Classes of 2008 and 2009

I noticed on Al's blog The Bayfield Bunch that Judy "the bird lady" of Travels with Emma (her dog) passed away.  He posted some pics on his blog (http://thebayfieldbunch.com/) of the first Blogger Fest in Q and several members of the class are in the photos.  Judy was a bird expert and a wonderful lady.  Marsha plays Words with Friends on line with a group and Judy was a player.  She never expressed that she was ill so I'm assuming it was an unexpected passing.  Judy will be missed!

Edited by weaverworks

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

56 minutes ago, weaverworks said:

Judy will be missed!

Is that the Judy who went by SchoolMarm on these forums? She was a retired school pirnciple and traveled alone. If the same lady she spent a lot of time with the USFWS.

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

So sad.

So, Terry and I met up with Joe and Sharon yesterday.  What fun!  I love meeting up with the ol' gang (not OLD gang).  We sat and chatted for hours at the Chimacum Cafe which is just down the road from the Dwyer's summer place.

Love Port Townsend and especially when the weather is gorgeous like it has been.  Timing is everything.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Yesterday was fun.  When Jeri says we talked for hours, she means it.  When we got there the restaurant was have a Lunch Special, they were changing over to their Dinner Special when we left.🍸  And we talked about EVERYBODY.  LOL

Weather was great and the ferry ride both ways was good.  All in all a great day spent with friends.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

• 4 weeks later...
On ‎8‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:42 AM, Wanderin said:

It's been a little over ten years since a bunch of RVers actually met in the Quartzsite desert.  Remember that time?   Then, we met again and again and again.  Between our gatherings who knew where any of us would be?  We were here and there and just about everywhere.  No one knew if they'd run into another until Dave Sand stepped up and created a map for us.  We all had our passwords and were so good at pinpointing our location just in case another one in the group got close.  None of us wanted to miss getting together for a lunch or dinner with a new found RV friend.  What fun we had and what great times!  Thank you Dave for that wonderful map you created that kept us all close.

Dave created that map and then I embedded it in an easy to remember (I hoped) domain name.  It was RVClass2008.com.  Well, this has been in use for those ten years but it's about to come down.  Folks are slowing down (obviously) and the use of the map has dwindled. Thus, I've decided not to renew the website for another year ....  Not sure when it'll disappear off that site but since I removed my credit card, it'll be soon.

Hopefully, you'll continue to travel and with Facebook around, we can all keep up a little there if not here!

'Tis life on the road.

Yes we loved our time on the road but as everyone has said, soon everything has an end. We still travel but its short trips here and there. Remember anyone coming east...we are in the Richmond Virginia area!!!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

• 3 months later...

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Virginia.  We are still doing well, working part time to keep us busy and help to pay for our cruises!!  No cruise coming this summer though, we are go to take a driving tour to Cooperstown and Saratoga, New York and then over to Springfield and Boston Mass. 

Best wishes to all

Linda and Ed

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

5 hours ago, Lavinmh said:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year from Virginia.  We are still doing well, working part time to keep us busy and help to pay for our cruises!!  No cruise coming this summer though, we are go to take a driving tour to Cooperstown and Saratoga, New York and then over to Springfield and Boston Mass. 

Best wishes to all

Linda and Ed

Good to hear you are still traveling in one form or another. Best to both of you.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

8 hours ago, Lavinmh said:

Best wishes to all

Linda and Ed

Merry Christmas from the Dixons. We are enjoying our desert Christmas with NO snow.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We haven't had wifi for several days and I thought I had replied with my phone but I guess not. It was great to catch up with Jim and Sandie again. Last Monday we had lunch with Jeri and Terry on our way to Mesa. Everyone is looking pretty good and in good spirits. We have been in Q since Thursday and went to the Big Tent yesterday when it opened. Yes it was crowded. LOL!!!

Tom and Dianne are here in Q and Roger and Lynne will be here tomorrow after a Packer win today.

Travel safe everyone

Jeff and Tina   😊😊

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

• 4 weeks later...
On 8/6/2013 at 8:21 PM, GlennWest said:

We just dropped in on Rainbows End. Be here a few weeks between jobs.

Find it hard to belive been this long since i posted on this topic. Well, we are in Port Arthur just now. Between jobs again. Considering going to Old Magolina in Cleveland Tx for a while to be with my daughter and grand children.

2003 Teton Grand Freedom towed with 2006 Freightliner Century 120 across the beautiful USA welding pipe.https://photos.app.goo.gl/O32ZjgzSzgK7LAyt1

• 3 months later...

I guess I'll bring this one up too.  It's been a might long time but we're still kicking around someplace.  I just posted on the other forum.  It too had worked it's way down.  

Hope everyone is safe and well.  This has definitely been a year we'll remember!

(Linda and Dave --  How you doing in Minneapolis?)

(Steve and Carol - You still heading to Chimacum?)

Edited by Wanderin
to edit

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

17 minutes ago, Wanderin said:

(Linda and Dave --  How you doing in Minneapolis?)

We are doing well. We just watched a magic show today in our parking lot from our balcony. Not a bad place to be while social distancing. :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 months later...

Where is everyone and how are you doing?  Janice and I are in Crossville, Tn at our summer place but will be heading to our winter place in Yuma, AZ in a week or so. Slow trip but expect to be back in AZ early in October.

Be safe,

Jerry

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

9 hours ago, rmcf308 said:

Janice and I are in Crossville, Tn at our summer place

We have friends who were fulltimers that bought a house in Crossville and went back to part-time about a year ago. We visited them last fall and it is a beautiful area!

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

We just spent two months at Canyon Ferry, MT and have a freezer full of walleye. We are now in Billings, MT and staying put until after Labor Day. Then we start the trek back to AZ. Should be back there by the middle of September.  Hope everyone is having as much fun as we can at this time.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

10 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

We just spent two months at Canyon Ferry, MT and have a freezer full of walleye. We are now in Billings, MT and staying put until after Labor Day.

Could you do me a big favor please?  Would you check on the condition of John, Beth, and Casey?  I haven't been able to find out a thing since I saw them go down and I am unable to travel to Montana at the present time.  Thanks.