RV Covers?

tyates007

It is getting time for me to put the Mobile Suites away for the season unfortunately. In the past I have had an indoor storage for the trailer. Due to a relocation to Washington state i do not have that option any longer. I have covered RV storage on my property but it is about 15 feet to short for the trailer to be completely under. Long term I plan to extend the covered parking but that is a bigger project than I want to talk about now and another story.

I will wash and wax the rig prior to winter but am wondering about a cover. Are they any good? I have never used one. Being in the Pacific Northwest there will be plenty of rain. I do not want it to mold under the cover and or not breath. Please share any opinions or feedback. I should probably of posted in the general section but am more comfortable asking here as y'all have not lead me astray yet, unless you consider buying 2 HDT in the past 3 years astray :) .

We covered our rig in WA last year. It worked ok but you have ensure it's secure. The cover became loose enough to wear a few holes after high winter winter winds. We've retired the cover. Disappointing

Planning Nanook version 2.0

Nanook "When we made ready to depart, after a few days, Nanook was beside himself with joy. Hudson Stuck

Tyates007,

Yes a cover is a must here in the NW! Last year was the first and only time I didn't cover mine and it sure took a beating weather wise. I don't care if I have to buy one every year, I will always keep ours covered. Last year was a mild winter too boot! I have heard this year will be one of the worst in 15 to 20 years, so cover it I will!

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

I don't like covers due to the issues with moisture under them and ones that don't fit tight enough to keep from whipping in the wind wearing the RV's finish.

Go over your roof and make sure your seams are well sealed and you should be fine without a cover. If you want some ventilation putting a cover over one of the vents and leaving it cracked is a decent solution.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Tyates007,

Yes a cover is a must here in the NW! Last year was the first and only time I didn't cover mine and it sure took a beating weather wise. I don't care if I have to buy one every year, I will always keep ours covered. Last year was a mild winter too boot! I have heard this year will be one of the worst in 15 to 20 years, so cover it I will!

Curt

Curt, which cover did you use?

Tyates007;

I have an Amco I believe for it now. Funny thing up here I buy mine on Craigslist as it seems I can always find a new or fairly new one for $100 and under! One thing my buddy found out about leaving his trailer in a storage yard with no activity, vermin problems!

Curt

2001 Freightliner Century, 500hp Series 60, Gen 2 autoshift, 3.42 singled rear locker.

2004 Keystone Sprinter 299RLS (TT)

2 & 4 Wheelers!

2013 Polaris Ranger 800 midsize LE

Our motto "4 wheels move the body, 2 wheels move the soul!"

Tyates007;

I have an Amco I believe for it now. Funny thing up here I buy mine on Craigslist as it seems I can always find a new or fairly new one for $100 and under! One thing my buddy found out about leaving his trailer in a storage yard with no activity, vermin problems!

Curt

Really?? Mine has been stored in both Canada and the US for months at a time and yet to have vermin issues.

Which storage yard and when??

I should add from early September 'till that Xmas no black streaks or green slime due to rain and no dust as I recall. And that area gets plenty of rain that time of year. Unless I'm mistaken, they would look in on my unit if asked.

I didn't have the electric damp chasers we use on boats but had the moisture absorbing chemical canisters. Something like Damp Rid. I'd have uses a battery minder and some electric damp chasers but didn't know they provided electricity when the rig was dropped off.

Let me know how you make out.

R

Archived