Solar Light Idea

Velos

• 3 months later...

Love it, may have to look into adopting this for when we go full time.....I actually have a mini lamp with a very heavy base for the size of lamp....might be perfect. Thanks for sharing.

Chip and Ruth

2000 Kenworth T2000 'Titus'

2006 Keystone Raptor 'Cletus'

2010 Smart 'Alyck'

• 6 months later...

I made "Canned Fairies" using a similar idea.

Clear paint cans from craft store, opalescent plastic gift paper, and a solar yard light. Cut the top of the paint can to put solar light in, so it would have sun exposure, hot-glued solar panel to inside of lid, suspended it into the opalescent crinkles in can.

Effect is quite pretty, and it can be hung most anywhere by the included wire bail. :)

You can often find rather ugly solar / LED yard lights at discount stores for a really cheap price. Salvage the LED, batteries and solar cell and controller and you have the guts for about any light you'd like to build cheaper than buying the components.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• 9 months later...

We tried the cheaper solar lights stuck in upside down terra cotta pots. They worked but the pots are heavy.

Decided to splurge for Christmas and bought d.light Solar Rechargeable Lanterns. LOVE them! Can sit on table or be carried with bale handle or hung to awning with handle. Best of all they have led lights that last 8 hours on charge and on/off switch. They charge even in low overcast skies, usb or shore power. My DH loves having one in the garage when home or by storage area when on road. Still at less than $20 Amazon decent price. No, I don't sell them or anything, just got tired of wasting money and having to replace batteries on lanterns.

Jo

Fort Courage

1984 Lazy Daze Class C 22'

High Desert CA

Thanks for sharing. Such great ideas.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member