Coloring for relaxation

I didn't know they had adult coloring books, but our first workamping location, the manager relaxed by coloring in childrens coloring books. That was 4 summers ago, so don't know if adult coloring was the "in" thing then.

Edited by PETE & PAT

Pat DeJong

I had never heard of it but this summer we were on the OR coast and our next door neigbor would color by the hour in adult coloring books and loved it. She said it relaxed her like nothing else.

2007 Arctic Fox 32.5 rls for full-timing, now sold.

2014 Sunnybrook Sunset Creek 267rl for the local campgrounds now that we are off the road
2007 Silverado 2500 diesel

Loving Green Valley, AZ (just South of Tucson)

When I was in college (in the 1990's), coloring was a common way for students to de-stress.

I would imagine that de-stressing technique has carried over into their adulthoods, and it is now a common relaxation technique.

Stephen & Karen and our six boys, ages 21, 21, 19, 17, 14, & 11
Stephen - Military retiree (as of summer 2012) & current DOI employee (Big Bend National Park)
Karen - Homeschooling stay-at-home mom & veteran
San Antonio, Texas

Fulltimed May 2013 - July 2014 (yes, all eight of us!)
Open Range "Rolling Thunder" (H396RGR - fifth wheel toy hauler bunkhouse) - SOLD
Ford F-350 diesel dually - for the camper
Ford E-350 fifteen passenger van - for the crew

Our unfinished travel blog: http://coach-and-six.blogspot.com/

I remember doodle arts when I was a kid in the 70's. These adult coloring books remind me of doodle arts.

My adult sister colored on them to destress after work. It looked like she was calmer afterward.

2014 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 31SA

2016 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk

RV Blog: http://seizethedayrvadventure.com/

When we retired and became fulltimers 12 yrs ago, I told my daughter I was going to get a coloring book and color for a hobby. I found that the national parks sold a coloring book with pictures of different parks and when we visited one of them, I'd color that page. Now days, there are the adult coloring books and also coloring apps for tablets. I'm currently playing with a free coloring app on my iPad called Colorfy.

Txbeaker

Read in a local newspaper recently about a project for collecting crayons and materials for a nursing home for adult coloring books. Must be a NEW/OLD way to relax.

Safe Travels!

SKP #89742 - Lifetime membership - Member of the SKP Class of 2007
Good Sam Club - Lifetime Member
DataStorm #5423
Passport America - Lifetime Member
Sons Of The American Revolution (SAR) - Lifetime Member
American Legion - USAF - Lifetime Member
Rotary Club Member - 30 years

Escapee CARE Supporter

National Wildlife Refuge Volunteer

Wife was just gifted with a "Color for Calm" book. Very nice graphics and usually not that challenging. She does the coloring thing when her kindle is charging. Must relax her 'cause the honey do list remains a lot shorter than it used to be which increases my relaxation substantially.

Berkshire XL 40QL

Camphosting and touring

My wife has done Zentangle for years for relaxation and often colors in the spaces. Just another form where you create your own outlines.

Jim & Vickie
'07 F150
'10 Chalet XL1935
Chimacum, Wa

Evergreen Coho SKP Park Website:

http://www.evergreencohoskprvpark.com/

Evergreen Coho SKP on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Evergreen-Coho-SKP-RV-Park/563601217103332

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

In Evergreen SKP park, they have a monthly Adult coloring session. Personally, I am too type A and it increases my stress trying to stay in the lines, use exactly the right colors and shading.....

RVBuddys Journal Our progress into full-timing.
Budd & Merrily ===-> SKP# 088936 Other Websites:---> Hub of all my blogs
Clifford - 2000 VNL64T770 :: DakotR - 1999 C40KS King of the Road :: $PRITE - 2013 Smart Passion w/cruise

• 4 years later...
  • Kirk W locked this topic