Body roll

gwb76109

You need larger anti-roll bars with urethane bushings. Some people call them sway bars.

Ken

Amateur radio operator, 2023 Cougar 22MLS, 2022 F150 Lariat 4x4 Off Road, Sport trim <br />Travel with 1 miniature schnauzer, 1 standard schnauzer and one African Gray parrot

First of all, welcome to the Escapee forums! We are glad that you are becoming a part of our community and we will do all that are are able to help and support you.

On the roll issue, the make of the chassis is a factor as is the weight of the RV and how that weight compares to the weight ratings of the chassis. The first thing that I suggest is that you load the RV as you would for travel and then take it, with everyone on board, to a public scale and get at the minimum each axle weight. If it is on the Workhorse chassis it has front air bags and too little air pressure in them could play a part. In either chassis the rear springs could be starting to sag as is almost universal in gas chassis motorhomes because they tend to be very heavy and close to the GVWR for the chassis. Suspensions are not designed to operate at the maximum weight all of the time, or even as close to that as most gas motorhomes do so some rear sag over time is really quite normal. If that should be the case there are two ways to deal with rear springs, you can have then re-curved and/or a leaf added to them or you can add rear air bags, which is what I did with ours. In mine the sag became noticeable after about 7 years an at 8 years I had air bags installed and that solved a lot of handling problems.

No matter what you do, the first step is to get an accurate weight for the RV as it is now when you travel. Side to side weight is also a good thing if you can get it as the two sides too far out of balance will also have a major negative impact on handling. If you can find a truck scale that has no barriers along it's sides, you weigh first with both sides on the scale to get total weights, then a second time with only one side on the scale pads to get that one side. By subtracting the second axle weights from the first set you can determine the weight on each wheel.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Low tire pressure also affects body roll. Run what the RV mfgr. recommends and note any difference.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

• 3 weeks later...

Back on April 16, you made a post with this same question and you received 5 responses. Might I suggest that you look them over and then if you still have questions, return with another post. April 16 post

Thanks! :D

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Archived