Classes of 2008 and 2009

1 hour ago, Sandie & Jim said:

We made it to Wall, SD - windy and windy and windy. Hopefully no storms coming through. Further east tomorrow.

Did you get your jug filled with ice water at Wall Drug? :)

Linda

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

23 hours ago, sandsys said:

Did you get your jug filled with ice water at Wall Drug? :)

Linda

The weather was so lousy and we've been to Wall Drug so many times, we just hunkered down at the campground. Tonight we're in Mitchell and we're also not going to go see the corn palace. Been here several times. And I'm fighting a cold so staying home.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

5 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

I'm fighting a cold so staying home.

Good plan. I keep at least one can of chicken noodle soup in my cupboard for those days. And I have a really cuddly comforter.

Linda

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys,

Good to see that some of the group is on the move.  LOL  Hope Sandie is over her cold by now though.  That said, sure don't hear much from the group anymore.  Have been thinking about everyone a bit lately and wondering what everyone is up to.  Also wondered if anyone has heard anything of Denise?  Seems she just dropped off, and out, of everything a while back.

Current plans have me in the Yuma area sometime this winter.  Lots of short trip going on for us but mostly up here in the PNW.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

We are hanging around Ohio until after the Christmas Holidays. Chancy I know but our daughter is expecting our first grand child and we want to be here for the BIG EVENT. 

We are reducing the amount of travel we normally do and most likely won’t venture West of Houston this winter. We’ll miss seeing the gang in Arizona. 

Safe travels everyone!

Paul & Marsha Weaver
Bella our cat
2008 Carriage Cameo 35' SB3
2010 Ford F350 DRW
Blog: http://wheresweaver.blogspot.com
SKP# 102686

Hey Joe,

sadly i believe Denise died a couple of years ago. I think I remember hearing that.

we are on the east coast doing genealogy for the summer- almost time to start the long trek to AZ!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Sue is right - Denise died from her brain cancer last year.

I'm feeling much better but I can't get rid of the stupid cough. I think it's all the humidity in the air that I'm not used to. It was 99 percent this morning here in Celina, OH.  And foggy. Went to the Neil Armstrong Air and Space Museum today.

We're still headed east. Won't make the westward trek til November. Jim has a race car to drive in Atlanta the end of October.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

45 minutes ago, Sandie & Jim said:

Sue is right - Denise died from her brain cancer last year.

So sad to hear that, I really liked that lady. 

PS: I'm still around (an original 2008'er) just shifted focus a bit. I still have my motorhome, but its use is part time these days. Still have my summer base camp in the mountains of Colorado. I bought a live aboard sailboat and have spent the last 2 winters sailing around the Bahama islands. Living on a boat is not all that different from RV living, just a different mode of propulsion.

Jim

7 hours ago, soos said:

Hey Joe,

sadly i believe Denise died a couple of years ago. I think I remember hearing that.

we are on the east coast doing genealogy for the summer- almost time to start the long trek to AZ!

Thanks Sue,

Sorry to hear that, always thought she was a neat lady.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Motorcycle races here at the fairgrounds tonight. Definitely loud. Went to a great museum today - the Bicycle Museum of America. It was really fascinating to see all the different bikes. They have over a thousand but only rotate about 300 of them to see at a time.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

We are back from a short, but long trek half way across the country to see our daughter and her family.  Nice seeing the family but we were just so anxious to be back in our new digs that we raced back.  Putting the motor home in dry dock until at least January. 

Anyone heading this way, or close by, come visit before the snow flies.  Apparently we don't get much snow in Summerland. 

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

4 hours ago, palamine said:

Anyone heading this way, or close by, come visit before the snow flies.  Apparently we don't get much snow in Summerland. 

I hope you have a wonderful winter with minimal snow.

Linda

I love quirky little museums and we found a couple today in Logan, OH. The pencil sharpener museum and the washboard museum. The washboard museum was in a factory where they actually make washboards and you get a tour. Lots of fun.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

2 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

I love quirky little museums and we found a couple today in Logan, OH. The pencil sharpener museum and the washboard museum. The washboard museum was in a factory where they actually make washboards and you get a tour. Lots of fun.

Yup, quirky museums tend to be my favorites, too. But, after all these years of living in Minnesota I have still never been to the Spam Museum. What is it about not doing the tourist things close to home? Is it because you can do them anytime so they never get to the top of the list?

Linda

4 hours ago, sandsys said:

Yup, quirky museums tend to be my favorites, too. But, after all these years of living in Minnesota I have still never been to the Spam Museum. What is it about not doing the tourist things close to home? Is it because you can do them anytime so they never get to the top of the list?

Linda

We were the same way. Lived in Denver area nearly 40 years and didn't visit the Coors Brewery until after we sold the house and just before we headed out fulltiming. Still haven't been in the Colorado state capitol building either. I went skiing twice while I live there and the last time was the mid 80's. I'm sure there was other touristy stuff we just never got around to. LOL!

Travel safe everyone.

Jeff   😊

GO BRONCOS and ROCKIES!!!!!!!!

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

We are in Fredericksburg, VA and settled for a week at the Moose. We will be visiting family as well as doing some sight seeing while we're here. Then we move down to the Richmond area. Got wet yesterday while hitching and unhitching but still not really having fall weather. Not much color in the trees yet.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

8 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

We are in Fredericksburg, VA and settled for a week at the Moose. We will be visiting family as well as doing some sight seeing while we're here. Then we move down to the Richmond area. Got wet yesterday while hitching and unhitching but still not really having fall weather. Not much color in the trees yet.

It's my experience that if we have a lot of rain the trees go right from green to brown. No color to admire.

Linda

2 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

Hope to see the Lavins while we're here.

I hope you do manage to get together. It would be nice to have that update. I wonder if you'll remember to take pictures. :)

Linda

8 hours ago, Sandie & Jim said:

Moved a whole 60 miles south to Mechanicsville, VA. Hope to see the Lavins while we're here.

If you do see them, tell them the group misses them and wish we could all get together.  Miss listening to the karoke haha.

Jerry and Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

I didn't know how to get the Lavins picture on here so Linda and Dave helped me out.

We had breakfast with them this morning and had such a fun visit.  They are doing really good and are happy to be off the road. They just got back from an Alaskan Cruise and have already booked their next cruise to the Caribbean. Living the good life. Thanks for meeting up with us.

Sandie & Jim Dixon