The Class-less Class

Sandie & Jim

We stayed home on the 4th. Could have watched the city's fireworks from our balcony if the trees hadn't done such a good job of leafing out this year. So we just listened to them while watching Numb3rs on Netflix. Nice relaxing time in between the tense program moments.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 7.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not much going on. It's Sunday. I did a little cleaning just to have something to do. This evening I took Cowgirl Margie out to the truck stop for dinner. She will be leaving the park again this coming week. This time she is going to Durango, CO. for a while. She can't handle the heat here. I have 3 appointments for various things this coming week. Then another Eye follow-up on the 24Th. On that one they should order my glasses. Then all I'll have to wait on is my glasses if my doctor don't slap another appointment on me this friday when I see him. The only other thing that might keep me from flying the coop is if the Navion does't get registered in time. I'm having a little trouble with that. At first the gal that does vehicle registrations at my mail service said all I needed to satisfy the state of SD for the UVW was photos of the sticker that had the GVWR and the CCC. Now she tells me that isn't good enough the State won't do the math (subtract the CCC from the GVWR) to get the UVW. I'll have to get a statement from Winnebago that states the UVW or a statement from Holiday World. I think the problem lies with the gal at the mail service. Grrrrrrrr

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

I took the Navion in to Jimmy's RV this morning to have some DC plugs installed. On the way there the doctor's office called and said the doctor would be out of town on the day of my appointment and moved tne appointment to the following week. This makes a 10 day space between appointments. I'm thinking about using that to get out of Dodge for a while. I think I'll go over to Alpine AZ to see if I can take the altitude (8000 ft). I don't really think I can but I need to try. If It's too much for me I'll come back to Pinos Altos NM just north of Silver City NM which is only about 60 miles from here in Deming. It's 7000 feet. I'm fairly confident I can handle that and it's close enough to Silver City that I can hit Wal-Mart if I've forgoten to stock the Navion with something I'd need. I didn't do my test camping here in this park like I planned so if I needed somthing I could just run over to my trailer and borrow it but I won't be gone over a week and I can do without just about anything fot that long. Tomorrow morning I will take the Navion over to Las Cruces to have the Window Awnings installed and hopefully get the riser cusions for the cab seats to make them high enough to be comfortable when turned around toward the living area. Wish me luck.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Ok, Lee, you have been officially wished "LUCK"!! :lol:

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Boy, Jeri, and I thought that was a comet flying overhead. Glad you landed safely in Virginia! Now all you have to do is get your rig "unstuck"! :lol:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We had a pretty good storm this afternoon after I got back from Las Cruces. It dumped a lot of rain in a fairly short time. I got the window awnings installed today. I'm not exactly thrilled with the color but they will keep the sun out. If I can get a couple items from Wal-Mart either tonight or early tomorrow I think I'll take off for higher ground. I can't stay over a week but at least I can cure the hitch itch for a while. Our park is about deserted now. Maybe I should lock the gate when I leave. Even the president has gone for a few days.

Well, I'm in Alpine AZ at 8000 feet. And immediately found out what I forgot to put in the Navion when I took off. USB charge cables for my phone. So unless I find one I'll have to go back tomorrow because I'm expecting a couple important calls. I'm handling the altitude ok if I don't do anything but just getting in and out of the cab to level the rig with blocks really got me huffing and puffing in a hurry. Even bending over to get the AC cord out of a basement compartment took my breath away. So on the next escape attempt I'll try a place at 7000 feet. The owner of this RV Park is really helpful. He offered to go get blocks and level the rig for me. And when I said I would probable stay at least 3 days but would pay daily because I didn't know when I might have to leave. He said don't walk up here to the office. Call me and I'll come get you in the golf cart. Tomorrow I'll see if he has an extra USB cable. If not I'll go back down the hill to Silver City, NM and get one at Wal-Mart then stay there a couple of days. It's 5800 there and 7 to 10 degrees cooler than Deming. Or about 10 miles north of Silver is Pinos Altos at 7000 feet.

Lee, If you don't have another reason to go all the way back to Silver City, the town of Springerville, Az is only 30 miles north of you and I know they have a Verizon store that should have your charge cable.

Jim

Hey Jim 2 I didn't know you still read the forum. Yep I know about Eagar and Springerville but I came back to Silver City because I wanted to go up to Pinos Altos next. It' s the same altitude as Springerville but only 60 miles from Deming. I'm looking for close by places to get out of the Heat in Deming. I just wish this Continental RV Park here was a little better and more level. I'm hunting for a place that I don't have to use blocks so it's easy to just pull the electric cord and use the new rig as a car.

I got a phone call from one of the Cowgirls in Deming telling me they just went through a very bad wind rain and hail storm. It caused a bit of damage around the RVRanch. My little trailer was spun around sideways in the storage area and hit the fender of a large box trailer parked next to me. A lot of people had running water in their rig and it wasn't in their sink. I'll go back down there tomorrow to check the inside of my big trailer. Then if nothing needs cleaned up I can leave again for a few more days. But I'll bet water was blown in around the slide. When the wind blows that had the top of my slide tries to come back into the trailer opening a gap across the top of the slide.

I'm back in Deming. My trailer was ok except for the window awnings. One has a small tear the other has rolled up and I dont see the strap. I'll have to get the ladder to pull it out again to see if the strap is just rolled up in the canvas or if it broke and was blown over into the next county. But no water got in. I was able to dodge the mud puddles and get the little trailer back where it belongs. The tongue jack was sunk about a foot in the mud and the rear stabilizers were off their blocks and the rear of the trailer had swung around about 45 degrees. The rear corner of the trailer hit the fender of the box trailer in the next stall and put a dent in it about an inch deep but the corner of the little trailer wasn't hurt. I think I'll go to Wal-Mart and buy a couple items I found I needed but didn't have at Alpine then head for City of Rocks State Park for a couple more days before I have to come back for appointments.

We have discovered if you need a little rest don't visit Pigeon Forge. We've been running ragged ever since we arrived -- up early and to bed late. One more day and we'll sneak into Crossville and disrupt the Hyder's peaceful summer.

Oh how nice. We hope to do that in the fall. \have fun. 4 hugs coming your way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

We have discovered if you need a little rest don't visit Pigeon Forge. We've been running ragged ever since we arrived -- up early and to bed late. One more day and we'll sneak into Crossville and disrupt the Hyder's peaceful summer.

I have guards posted at all entrances to our place, no way you can sneak in!!! About time you got here, only been heading this way for months.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Oh how nice. We hope to do that in the fall. \have fun. 4 hugs coming your way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Looking forward to seeing both of you. Hopefully the town and us will still be here after Jeri leaves, then again she may stay forever!!! Looking forward to seeing Jeri and Terry and Toni and Doug.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Looking forward to seeing both of you. Hopefully the town and us will still be here after Jeri leaves, then again she may stay forever!!! Looking forward to seeing Jeri and Terry and Toni and Doug.

We aren't staying forever. We just plan on imposing on you as long as we can get away with it. When you stop the food from coming or it gets pretty lean, it'll be time to move on. (Or, didn't you plan on feeding us too? :D ) My dad always said company starts to smell like fish after a couple of days. It's time to hit the road before that happens.

Toni - Are you still thinking you'll be around Tennessee in November or did you move that forward? We 'll be long gone by November. Doesn't it get cold here and snow by then? Just checking. We don't do snow or cold but then again, we also said we don't do heat either and we've been in an oven most of the summer.

Edited by Wanderin'

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

I'm up at City of Rocks state park half way between Deming and Silver City NM. I had planned on staying a few days but will have to forfeit my rent and go back tomorrow. It seems the Title for my Navion has gone astray. So tomorrow I'll take the truck over to Holiday World and see if they can trace it or title it in New Mexico and cancel the application for title they sent to SD. They told me you don't have to declare residence to title vehicles in NM when I bought it. Then, Next year I'll re title it in SD and take Holiday World completely out of the process. It went so smooth when I bought the truck in Tennessee and had the Chevy dealer title it in SD then have my mail service register it as soon as the title came to my mail box. I wish I didn't buy a new NM st. park pass now. if I have to title in NM I could have got it for $100 with a NM tag. But I paid the $225 out of state fee just this morning. Grrrrrrrr. I personally think Holiday World forgot to tell SD where to send the title. So it may be at SD motor vehicle division waiting for someone to claim it. My temperary tag runs out the 19th so it don't look like I'll be going anywhere in the Navion until I get this straightened out.

I'm up at City of Rocks state park half way between Deming and Silver City NM. I had planned on staying a few days but will have to forfeit my rent and go back tomorrow. It seems the Title for my Navion has gone astray. So tomorrow I'll take the truck over to Holiday World and see if they can trace it or title it in New Mexico and cancel the application for title they sent to SD. They told me you don't have to declare residence to title vehicles in NM when I bought it. Then, Next year I'll re title it in SD and take Holiday World completely out of the process. It went so smooth when I bought the truck in Tennessee and had the Chevy dealer title it in SD then have my mail service register it as soon as the title came to my mail box. I wish I didn't buy a new NM st. park pass now. if I have to title in NM I could have got it for $100 with a NM tag. But I paid the $225 out of state fee just this morning. Grrrrrrrr. I personally think Holiday World forgot to tell SD where to send the title. So it may be at SD motor vehicle division waiting for someone to claim it. My temperary tag runs out the 19th so it don't look like I'll be going anywhere in the Navion until I get this straightened out.

Hi Lee... sorry to hear about your confusion regarding the title for the new rig. Can be most frustrating. We want to share with you an experience we had regarding New Mexico registrations, hoping that you might avoid a similar situation. A number of years back, while Colorado residents, we purchased a travel trailer from American RV/Camping World in Albuquerque. While doing the purchase paperwork, they asked if we wanted to register it in New Mexico. We were surprised, and they told us it was perfectly ok to do that, even though we lived in Colorado. Great, we thought! It was much cheaper, so we paid the fee and registered it in New Mexico... only to find out later that Colorado REQUIRED that it be registered in Colorado. We told the county clerk that the dealer said it was allowed, and she explained that, of course, it was ok to register the trailer in NM, but had nothing to do with Colorado's rules. Ca-ching... New Mexico made a few $ off us unknowing purchasers :(

So, we recommend that you demand that the dealer take care of your South Dakota registration, and get it done once and for all, properly! Good luck! Dianne & Tom

Tom & Dianne Wartman
Class of 2012, and happy members of the Classless Class
2004 Newmar Mountain Aire MH
2005 Chevy Trailblazer

www.tdhomestead.blogspot.com

Lee, our tag took a while to get to us also. I finally had the RV dealership, that did the transaction, overnight me a new temp tag to give me time to track everything down.

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We did what Steve did when our SD registration didn't come through quickly enough. It was the dealer that screwed up ours. Once they have your money it is hard to motivate them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We aren't staying forever. We just plan on imposing on you as long as we can get away with it. When you stop the food from coming or it gets pretty lean, it'll be time to move on. (Or, didn't you plan on feeding us too? :D ) My dad always said company starts to smell like fish after a couple of days. It's time to hit the road before that happens.

Toni - Are you still thinking you'll be around Tennessee in November or did you move that forward? We 'll be long gone by November. Doesn't it get cold here and snow by then? Just checking. We don't do snow or cold but then again, we also said we don't do heat either and we've been in an oven most of the summer.

Probably early November.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

I went to Las Cruces this morning. The dealer called someone at their headquarters in Houston. They were at some type of meeting so he told me he would call me as soon as he got a call back from Houston. The riser cushions that I talked them into tossing into the deal were there but they had only ordered one. The parts guy did some checking and said your right there are supposed to have been two. I'll order the other one but it will probable take as long to come in as the one that came today. There was also an issue with a power vent. It has a mind of it's own. It will work just fine a few time then the next time you try to open it, it just jumps the gear and don't do anything but make noise. The service manager said it sounds like something is loose and gave me an appointment for the 28th. All in all it was a waisted day but at least I have people working on tne problems. I do like the cushion I did get. Now the cab seat is just like an easy chair when I turn it around to face the living area.

Just got the July/August issue of Escapees magazine and on page 58 who do I see? Tom (tdhomestead) and a fine group of people boondocking in Borrego Springs. Dianne must be cooking something in the RV. We're going to miss the desert and our Class-less friends this winter. A few of us Class-less will be roaming around Florida.

Stay safe and cool everyone.

Jeff :)

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/