Classes of 2008 and 2009

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well if you head to the NorthEast in April of 2012 you better hope its not like this year. We have to head back to New York to be there the end of April and they still have about a foot of snow on the ground!! We are just hoping for some warm weather and some of that wind so it will dry out all the mud!! We have had a little wind here in Livingston but nothing like what you guys are talking about. Ed got the MH washed yesterday and will start waxing a little each day.

Hey Marsha and Paul...site 67 will be open on Sunday. Can you come a day early?

Oh my! So sorry...got my directions mixed up and I meant North WEST. Next summer will be our Washington Oregon and Canada trip. Tonight we are Schulenburg TX. The wind is still blowing, it has blown all day. Glad to be sitting still and we only drove 102 miles today after taking this coach to a do it yourself truck wash and washed and dried the thing. Called too cheap to pay three times the money from the prices in AZ for a wash. Top layer of dirt gone and I feel better. The wax job we had done a couple of weeks ago held up. We are visiting with friends for a couple of days before moving on. I'm not looking forward to going into storms.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Well my friend arrived yesterday and we had a really long talk last evening. Then today we went to Truth or Consequences to check out the Elephant Butte State Park and the Monticello unit on the north end of the lake. We both like the park we are in better than any of the other parks in the area. After to Parks tour we went to KBOB'S for dinner and had Kbobs. They were good. I haven't had one for a long time now. After returning to the campground I started getting the trailer ready to pull out tomorrow. I'm very short on water so I tried to get the sand from the wind storms cleaned up and about all I accomplished was making so mighty nice looking mud pies. I'll be staying in a commercial Rv Park tomorrow up near Dave's Place so I'll just wait and try to get the thing mucked out up there. The wind was fairly calm this morning and a good share of the Day but it's been Blowing with Vengence for the past 4 hours. It's supposed to be nice for the next 10 days. I sure hope that weather man isn't having pipe dreams. Well back to my job of getting this rig ready to roll again.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

TEXAS IS ON FIRE!!! There is a wildfire burning a few miles SW of us that had burned over 100'000 acres yesterday. Wind 35 to 45 mph with gust to 60 predicted for today. With 97+' heat and single digit humidity it will be hard to stop. There is also a big fire at Marfia N of the Big Bend, and several in the panhandle. WE are safe but worried for our friends and neighbors that have lost ther grass, If they don't loose livestock they still can't stay in buiness with nothing for them to eat. Lucky the mkt. is real good now.

Delcie is in the hosp. at Childress with pnumonia, she is doing better, hope to get her home Monday. The only good thing about that is I will probly loose weight from batching.

We plan to leave for our campground host job the 1st of May. We are ready for the cool of the mtns.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

So sorry! Send our good thoughts and prayers to her to get well quick! We hope they get that fire nipped in the bud pretty quick too. Wind has blown non stop today down here at Schulenberg about 100 miles east of San Antonio. Take care of yourselves and keep us posted!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Delcie is in the hosp. at Childress with pnumonia, she is doing better, hope to get her home Monday. The only good thing about that is I will probly loose weight from batching.

We plan to leave for our campground host job the 1st of May. We are ready for the cool of the mtns.

LIFE IS GOOD!!!

Freddy

Give Delcie our best regards and hopes for a quick recovery. Who is taking care of Heidi? I know she misses Delcie.

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

Oh my! So sorry...got my directions mixed up and I meant North WEST. Next summer will be our Washington Oregon and Canada trip. Tonight we are Schulenburg TX. The wind is still blowing, it has blown all day. Glad to be sitting still and we only drove 102 miles today after taking this coach to a do it yourself truck wash and washed and dried the thing. Called too cheap to pay three times the money from the prices in AZ for a wash. Top layer of dirt gone and I feel better. The wax job we had done a couple of weeks ago held up. We are visiting with friends for a couple of days before moving on. I'm not looking forward to going into storms.

We are so looking forward to being your guide through our beautiful province next summer.

Hugs

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Well my friend arrived yesterday and we had a really long talk last evening. Then today we went to Truth or Consequences to check out the Elephant Butte State Park and the Monticello unit on the north end of the lake. We both like the park we are in better than any of the other parks in the area. After to Parks tour we went to KBOB'S for dinner and had Kbobs. They were good. I haven't had one for a long time now. After returning to the campground I started getting the trailer ready to pull out tomorrow. I'm very short on water so I tried to get the sand from the wind storms cleaned up and about all I accomplished was making so mighty nice looking mud pies. I'll be staying in a commercial Rv Park tomorrow up near Dave's Place so I'll just wait and try to get the thing mucked out up there. The wind was fairly calm this morning and a good share of the Day but it's been Blowing with Vengence for the past 4 hours. It's supposed to be nice for the next 10 days. I sure hope that weather man isn't having pipe dreams. Well back to my job of getting this rig ready to roll again.

From the sounds of your weather - you rig is rolling whether its ready or not. Have a good drive up the road tomorrow.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hi to all

D and I have been seeing friends and family for the last 20 days. We left Kerrville, Tx. mar. 21 after 3 mo. there. Vernon, Tx. first stop. Amarillo,Tx. next. Abq., NM. Corona,NM and now we are at Santa Rosa, NM for 8 days. At Santa Rosa campground on old US 66. Had Washer and dryer installed in Abq. D got to try it last night. She loves it.

I had only read up to page three before we ran out of Wi-fi, so I have had a long morning of reading to catch up with everone.

HIGH = wind, temp., fuel and complaining Where is the HIGH income?

Sun up is here and no wind. temp 48. I must get out side and enjoy it.

We are waiting on warmer weather. There is snow in Wy. where our camp host job is. It is supposed to be in 40's this week there.

Prayers for Delice. Hope for quick recovery.

glyn

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

The wind finally let up yesterday. I had been rationing water but was able to fill up. After all the digging/dust with the propane line and septic tank, I just need a fire hose to clean this trailer out. To top it off, the ditch witch's exhaust was pointing directly under the trailer and the CO2 set off the alarm. So, without thinking, I immediately opened the vents and door and turned on the fans to air the trailer out. He was still digging....

Today will be better. I'm going to take a neighbor Lady to Walmart. I'm going to get a couple of boxes of those Swifter Dusters, and Lee is coming to town.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

Pa and D - hope your don't need to be in WY for a couple of weeks yet so it has time to warm up and make the snow go away.

Sailbad - have a good time cleaning. Maybe you can trick Lee into using one of those Swiffer thingies for you.

We are headed into Death Valley today so I won't be able to catch up with anybody until we get back out. No internet. So everybody stay safe and I'll check back in in about a week or so.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

I had a friend who considered housework part of her exercise routine. Bend at the waist to pick up things from the floor, stretch to dust the high places, keep moving to keep your heartbeat up, etc. She was in amazingly good shape so maybe there was some method to her madness. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

House Work for an Exercise program. Hummm No wonder I'm in such sad shape. I was tring to clean up some of the dust from yesterdays wind storm with what little water I had left before coming up here to Dave's. All I did was make some might nice looking mud patties. I pulled into Kiva RV Park nears Dave's place today about noon. This place has Current Bushes all over the place. And they have some funny looking pipes that come out of the ground and water runs out of them so I hooked my hose to one and I have running water in my trailer now. I got the water and electric hooked up as fast as I could then went in and took a shower and shaved. I completely ran out of hot water before I shaved so I had to sit here and drink a couple of cups of coffee waiting for hot water to shave with. Tomorrow I'll drive into town to get some Gasoline and Groceries and now that I've showered and shaved maybe they will let me join the Human Race again. I called to have my mail sent here and also ordered some carving stuff to be delivered here by UPS. So, I'll be here at least a week if not more. I called Dave and we talked for about an hour. My phone battery was about to run out of juice so I told Dave I'd see him tomorrow after I got back from town. And the best part of all is: It is a perfectly beautiful day. No wind and in the high 60's. It's a rough life but someone has to live it.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

House Work for an Exercise program. Hummm No wonder I'm in such sad shape. I was tring to clean up some of the dust from yesterdays wind storm with what little water I had left before coming up here to Dave's. All I did was make some might nice looking mud patties. I pulled into Kiva RV Park nears Dave's place today about noon. This place has Current Bushes all over the place. And they have some funny looking pipes that come out of the ground and water runs out of them so I hooked my hose to one and I have running water in my trailer now. I got the water and electric hooked up as fast as I could then went in and took a shower and shaved. I completely ran out of hot water before I shaved so I had to sit here and drink a couple of cups of coffee waiting for hot water to shave with. Tomorrow I'll drive into town to get some Gasoline and Groceries and now that I've showered and shaved maybe they will let me join the Human Race again. I called to have my mail sent here and also ordered some carving stuff to be delivered here by UPS. So, I'll be here at least a week if not more. I called Dave and we talked for about an hour. My phone battery was about to run out of juice so I told Dave I'd see him tomorrow after I got back from town. And the best part of all is: It is a perfectly beautiful day. No wind and in the high 60's. It's a rough life but someone has to live it.

It's about time the wind went away and the sunshine came through for you. Come on now ... it's not too rough because you certainly sound like you're enjoying it.

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Apr 12 until ?? We are at Tyndall AFB near Panama City, FL, for a few days to catch up on a medical check for a prescription renewal. Had a great time at our last stop in Carrabelle, FL. Went to a Worm Grunting festival! Funny!-You take a big metal file and hammer a stake into the ground. Rub the file over the top of the stake and it makes a 'grunting' sound. It vibrates the ground and the worms think it is raining and come out of the ground. It works! This town has made a yearly festival out of this, T-shirts and all! There were prizes for the most, the longest, and the shortest worms. Plus there are craft vendors and lots of good food while listening to bluegrass music. A nice wholesome fun day for kids and families. It is nice to see these still exist with all the outisde negative influences surrounding kids today. The festival is every year around the 8 to the 12 of April.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

It's about time the wind went away and the sunshine came through for you. Come on now ... it's not too rough because you certainly sound like you're enjoying it.

Lee sure wasn't up in my neck of the woods then. I left Woodland yesterday am heading for Pt Townsend and the ferry back to Whidbey Island. (Going that way I can avoid the SLUMattle mess :) ) I had Sun, Wind, POURING Rain, and Hail. But I'm back at the Homestead enjoying the view once again. :D

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Lee sure wasn't up in my neck of the woods then. I left Woodland yesterday am heading for Pt Townsend and the ferry back to Whidbey Island. (Going that way I can avoid the SLUMattle mess :) ) I had Sun, Wind, POURING Rain, and Hail. But I'm back at the Homestead enjoying the view once again. :D

Joe

The weather here in the Vancouver area is incredible. Spring is here. And on Monday, we are leaving. Probably going to find it a little cooler in Merritt but it's FREE and there is none of the rat race there.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

we're hanging out in Goshen/Howe/Millersburg Indiana for a few days before heading to Muncie for a few weeks.

Paul is flying to El Paso to spend a week with his mom in the next week or so...

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Pa and D - hope your don't need to be in WY for a couple of weeks yet so it has time to warm up and make the snow go away.

Sailbad - have a good time cleaning. Maybe you can trick Lee into using one of those Swiffer thingies for you.

We are headed into Death Valley today so I won't be able to catch up with anybody until we get back out. No internet. So everybody stay safe and I'll check back in in about a week or so.

Ok, I heard your story about the lock, how did you convince the nice policeman that you're not just climbing into the motorhome to steal a dog??? Sounds like a nightmare to me. How did you manage to get to the ground out that window without breaking a leg. Or for that matter how did you manage to climb back in?? Inquiring minds want to know..... Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We're in Cazona. That's the state between California and Arizona. This is not the first park we've been in that's physically in California but everything runs on Arizona time because there's not much besides RV parks on the California side of the line. So we feel like we're camped in limbo land--thus Cazona. :)

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I got up an ate my Cheerios then took off for the big metropolis of Belen (Pronounced "Bail in") These people talk funny. After I stopped at the Wal-Mart gas station and started to get gas, it wouldn't accept my credit card. I went to the girl in the Kiosh and she couldn't get it to go through either. So I got out my bank card and paid for the gas with that. As I was driving away I got a text message from the credit card company saying that it appears that an unauthorize charge was attempted with my card but if I authorized it to respond to the message. I don't do Text especially in a gas station. When I got in Wal-mark my phone rang and it was an automated call saying about the same thing. Now if they think I'm going to answer a phone while I'm pumping gas they got another think coming. I think I'll call them and tell them to cancel the card. That has happened twice now. After my morning on the town I came back to the rig and tried to put 10 cubic feet of groceries in a 6 cubic foot frig. Don't try it. It doesn't work. When I finally got the groceries cramed into every available and some not so available cranies. I drove out to Dave's place. I had no trouble at all finding it. And the washboard road he was complaining about is smooth as glass at 40 MPH but boy did I raise a cloud of dust. When I pulled up to his gate. It was locked so I tooted the horn. After a few minutes Dave stuck his head out and said just a minute till I get some clothes on. His girl friend came out and started kissing on me and beging me to rub her belly. (Millie the Mooch) Dave and I talked for an hour or so. He has a nice spread out there but boy is it out there. As I turned into his drive I think I saw a sign saying DANGER THE END OF THE EARTH AHEAD. Nah, actually he's about a 1/4 mile from the End of the Earth. He told me about a couple of little towns near by where I could get gas and minor groceries without having to drive all the way to Belen. So I drove over there to investigate. They are quaint little town. I enjoyed the trip over there. I'll get my bread and milk there just to go back and talk to the store owners again. They even have an official US Post Office. I came back to the RV park and got my tools out to saw out a Celtic Knot design I want to carve. I know more than started to saw with my little hand held jig saw and the lady next door yelled out her window. "JC! I can't even hear my self think with that racket. I thought to myself that's because you are not capable of thinking. Now the Interstate is only about 100 yard away and trucks a coming past day and night and making a lot of racket. The dogs around here are barking at everything that moves and the burros are getting into the act at every oportunity and she yelles at me and I hadn't been sawing for over a minute. Some People. Anyway I came inside and sawed a little more with a coping saw so she could listed real close and see if she could hear herself think. The Coping saw don't work worth a darn so tomorrow I'm going to use the jig saw again and if she hollers I'll have a few choice word all ready for her. I've got a good notion to set off the alarm on my truck when I get up to go pot about 3 AM tonight. I might as well get everyone mad at me instead of just one old fat gal. Any way I'm still enjoying the place.

Edited by IYQ

BATTEN DOWN THE HATCHES!!! Here we go again....Weather folks estimating 70mph winds tomorrow...

That ought to be fun. Today after Lee ran off his cranky neighbors, we went into Belen for breakfast. Had a nice chat. He also showed me the carvings he had in his trailer. ENVY ENVY ENVY. I can't paint a wall with a roller and here is a guy that would not have to take a back seat to anyone at the Laguna Art Festival. His work is exquisite.

Other than that, I came home and double tied the pole with the trucker's antenna in anticipation of tomorrow's wind event. I don't want to loose my internet.

Dave C.

Millie the mooch

2500 D/M CC.

27RL Wildcat

SKP#94751

After Breakfast with Dave. I got my saw out and finished the cut out for the carving project that my neighbor was so unhappy about yesterday. Then I went for a walk and stopped by the office to ask where the post office is that my packages would be at if they were to large for delivery. She told me Bosque. The other day the other gal said that Bosque was an area not a town. Anyway I decided to jump in the truck and check it out for myself. It is a town. It does have a Post Office and it is 10 miles up Hwy 116 at the intersection with hwy 134. That Post Office will probably go the way of all the rest of the small towns around here because it is only 5 miles more into Belen. This after noon I sat outside roughing out the carving I started and the wind kicked up a little but my trailer was blocking it. However I think Dave was being well dusted as I could barely see the mountains behind his place. I guess it's just getting cranked up for that 70 mph blast Dave says they are expecting tomorrow. Maybe I'd better pull in the slide when I go to bed tonight. I thought that weather man who was forcasting 10 days of good weather had been nipping a bit. Or maybe all the hot air he was putting out is what is causing all this wind.