Jump to content


Validated Members
  • Posts

  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Leni

  1. Just one last question your truck is double axle on the bacl?

    1. genecolleen


      It is single axle, I don’t have DOT number and never stop at scales. It is a private truck.

  2. Is your truck double axle on the back?
  3. Thanks everyone for the help
  4. I did it but have to be single axel
  5. I did it but have to be single axel
  6. I don't want it as a motorhome but the not comercial insurance i can't find it. I need an insurance company
  7. As Jack stated, Florida will NOT allow you to register your tractor as a motorhome. Our Kenworth was a fully equipped (kitchen/ bathroom w/shower/ full sized bed, etc) tractor with 170" of living quarters exactly like a small Class C type motorhome inside. But as long as the fifth wheel (or a gooseneck) hitch was attached to the tractor and the intent was to pull a fifth wheel RV or gooseneck type of trailer, it could not be legally registered within Florida. Not to say that a person could not temporarily remove the hitch, register the tractor as a "motorhome" and then replace the hitch afterwards and then run illegally with it. For us, the risk were to great! I will scan and post the Florida documents pertaining to this given to us by DMV and which clearly define this restriction. So, we currently run under a Florida registration which classifies our Volvo as a type "RMR" vehicle, and because we registered the GCVWR at less than 55K are not required to pay the Heavy Highway Use Tax which runs about $550.00/ year. Our annual plate (sticker) renewal will run slightly more than $300/year. If you find a better deal to legally register your tractor/toter, please share it as we too would be interested. Someone put this here on this site but i haven't be able to contact him. I don't know what RMR means and i look for it but nothing came up
  8. I tried they ask me for dot number for the truck
  9. Can someone gift me the information of any insurance so i can call them
  10. Do you need to hace DOT number and CDL class A?

  11. But for the comercial policy you need to have CDL class A to drive it and also the truck need to have DOT number?
  12. HI MY NAME IS LENIUSKA, i live in florida, my husband and I we have a HDT that we are trying to get the titles converted in a motorhome but when i check the requirements they say i can not put a fifth wheel on the back. There is any conversion that allows me to put the fifth wheel ? Also the insurance is a problem i have been trying to put insurance on my HDT but they say is a comercial trucks so the offer me comercial insurance. My question is how i can use my HDT to pull my fifth wheel and not having to pay comercial insurance? Or how can i register my truck for personal use so i can pull my fifth wheel.
  • Create New...