Extended Warranty-looking at Wholesale Warranties.com

how

Looking at warranty from this company for 2006 Monaco Dynasty approx. 70k miles---coverage terms are 4 yr /50k miles, 200$ per shop visit, 7.8k cash/credit card price, 8.6k $ w 12mo financing..

First posting so not sure doing this right. any comments appreciated--thanks

Welcome to the Escapee forums! We are happy to have you join in and will do our best to be helpful.

I suggest that you may find this article which I wrote for Escapees magazine to be of some help.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We have found Wholesale Warranties a very reputable company that in our experience sells good products.

I can't comment on your quote as far as whether that's a good price on a used coach etc. Just commenting on our experience using the company.

2014 F350 Dually Lariat 4x4
2013 Excel LTD 36RKM
Sir Reginald the cat who lets Big Mike and Jean travel with him

We have used the Good Sam Extended warranty and have good experience with them. We have the Gold plan that covers almost everything. We have only had a couple of claims but they approved the repairs and paid promptly.

Full time since August 2010

2002 Itasca Horizon

One fur kid - a Shih-Tsu rescue

Jeep Grand Cherokee Ltd

Wholesale Warranties has a good reputation. Stay away from Good Sam. Expensive and they try real hard to find a way to not cover your loss.

That's typical of any extended warranty company. They will not pay if they don't have to. They will use any pretext they can to avoid it. Not only do you need to be careful what you say to the adjuster, you need to make sure the repair shop is careful not to say the wrong thing. We are on our second warranty with Wholesale Warranties. We are happy customers.

Michael

2017 Allegro Bus 45OPP
Cummins ISL 450

Visit us at schwarz.org!

Most extended warranties pay as their contracts state that they will but you must be astute enough to read the contract and make sure that you understand it before you sign. It has been my observation that those you buy based only upon the lowest price are seldom satisfied and those who shop well and pay enough to get one of the better rated contracts are seldom unsatisfied, as long as they understand the contract and follow the required process. We bought a 7 year extended warranty for our motorhome when we went fulltime and had excellent service from it and then we bought another for an additional 3 years following that. In both cases they paid exactly as the contract specified. The first one did not save us money as we had only fairly minor repairs in those first years. The second contract paid for both a refrigerator & a water heater without any problems at all and at the end of the period we had actually saved a small amount. Since I went into this understanding how insurance works I am satisfied that I got everything that I paid for.

Most extended warranties pay as their contracts state that they will but you must be astute enough to read the contract and make sure that you understand it before you sign. It has been my observation that those you buy based only upon the lowest price are seldom satisfied and those who shop well and pay enough to get one of the better rated contracts are seldom unsatisfied, as long as they understand the contract and follow the required process. We bought a 7 year extended warranty for our motorhome when we went fulltime and had excellent service from it and then we bought another for an additional 3 years following that. In both cases they paid exactly as the contract specified. The first one did not save us money as we had only fairly minor repairs in those first years. The second contract paid for both a refrigerator & a water heater without any problems at all and at the end of the period we had actually saved a small amount. Since I went into this understanding how insurance works I am satisfied that I got everything that I paid for.

Kirk, that is exactly right. Not all Extended Warranties are created equal.

Be sure to read all the detail before you buy one and understand exactly what it will and will not cover.

Linda & Robin
Buddee (Cavalier)
2009 Fleetwood Fiesta 29'
2008 Vue (toad)
My blog

AGWS has a gold plan full coverage 48 month 50000 miles 100 deductable per visit unlimited towing for 5153.00 ck with jimmy at acres rv 936-328-8766

We have worked with this company for a few years now and have found them very easy to deal with especially when filing claims. Quick and easy to take care of customer.

Let us know if we can help.

Thanks

Take a look at X-Tra Ride and talk to several dealers about who pays them best and approves repairs with the least hassle. Most of them mentioned X-Tra first to us when we were researching a warranty, and they were not the ones selling it to us. We have not regretted the decision to go with them. I think it was about $4000 for bumper-to-bumper with $100 deductible on a 2005 Windsor. Great folks.

(By the way, nice MH you have there!)

Best of luck and enjoy the ride! Oh, and welcome the the SKP's forum....hope to see you on the road!

Bob & Molly

Bob and Molly

www.moonriverandwe.blogspot.com
Two drifters...off to see the world....
SKP #73997

talk to several dealers about who pays them best and approves repairs with the least hassle.

This is an important step. There are contracts out there which some shops will not accept because of bad past experiences. Most of the better ones actually supply a credit card number with repair approvals so that the shop gets paid immediately. The more difficult ones have a series of procedures they require the shop to go through making claims difficult.

As an interesting side note, in my study of these contracts, which I did both times that I wrote about them for Escapees magazine, I found that the most expensive such contracts almost universally have a high percentage of satisfied customers while those at the lowest price side seem to rarely have any satisfied customers. I would not say that you necessarily need to buy the highest priced contract, but I would not waste my time in checking out the ones at the bottom of the price range.

• 2 months later...

Kirk thanks for the informative article. We did buy a contract for our new used DP MH. Good Sam has done a good job of instilling paranoia in their service contract mailings. It is hard to put a price on peace of mind.. Our MH only has 10k miles but is 7 years old so hard to tell what lack of use and age will bring.

The catch 22 for all these contracts is they have to be notified first and they will provide the servicer. I erred and bought a Coach Net towing Road Service policy and then duplicated it when I signed the papers for the coach. I also have towing with my insurance provider. All need to be notified first or they will not pay or that is what I am reading. They should split a large tow bill just as health insurance companies do. Probably better to be over insured than under and hopefully we will never have to use any of the 3 overlapping road service contracts.

The catch 22 for all these contracts is they have to be notified first and they will provide the servicer. I erred and bought a Coach Net towing Road Service policy and then duplicated it when I signed the papers for the coach. I also have towing with my insurance provider. All need to be notified first or they will not pay or that is what I am reading.

We have only had our motorhome towed one time in all of the time that we paid for road service, but that one time probably would have cost more than all of the years of premiums we had paid. The service came from Coachnet and it was impressive. We were parked in a COE campground with the lake rising and our motorhome failed to start. The truck came from about 60 miles away and arrived in under 2 hours. The driver was in clean clothing, his tools were neatly stored, and he knew exactly what to do. He winched us out of our campsite, lifted the RV and had the drive line disconnected in minutes, and was on the road with it in less than 1/2 hour. He delivered our motorhome to a dealer shop that was just over 50 miles away, putting the drive line back properly. That left him more than 70 miles from his home-base so in all he was involve with us from about 1pm until about 7 pm and all that I did was sign the ticket.

I had been paying them for more than 10 years at that point and had only used them for very minor issues previously but I'll continue to pay that annual premium for as long as I own an RV, because of the peace of mind it gives. :D

Wholesale warranties is a broker, Good Sam is a broker, they are not the actual company(guarantor?) that backs the contract. Both firms have staunch supporters and both have unhappy former clients. IMO most unhappy clients are due to not knowing and understanding contract terms and limitations, then following them to the letter.

Do your own due dillegence before signing anything, like posting this thread. Reports to the BBB are voluntary and some companies do not wish to pay BBB to belong to them, so I question some of the information found on the BBB website.

As I have previously posted on this and other RVing forums; we bought a Good Sam extended service contract at the time we bought our MH. The contract is for 3 years, and cost $4,800 including gaskets and seals rider. To date it has paid right at $4,000 for repairs or replacements to our coach, and there's still 14 months remaining on the contract. All those covered expenses were to the "house" portion of the MH, no claims have been submitted for the chassis portion.

To date, no submitted claims have been denied, because both we, and the Camping World that does all our work, know what is covered and what is not, and the proper submission requirements.

2000 Winnebago Ultimate Freedom USQ40JD, ISC 8.3 Cummins 350, Spartan MM Chassis. USA IN 1SG retired;Good Sam Life member,FMCA ." And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you--ask what you can do for your country.  John F. Kennedy 20 Jan 1961

Archived