hasn't worked out that way since the boom days ended. Mount Olive Shores North has evolved to include towables for example.

We previously full timed in an Excel 33RSO pulled by a Freightliner Sportchassis and had more $$ tied up in that rig than our current motorhome. We love Escapees parks - they are the most egalitarian of all and we have love staying there. Some of the big money motorhome parks (no names) are full of snobs, but we could never be comfortable in places like that.

Wilderness is friendly and we enjoy being there. Come on down and give us a try.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

I have not found the "snobbish" people at all at Wilderness. In fact it seems people are friendlier here than at other "mixed" parks I have been in. People in all 3 sections of Wilderness bike, walk and socialize throughout the resort.

The owner's association of the 3 sections make the rules and run the associations. This month the Preserve owner's took over the association from the resort owners. I believe the association is keeping the Preserve as Class A (over 32 feet only) to keep property values up. Rentals seem somewhat lower than many other resorts in Florida during the winter season.

• 3 weeks later...

The Preserve owners have hired Bosshardt Property Management LLC - they also handle the Town Park section of the park. The final turnover from the developer will take place around March 7th. It's a great park - Come on down and look us over!! Lots are still available.

WOW really Jack!! I wear tee shirts with holes in them and stretched out necks and my most comfortable underwear are held together by stings and I just happen to own a motorhome and am just barely lucky enough to spell it but I guess that makes me a snob LOL!!.

I guess I'm just surprised to hear a guy that has one of the most expensive fifth wheels on the market that the average Joe can't afford say that as he trades every couple years for something bigger and better. And then toss in the rig needed to tow it and it's even farther out of reach.

Good for you but why the attack on motor home owners I'm wondering?

Maybe I took it wrong or it touched the wrong nerve.

Just telling it like it is Dave. Actually I was remarking on someone else's comment.

Most motorhome owners are pretty good, and I count many of them as my friends. In fact, all my close friends have motorhomes, and we have too, in the past. But there is a segment of them that are pretty snobbish....and many of them seem to congregate at "Motorcoach Only" parks. But I take all RVers on their own merits. Like I said, if I meet the snobbish ones - and I have - I just go about my business. And it has nothing to do with money. It is an attitude.

I've never run across an RV park that had a big sign out front "fivers only", "pull trailers only" or "slide in campers only" but I have run across several that say "motor homes only." Don't recall any RV clubs with similar signs aside from the Family Motor Coach bunch that won't let us trailer trash join.

Yes it ticks me off but it is their park/club and if I'm not good enough to join that is just my problem.

Fair enough,, I agree on it's the attitude thing and have seen the attitude not only from motorhome owners but 5th wheel and trailer owners as well. And of course NON rv owners as we all have. We have only stayed at 1 of the motorhome only parks while visiting Hilton Head and lucky enough for us everyone we met was friendly.

I have always hated the clicks or stigmas groups can have and was hoping to avoid that type of stuff once we got out of the work force and started full timing but I guess it will always be part of life. But like you said Jack,, I just carry on and do my own thing for the most part.

And it's funny,, most of my RV friends are not motorhome owners.

Just telling it like it is Dave. Actually I was remarking on someone else's comment.

Most motorhome owners are pretty good, and I count many of them as my friends. In fact, all my close friends have motorhomes, and we have too, in the past. But there is a segment of them that are pretty snobbish....and many of them seem to congregate at "Motorcoach Only" parks. But I take all RVers on their own merits. Like I said, if I meet the snobbish ones - and I have - I just go about my business. And it has nothing to do with money. It is an attitude.

I believe most of the MH only resorts are deeded lot resorts, and this is generally the decision of the owners, first of the resort, then the lot owners. Since they own the resort, they can make whatever decisions they want. I feel that owners of an any type RV park wish to attract the nicer coaches as this looks good for their resorts. If you believe this is snobbish then so be it. I have friends in all 3 sections of our resort and we get along very well.

Without trying to group anyone in a category, as I have visited RV Parks in my limited travels, it seems that the largest numbers of the less desirable RVs are TT and to a lesser extent 5ers. I'm not talking age here, but the RVs that just do not seem to get maintenance done, that look their age. I see many more of these not so well maintained RVs than I do not so well maintained MHs. I would think that someone who has purchased a lot would not wish to have one of these not so well maintained RVs, no matter the type, in the same section as they are. Once these RVs get in, it's darn hard to get them out in many cases.

A case in point, there is one less well maintained MH in the resort we are in. It has been over a year trying to get them out or into a newer coach. The thought is that now that there is a management company this might finally happen.

Our decision to get a coach was based on my experiences driving both large single vehicles (Class B CDL) and tractor trailers (Class A CDL). I found it was easier to drive the single vehicle versus the articulated vehicle, especially for a less experienced driver. This allows me to tow a smaller vehicle as a toad. I do not care what type RV you have. If I am treated well by you I will treat you equally as well.

Archived