I wish I could buy an RV in the US and storaged it while I am here in Brazil.

Hello, My name is Alexander, but you can call me Alex, I live in Brazil and I'm working hard to be able to get a linear income that allows me to achieve my RV dream.

I wish I could buy an RV in the US and storaged it while I am here in Brazil. First of all I'll rent one to better understand how it works. Indeed I'd like to buy one RV Class C or Class A.

However I have many questions on how I could do this.

- How can I store it?,

- How can I keep it working when it's storaged?,

- Are there some company that can take care of the RV for me?

- It's possible rent my RV while I'm in Brazil?

- How can I contract an Insurance for foreigners?

- Motorhome + toad is it easy and essencial?

My goal is take a lot of trips for 2 or 3 months, on 2 different times on year.

I would love if you could give me some advice and tips on how we (foreigners) can do it.

Could you possibly share some videos or articles about it with me.

Best Regards

Best Regrads

Alex & Lucy

Welcome to the Escapee forums! There are many foreign visitors who do what you have in mind. The best way of doing so is to join the Escapees RV Club and then use the mail service that they provide to register and insure the RV which you purchase. There are stories from two visitors who have done this on our website if you wish to read what they did.

cross posted in beginners forum

The admin has locked that one. :)

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

WE know of several folks from Europe that come over to the US, travel and then store their RV in the southern US. They look for a covered storage.

So come on up and enjoy life.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

Welcome to the Escapee forums! There are many foreign visitors who do what you have in mind. The best way of doing so is to join the Escapees RV Club and then use the mail service that they provide to register and insure the RV which you purchase. There are stories from two visitors who have done this on our website if you wish to read what they did.

The admin has locked that one. :)

Hi Kirk!
Thank you very much for your help, I appreciate about the stories weblink. They are amazing it's helped me a lot.
Sorry about my mistake posted two times, I'm learning how to do it. Really sorry for all.

Best Regrads

Alex & Lucy

WE know of several folks from Europe that come over to the US, travel and then store their RV in the southern US. They look for a covered storage.

So come on up and enjoy life.

Ken

Hi, Ken

Thank you very much to help us!

I wonder if the store the RV for long periods without running the engine that it causes problems in mechanics?
The impression I have is that when hiring a storage RV is simply closed for every month until I return it to use it. but the engine and other parts of the RV may be disconnected for long periods?
Tks

Best Regrads

Alex & Lucy

We had to pay about $75/month to store our RV... I wouldn't expect anything less than $50/month in any major metropolitan area. Something to keep in mind after you give in and purchase your rig.

YoungFulltimers.com is dedicated to informing non-retired RVers who live on the road. This news-focused online publication should appeal to fulltimers of all ages.

We always stored our motorhome and car without any mechanical issues. We have left them for up to 9 months without anyone even looking at them. Provided you take a few simply precautions everything should be ok. Where you store will make a big difference. If you get a lot of hard freezes then extra steps need to be taken. Will it be under cover or in the open. On gravel or hard surface. All variables in the 'how and what' departments.

Good luck finding any storage around the $50.00 a month! Around Dallas Fort Worth storage can be a real issue. Regardless of price.

regards

Hi Alex

We put our motorhome in an outdoor storage facility in the San Diego area every year for six months when we go home to England (It's not the cheapest area but we have many friends there so it's our base at the start and end of our US travels).

There's a number of things we do just before storing it, including:

- change the engine oil and filter

- fill up the fuel tank and add a fuel stabiliser

- make sure the tires are fully inflated

- empty the water / waste tanks

- empty the refrigerator and cupboards of all food items (canned goods and sealed bottles are OK to leave)

- disconnect the batteries

- leave the roof vents slightly open (to allow some air circulation)

In six years we've not had a problem when we come back and take it out again and the engine has always started up first time.

Unless you have a small motorhome, a toad is essential. We didn't buy our jeep until the second month of our first trip and had to go grocery shopping in the motorhome - and it was impossible to use a McDonalds drive-thru !!!

Hope that helps.

Tim

Tim & Eileen

1999 Holiday Rambler Endeavor DP 37CDS

1994 Jeep Wrangler S / YJ

Life's too short so what are we waiting for.

Sorry about my mistake posted two times, I'm learning how to do it. Really sorry for all.

There is no need to apologize as we all have to learn sometime. You pretty much get the same readers in each forum other than the fact that on occasion someone might omit some of the more specialized forums like the Veterans or the type specific forums. We all learn by doing so come back often.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived