Arizona mail forwarding

tinstartrvlr

Greetings all,

Is anyone familiar with or even heard of BCM Mail and Ship in Quartzsite?

http://bcmmailandship.com/

Their website says they have been in business since 1997, but I have not seen anything mentioned about them on any RV forum. I am considering using their services but would like to know if they are reputable before I do.

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

I've never heard of them and I might be a little leary. A cursory search only turned up excerpts submitted by BCM themselves.. not a single user comment, review, or mention of any kind. The domain was only registered in 2009.. but maybe they didn't have a web presence prior to that. The parent company (Klohoker technologies) has been around since 1999, but the location looks kind of like a swapmeet/rundown rv park.

I find it difficult to believe a reputable mail forwarder in Quarzsite (a bit of an RV'r mecca).. in business as long as they claim, wouldn't have a single user score/comment/reference/review of some kind. Their website seems quite "primitive.

If you decide to try them be sure to post your experience.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Stanley, Yarome, thanks for the input.

Kind of my feelings as well. So think I will pass.

As far as wanting to use them, I was considering Az as a residence state (according the state website, only income earned in Az is subject to a state tax if I read it correctly, which doesn't affect me, so in essence they are a no tax state for my situation). But there are no mail services that I could find other than the one.

Currently a Fl home residence, but will eventually change it to a western state.

Guess it will have to be Texas or SD.... !

Thanks again.

Ya just can't RV without a hitch.....!

I do due diligence on the income tax in AZ. Hopefully someone who been there Rone that will chime in

As for TX. Make sure you aren't affected by the new health insurance issues if you are not eligible for Medicare. Theres an entire thread here on tnbe up coming changes

Ron & Linda

Class of 2007
2000 Monaco Diplomat

2005 Honda Element

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are" Theodore Roosevelt

"We can't control the wind, but we can adjust our sail"

"When man gave up his freedom to roam the earth, he gave up his soul for a conditioned ego that is bound by time and the fear of losing its attachments."

Stanley, Yarome, thanks for the input.

Kind of my feelings as well. So think I will pass.

As far as wanting to use them, I was considering Az as a residence state (according the state website, only income earned in Az is subject to a state tax if I read it correctly, which doesn't affect me, so in essence they are a no tax state for my situation). But there are no mail services that I could find other than the one.

Currently a Fl home residence, but will eventually change it to a western state.

Guess it will have to be Texas or SD.... !

Thanks again.

You might want to check that again. https://www.azdor.gov/About/FAQs/Individual.aspx

Barb

Barb & Dave O'Keeffe
2002 Alpine 36 MDDS (Figment II), 2018 Ford C-Max HYBRID
Blog: http://www.barbanddave.net
SPK# 90761 FMCA #F337834

We were fulltime with an Arizona mail service and found our retirement and investment income was costing us a pretty penny in AZ taxes even though we were outside the state almost all year. Moving to a no income tax state saved us a fair amount on that tax as did picking one with lower RV licence fees, the truck plate alone was over $1500 less! Then there was the sales tax on a new rig, huge savings, 7% less, by moving before buying.

You may be looking at the Arizona part-year tax forms, they look great until you realize the only time you can use them is the year you move to Arizona and the year you move elsewhere.

I've never heard of them, either. I did have to laugh at their reasons listed for "Why Choose Quartzsite AZ?"

Low license plate/tag fees? I don't think so! Arizona license fees are quite expensive, particularly for newer vehicles. Low auto insurance rates? Guess that depends on where you're coming from, but when we moved from Illinois to Arizona after retiring, our auto insurance rates nearly tripled!

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 7 months later...
The address listed for BMC is just a very small RV Park. I've never heard of the business. I could not find a business license registered with the Town of Quartzsite for BCM. The business is also not listed with either Quartzsite chamber... Hmm...

However, I found another discussion on the company: http://www.rvnetwork.com/index.php?showtopic=120194

AZ taxes (income, sales) and fees (plates) are high! Some emissions tests are awful too, depending on your vehicle and location.

• 1 year later...

I use BCM Mail in Quartsite and I think they're pretty good. Its all online, so you can see your mail envelope, and get the contents scanned if needed (costs on their website). I'm sure they're small but so what - if I have a question I send it to them via my login and always get a reply within a day. I don't know about tax compared to other states but I do know there's NO smog checks or vehicle inspections if you use their Quartzsite residential address. I'm an Australian (driving on an International licence) and bought my latest RV through a dealer (for the first time) - Nelson RV in Tucson and its been the easiest RV purchase I've had in the US in the past 10 years and had no issues with the registration or insurance. I ended up using National General as they were cheaper than Good Sam for the higher levels of cover. Hope that information is of some help. Lastly, the dealer used a 3rd party registration service in Tucson which I think cost them around $100 so I got my plates on the spot rather than waiting for 2 weeks. When renewal comes around in a year I'll do that online as and get BCM to send me the tags to whatever state I store the RV in.

Edited by Glajones

• 3 weeks later...

I realize this-is an old posting, but should any one else have this same question, I wish to respond.  I used the Quartsite mail forwarding and went to Arizona in order to finalize every thing and also to get a drivers license in Arizona. I spent wuite a bit of time. Long story short, although my mail forwarding has not yet expired, i changed every thing to SD.  "yourbestaddress.com took care of every thing and I never had to go to SD even to have my vehicle registered.  Insurance was less, by a lot from Arizona. The quartsite address was difficult to get on my Drivers license due to the poor  instructions given by the forwarding company.  I would highly recommend yourbestadress for mail forwarding.  Insurance is cheaper in SD. Vehicle registration requires a one time tax, based on the value. after that the next year you only pay the registration fee.   No annual inspections. No property tax.  AND they accept my Arizona DL (unless I want to vote) until I can get it changed or it expires.   The people at yourbestaddress were very caring. How ever, I highly recommend you keep a log book with copies of every thing you send, how you sent it, when and if you were told it had been received and by whom.  While they do keep the records, it seems they are not organized with the massive amounts they have to keep track of.  It may sound worse than it is, but I think if I had been more organized myself, things would have gone quicker.  I had No other negatives to say, and again highly recommend them.  I do not recommend , either the state of Arizona for RV'ers, or BCM Mail. If you need any more help please contact me.  I don't want others to go thru what i did. http://yourbestaddress.com/

• 3 months later...
On 12/17/2017 at 6:55 PM, xraydid said:

I realize this-is an old posting, but should any one else have this same question, I wish to respond.  I used the Quartsite mail forwarding and went to Arizona in order to finalize every thing and also to get a drivers license in Arizona. I spent wuite a bit of time. Long story short, although my mail forwarding has not yet expired, i changed every thing to SD.  "yourbestaddress.com took care of every thing and I never had to go to SD even to have my vehicle registered.  Insurance was less, by a lot from Arizona. The quartsite address was difficult to get on my Drivers license due to the poor  instructions given by the forwarding company.  I would highly recommend yourbestadress for mail forwarding.  Insurance is cheaper in SD. Vehicle registration requires a one time tax, based on the value. after that the next year you only pay the registration fee.   No annual inspections. No property tax.  AND they accept my Arizona DL (unless I want to vote) until I can get it changed or it expires.   The people at yourbestaddress were very caring. How ever, I highly recommend you keep a log book with copies of every thing you send, how you sent it, when and if you were told it had been received and by whom.  While they do keep the records, it seems they are not organized with the massive amounts they have to keep track of.  It may sound worse than it is, but I think if I had been more organized myself, things would have gone quicker.  I had No other negatives to say, and again highly recommend them.  I do not recommend , either the state of Arizona for RV'ers, or BCM Mail. If you need any more help please contact me.  I don't want others to go thru what i did. http://yourbestaddress.com/

Hey, I was curious - what were the instructions like for getting the address on your driver's license? I'm curious about using BCM for this purpose so I want to know if it's possible or not.

Also, you were able to keep your AZ driver's license and register your vehicle in SD? I thought there would be a penalty for that becaue I've never heard of having your car registered in a state difference than your driver's license.

Thank you for your feedback. Trying to explore all my options.

11 hours ago, benzavant said:

Also, you were able to keep your AZ driver's license and register your vehicle in SD? I thought there would be a penalty for that becaue I've never heard of having your car registered in a state difference than your driver's license.

First, welcome to the Escapee forums. We will help as much as we are able.

While there really is no legal issue with owning a licensed vehicle in a different state than your driving license, each state has it's own laws about who may register vehicles and hold driver's licenses and they also have laws about who must do so. If you plan to use a mail service as your legal address, doing these in separate states could bring legal problems about your domicile as well. There are cases where it is not only legal but even required that someone have 2 vehicles registered in different states. State governments require that any vehicles which are "garaged" in the state, or kept there when not in use, must be registered in the state. It is done mostly for tax reasons but this means that if you have two homes with a car kept at each one, then each of those cars should be registered in the state where it stays. In no case will a vehicle having been legally registered in one state protect you from enforcement of the laws of another state when said vehicle is in the second state. If you are contemplating going full-time, and are choosing where to claim as your domicile and to register and license, I suggest that you read this article from Escapees magazine as it may help. You should also be aware that many states have become very aggressive in the enforcement of vehicle registration laws because of residents registering their vehicles in another state to avoid home state taxes. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

2 hours ago, Kirk Wood said:

There are cases where it is not only legal but even required that someone have 2 vehicles registered in different states.

Right.  When we were still fulltimers, we kept our fifth wheel on a lot in Arizona year around for a couple of years while we traveled in a truck camper.  Because the fifth wheel remained in Arizona, we licensed it in Arizona.  Our truck and camper were licensed in South Dakota, our state of domicile.

LindaH
2014 Winnebago Aspect 27K
2011 Kia Soul

• 1 year later...

Thanks for the discussion! I too am considering BCM Mail. I used to live in AZ, still own a rental property in AZ, as well as spend about a month every other year in AZ. So for tax reasons I'm still an AZ resident anyway. Most of the year I am a world traveler, currently in South America with my AZ registered camper. So insurance rates don't matter as I pay my insurance down here. As long as my address is outside of Tucson and Mesa, I can register my vehicle 5 years at a time online, very convenient.

I will post my experience, but am also curious to hear any other experiences beforehand. Thanks!

John & Wyld Eagle

• 3 years later...
On 4/12/2018 at 8:39 PM, benzavant said:

Hey, I was curious - what were the instructions like for getting the address on your driver's license? I'm curious about using BCM for this purpose so I want to know if it's possible or not.

Thank you for your feedback. Trying to explore all my options.

I find it hard to believe I have not been back to this forum since 2018. Did I miss the emails that said someone responded?  In any event, to answer the above question, you simply tell the DMV the address for BCM as your domicile, THEN you request the mailing address. They will put the mailing address on your drivers licence. Simple. Not the way BCM explained it.  I followed BCM's instructions to the letter and went to several different DMV's before I found out how simple it was.

By the way, if you search for Arizona mail forwarding, several business show up.  I am still with yourbestaddress.com and have been very well treated.