Classes of 2008 and 2009

14 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

I didn't know how to get the Lavins picture on here so Linda and Dave helped me out.

We had breakfast with them this morning and had such a fun visit.  They are doing really good and are happy to be off the road. They just got back from an Alaskan Cruise and have already booked their next cruise to the Caribbean. Living the good life. Thanks for meeting up with us.

Thanks, we had fun too. So who's coming to Virginia next??

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

On 10/1/2018 at 4:16 PM, weaverworks said:

They don’t look like they have aged a year.

I noticed that! They don't look like they have aged a day. The life they are now living obviously agrees with them.

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

On ‎10‎/‎1‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, weaverworks said:

They don’t look like they have aged a year. Thanks for sharing. 

Thanks guys. Just read your blog, tried to comment but wouldn't let me. Glad you are doing good. Grandchildren are a joy and I see a lot of babysitting in your future. We still like to travel and are planning a couple of days on the Blue Ridge Parkway next week and a trip to Boston next summer. And we have fallen in love with cruising so we are going next year to the Caribbean with daughter and family. Never know, we may show up in Ohio.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

That’s one thing we have a never done is going on the cruise. Everyone says we should just take a short trip maybe a three day. We’ve talked about it and maybe we go out since we are going to travel so much. 

Glad you are doing so well. If you ever get in the area please give us a shout out. We have a next your bedroom.

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

30 minutes ago, weaverworks said:

That’s one thing we have a never done is going on the cruise.

We enjoyed cruising. We went on a weekend cruise out of Miami on a Disney ship when Siskel & Ebert sponsored a movie cruise. We did that annually for several years. Then we discovered river cruising in Europe and enjoyed a couple of those as well. We never did a week long Caribbean cruise which is what most people from the USA think of when discussing cruises although we did do a week long cruise around the Hawaiian islands. I would like to have cruised the Mississippi on a riverboat but we never got around to that one since it starts in St Paul so we could easily do it anytime, right? :)

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

16 hours ago, sandsys said:

We enjoyed cruising. We went on a weekend cruise out of Miami on a Disney ship when Siskel & Ebert sponsored a movie cruise. We did that annually for several years. Then we discovered river cruising in Europe and enjoyed a couple of those as well. We never did a week long Caribbean cruise which is what most people from the USA think of when discussing cruises although we did do a week long cruise around the Hawaiian islands. I would like to have cruised the Mississippi on a riverboat but we never got around to that one since it starts in St Paul so we could easily do it anytime, right? :)

Linda

We would love to do a Mississippi River Cruise. Its very expensive though. Travel agent said that the prices may be dropping so we keep watching the prices.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

Years ago there was a company that did Mississippi river cruises in a more unique way.  They loaded yours and others RV's onto several barges and you went up or down the river.  Had meals, entertainment, etc but your own bed at night.  Day stops/excursions along the way.

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

Sorry folks for all the errors in my last post. I had cataract surgery, and I think my sight was still very blurry! Since the stroke, I do have an Italian accent, but I didn't know I was writing like I just got off the boat. Please forgive an old Italian woman. :) Marsha

Marsha Weaver

Full-Timing with our cat Bella

2005 Tiffin Phaeton: 2005 Jeep Liberty toad

SKP# 102686

3 hours ago, schoolmarm said:

Sorry folks for all the errors in my last post. I had cataract surgery, and I think my sight was still very blurry! Since the stroke, I do have an Italian accent, but I didn't know I was writing like I just got off the boat. Please forgive an old Italian woman. :) Marsha

Only if you forgive us our typos and stupid autocorrect words. :) 

Linda

13 hours ago, schoolmarm said:

Haven't lost your sense of humor!  At my last eye doctor appointment, she said I was developing cataracts.  Ed had his surgery a couple of years ago.  He very rarely wears his classes any more. That's what I want!

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

I was a perfect candidate for mono vision. I’ve only wore one contact for the last maybe five or six years. He made my right eye my reading eye,  my left eye for distance. I just had the surgery on Wednesday and I can see everything at a distance perfect. And then I can pick up a book and read with no problem. It’ll be so nice not to have a contact in or glasses on. 

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
SKP# 102686

5 hours ago, Lavinmh said:

Haven't lost your sense of humor!  At my last eye doctor appointment, she said I was developing cataracts.  Ed had his surgery a couple of years ago.  He very rarely wears his classes any more. That's what I want!

I'm also developing cataracts but I'm not looking forward to the surgery. I've worn glasses since my 20s and I think I look better with them than without them. I don't think they do a surgery where they try for less than perfect vision. Of course, I could always get frames with plain glass I suppose. Or just pop the lenses out of my current frames. :)

Linda

1 hour ago, sandsys said:

I don't think they do a surgery where they try for less than perfect vision.

When I had cataract surgery on my left eye, they tried to match the vision in my right eye. which was/is far from perfect.

Everybody wanna hear the truth, but everybody tell a lie.  Everybody wanna go to Heaven, but nobody want to die.  Albert King

I also just had cataract surgery.  Right eye was done long ago and they did it for distance, so when they did the left eye last month I told them to do it for distance also. I do not need glasses to drive, etc now, but I am ordering glasses with progressive lenses so that I don't have to carry readers with me and will continue to wear glasses.  That will help me remember that most of the things I get involved in REQUIRE eye protection.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I paid $2K per eye extra to use multi-focal lens last year when I had cataract surgery. They did extra tests to make sure it was going to be a success and it was.  I can now read and drive comfortably with both eyes.   They used Symfony lenses in my case and the work was done by Pacific Cataract and Laser Institute's office in Silverdale WA.

2004 40' Newmar Dutch Star DP towing an AWD 2020 Ford Escape Hybrid, Fulltimer July 2003 to October 2018, Parttimer now.
Travels through much of 2013 - http://www.sacnoth.com - Bill, Diane and Evita (the cat)

• 1 month later...

I have recently learned about being an introvert. I never understood why being too social made me physically ill until I learned that happens to those of us who are introverts instead of extroverts. My first intensive experience of this was at our Class of '08 graduation ceremony. After a couple of days of meeting so many people and hanging out with them I became ill. Retreating into our RV helped enormously so my physical symptoms reduced dramatically. But, even then I still didn't understand that it was because I needed a lot of alone time to recover from so much social time.

I should have also warned you that Dave is not a good communicator; I did not learn you had moved your circle under my window until I saw someone's photos years later. If I had known then, I would have tried to join you through the window although I'm not sure I could have done even that at that time. 

I am sorry that my need to retreat offended many of you and even more sorry that I myself did not understand what was happening to me then. I have finally learned to be sure to get enough alone time to allow me to socialize occasionally. But, I am still an introvert who prefers to do my socializing in spurts on line. I hope you all forgive me for not knowing myself better back then and for realizing and accepting that I and other introverts need to go hide sometimes. I apologize to those I hurt.

Linda

15 hours ago, sandsys said:

I hope you all forgive me for not knowing myself better back then and for realizing and accepting that I and other introverts need to go hide sometimes. I apologize to those I hurt.

Please allow an outsider who isn't part of any "class" to offer a comment if I may. While Escapees is all about inclusion, part of that is the accepting of people as they are, even if that means allowing them to not be a part of some group. It is rather like the policy on hugging folks when we meet. While greeting each other with a hug is the tradition we should always make allowance for those who are not comfortable with the practice. Privacy and socializing should be no different. The reason the RV community seems to be dominated by extroverts (like myself 😏) is that because we are extroverts we are always visible but we should never forget our introverted friends and we need to remember that they are just as important to the community as we. 

Good travelin !...............Kirk

Full-time 11+ years...... Now seasonal travelers.
Kirk & Pam's Great RV Adventure

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqFswi_bvvojaMvanTWAI

Kirk,

My classmates did their best to accept me; they just didn't understand me. I didn't understand me, either, back then. They did their best to include me not realizing that wasn't what I needed. They are great people and I hope no one faults them for anything. I continued to go to the annual gatherings and some random meet ups but did a better job of preparing myself for those gatherings. The things I learned about myself thanks to them have helped me deal with other social events ever since and I am grateful for that.

For those of you who may not know about extroverts vs introverts here's an analogy RVers will understand: extroverts get their batteries charged by being with people; introverts get their batteries depleted by being with people. Thus, introverts need alone time to recharge their batteries.

My hope is that by sharing this with you all you will better understand when some of us don't participate in everything.

Linda

Linda -  I don't think there is any need to apologize to anyone!  And, I'm not sure who (or if) anyone was offended.  I think we all understand wanting our "own" time as much also having time to socialize a little or a lot.  

We enjoyed both of you.  I think we all need to recharge our batteries every once in a while!!  I sure know I do!

Take care of yourselves!!

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

13 hours ago, Wanderin said:

Linda -  I don't think there is any need to apologize to anyone!  And, I'm not sure who (or if) anyone was offended.  I think we all understand wanting our "own" time as much also having time to socialize a little or a lot.  

We enjoyed both of you.  I think we all need to recharge our batteries every once in a while!!  I sure know I do!

Take care of yourselves!!

I whole heartedly agree with Jeri. I remember meeting you and Dave even before the graduation in Q. We were in Needles and had lunch at Denny's. I also remember the second year we were there with the new members of 2009. Everyone had already moved on and we were the only two rigs left and with a little wood left we had one last campfire. These are the memories I cherish.

The other Linda

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com