Classes of 2008 and 2009

Coldsmoke, I want to catch up with you so you can take ME to the SPA!!!! Be careful, all of us women out there will be sending our husbands to you for training!!!

Carol

Edited by Carol A

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys are all making us feel guilty. Nothing wrong here, touch wood!

Yes Joe - the rains are coming. We aren't complaining though because we expected it to be raining the whole time we were here and so far we've had maybe four hours of rain.

Mike and Deb - sending good thoughts your way.:D

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Mike, did i hear " (**^()(**_(**^^%$^&*%^$#$@%$&^%%#$**u)("? Well, that sure is a rough deal. When my toilet quit, I ordered parts from the manufacturer and it only took a couple of days for them to send them. I couldn't even find a toilet like mine for sale anywhere near me. Now that I've had it apart, it was pretty simple to fix. Mine was electric and the motor went bad. Good luck with Camping World!! Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Guest coldsmoke

steve you heard more then that.. the horror continues... inverter burned up,, not in stock,, 2 weeks ... on the way to get mh looked at for inverter we lose power to all dash functions , wipers, fan, heater , back up camera,

intermeittent of course ..

loss of temper last night , deb said i may a owe a lot of spa days to the group.. so im gonna book a spa day for all the women at petco in las vegas. you all pick the day..

the men will just have to drink the day away..

dang joe i wish i was closer to your end of country, crab sounds so good right now. (crabby old man me)

well the adventure continues,,. thanks for all the great wishes sent our way,

mike and deb and the smokey

ps: steve ,, an electric toilet ??? with my luck if i sat down ,, BAM !!!

Edited by coldsmoke

Dang Mike, guess along with the crab we best break out the BAAAAAAAAD Whiskey. Nothing like a couple of liters of that stuff to make one think differently. :lol:

Yep Toni the rain is coming. They are now predicting it to start Friday here. Dang it, I've got at least 2 days of work to finish the shed. Can't head south till after the shed and a couple of other projects are finished. The other projects require the shed to be done first. :(

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Well, I'm all hooked up and ready to pull out in the morning heading for the Slabs. I'll probably stop for a couple of days at Jim Korsten Park near Casa Grande. (Exit 151 I-8) I like that word FREE. I'm afraid to get too far West. All that trouble Coldsmoke is having may be contagious. I've had about all the good bye hugs I can stand today. If I get any more I'll need artificial respiration.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

On the prowl again. Tonight finds me a Jim Korsten, Pinal County Park at Exit 151 I-8 near Stanfield, AZ West of Casa Grande. The entrance to the park is actually on NM 84 1 mile back east from Exit 151 I-8. There is only one other rig in the park tonight but one of the Cowgirls will be joining me tomorrow evening. Then we'll both go on in to the SLABS on Saturday. I ran into a dust storm about 5 miles east of here but it's ok here. The wind is kicking up a little but not bad. It's just enough to keep things feeling cool. If I had more time I'd sneak on into Yuma and bum some chow from Mz Fuffy.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Well Mike just to make you feel better, here goes our story. Hot water heater stopped working on the electric side last Monday morning. When I took my shower water was only luke warm. Works good on propane. Now for the kicker...don't know if they are connected....our brand new only 8 months old engine batteries went dead...I mean dead...turn the key and nothing!!! Drove to Indiana (closest freighliner) with the batteries. Bought new ones again....freightliner will take up to 90 days to check them to see if we get anything back on warrenty. Guess they check to see if it was our fault they went bad!!! Anyway....put the new batteries in and wouldn't you know....our hot water heater is now working again on electric!!! Didn't know the two were connected!! Anyone else have this problem???

Will be keeping a check on the batteries to see if maybe the electric hot water heater was the drain on them.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

steve you heard more then that.. the horror continues... inverter burned up,, not in stock,, 2 weeks ... on the way to get mh looked at for inverter we lose power to all dash functions , wipers, fan, heater , back up camera,

intermeittent of course ..

loss of temper last night , deb said i may a owe a lot of spa days to the group.. so im gonna book a spa day for all the women at petco in las vegas. you all pick the day..

the men will just have to drink the day away..

dang joe i wish i was closer to your end of country, crab sounds so good right now. (crabby old man me)

well the adventure continues,,. thanks for all the great wishes sent our way,

mike and deb and the smokey

ps: steve ,, an electric toilet ??? with my luck if i sat down ,, BAM !!!

Hey, you can get your a-- fried with one of these rigs. Ha Ha I also had an inverter go out this year and bought my new one from these people. http://www.imarineusa.com/search.aspx?find=magnum+inverter I got the 2000w one, and it works great. Not hard to change out and used the same control cord (phone style wire connection). My old one was a Xantrax modified sine wave 2000 and this new one is a pure sine wave unit. Works better, and the control has more information. Price was really good and I got it in three days. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

The rain has arrived. Now I get to finish my outside projects in the rain, what else is new in the Northwest? Was making good progress on the shed yesterday till it came time to start putting metal on the roof, hmmmmmm this piece seems a bit short. Holler at buddy/helper to check length, roofing metal came in to short. :o So that is on hold till it can be replaced next Wednesday. :( Needless to say the Baaaaaad Whiskey came out last night. :blink:

See all the FUN you guys are missing out on by being FULTIMERS? :lol::lol::lol:

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

10/12 to 10/15 in Richmond, VA, for gramd daughter's birthday. Staying at the the Defense Supply Center Military CG. Only ones here in this 6 site CG! Just like last time! Should be awfully quiet this weekend!

Carol

The Simpsons

Onward ever Onward, My partner in crime in the Birthday Party conspiracy arrived today about 2:45 pm. So now we will launch our invasion tomorrow morning and should be at the slabs tomorrow afternoon to do our dirty work. This afternoon we set our plans to have a Dinner and Birthday cake at the Italian Restaurant in Brawley on Monday. Then my parner will kidnap the Birthday girl on Tuesday and take her to the Fountain of youth and run her thru the beauty parlor, Hot bath and massage and what ever else she can find up there. That should take the wild streak out of her and make her mellow out. My partner drew the short straw on the one to do the dirty work. Mainly because if I had tried to do it the Birthday girl would have suspected something fishy about the whole plan. This way they can't get any evidence I had anything to do with the abduction.

I don't know what women like or don't like so the beauty parlor and Massage deal was all I could think of that might get her in good spirits after a 120 degree summer at the slabs. I sure hope she likes it. The weather is forecast to be back in the low 100's for the next week at the slabs. I hope I don't render down to a puddle of grease myself trying to stay there. However it is usually pretty nice anytime after 1 Nov so I won't have too long to sweat.

The weather here was perfect today. A high of 75 and it has dropped down to 68 now at 7 PM. I wore a light jacket most of the day.

Onward ever Onward, My partner in crime in the Birthday Party conspiracy arrived today about 2:45 pm. So now we will launch our invasion tomorrow morning and should be at the slabs tomorrow afternoon to do our dirty work. This afternoon we set our plans to have a Dinner and Birthday cake at the Italian Restaurant in Brawley on Monday. Then my parner will kidnap the Birthday girl on Tuesday and take her to the Fountain of youth and run her thru the beauty parlor, Hot bath and massage and what ever else she can find up there. That should take the wild streak out of her and make her mellow out. My partner drew the short straw on the one to do the dirty work. Mainly because if I had tried to do it the Birthday girl would have suspected something fishy about the whole plan. This way they can't get any evidence I had anything to do with the abduction.

I don't know what women like or don't like so the beauty parlor and Massage deal was all I could think of that might get her in good spirits after a 120 degree summer at the slabs. I sure hope she likes it. The weather is forecast to be back in the low 100's for the next week at the slabs. I hope I don't render down to a puddle of grease myself trying to stay there. However it is usually pretty nice anytime after 1 Nov so I won't have too long to sweat.

The weather here was perfect today. A high of 75 and it has dropped down to 68 now at 7 PM. I wore a light jacket most of the day.

IYQ - any woman is going to love the beauty parlor and massage. Wow. You need to have a talk with Jim and give him a few hints. We're going back up into the 90's next week but at least we have hook ups. Good luck staying cool.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hi everyone - I'm Peggy and my 'other half' is David, we began this full time adventure in Oct of 2009 - have not made it to Q for a get together yet, and most likely won't this winter either :( We have a membership at Lone Star Corral in Hondo, TX, and we have a stix and brix in PA. We normally travel for 6 to 8 months each year, right now we are in Four Oaks, NC, and are heading to Wilmington on Tuesday - after sightseeing a couple days in that area we will be going to Myrtle Beach, SC where David has a USS Tolovana reunion with others that served on that ship. He did 5 tours in Vietnam and this is the third reunion he will make.

After that we are looking at a week in Savanah, GA, then Summerdale for a week or so, then heading in the general direction of TX...hope to meet up with you folks one of these days!

Hello!!!! Glad to meet ya! We are Danny and msKay....more informally "Foofy and Goofy" We are from the class of '08 and travel 10 months of the year, with Sticks n bricks in Nebraska and a lot in Yuma AZ. We are planning for Alaska in '13 but another great thing about our lifestyle is that plans are written in Jello! Hope to meet ya either in Q or out on the road. Only some of us are crazy! :P

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Foofy that's what I said only some of us are crazy. That's everyone but me. LOL

Well, I'm at the SLABs. The LOW compound is almost empty. One rig is here that doesn't belong here and another one is here waiting to join the Slab Lows. We just got here so our plans are not set in stone as yet (But it hard to mix Jello and stone) It only got to 88 today with a nice breeze so wasn't bad at all without AC.

Jeri: the Map won't let me sign in again. It keeps asking me to spell my user name right. I promise to be good.............Maybe.

You guys are all making us feel guilty. Nothing wrong here, touch wood!

Yes Joe - the rains are coming. We aren't complaining though because we expected it to be raining the whole time we were here and so far we've had maybe four hours of rain.

Mike and Deb - sending good thoughts your way.:D

Now along with the rain we are having 40+ mph winds. Not really a good day to be on the road anywhere. So Toni, are you guys planning on being in the Burlington area around Lunch time on Friday? I need to make a Costco run and that's just across the road from Best Buy and Olive Garden. :)

Joe

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Now along with the rain we are having 40+ mph winds. Not really a good day to be on the road anywhere. So Toni, are you guys planning on being in the Burlington area around Lunch time on Friday? I need to make a Costco run and that's just across the road from Best Buy and Olive Garden. :)

Joe

Yes, yes, that will be great. I have your number and will call you as soon as we have a phone. Around lunch time. No definite time though. Depends on the border.

Love the fact that a SKP is there to greet us as we start our adventure once again. :rolleyes:

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Yes, yes, that will be great. I have your number and will call you as soon as we have a phone. Around lunch time. No definite time though. Depends on the border.

Love the fact that a SKP is there to greet us as we start our adventure once again. :rolleyes:

Right on, I'll make plans to be over there around lunch time then. Will be good to see you guys again even though you will be leaving me to face the cold, wet, weather up here all by myself. :P

Joe

PS That also means we get to talk about everyone else. :lol:

Edited by Joe Spiker

Joe

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

I also can't log in and move my pin, and it doesn't even show me where everyone else is.....hmmmmmm.....

well, for anyone who is in the area, we are at Rainbow's End in Livingston for a week or so.

Just left Julie and Mike,and met MJ for the first time.

we're hooking up with Julie and Mike again in a couple of weeks, YaY!

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

I also can't log in and move my pin, and it doesn't even show me where everyone else is.....hmmmmmm.....

well, for anyone who is in the area, we are at Rainbow's End in Livingston for a week or so.

Just left Julie and Mike,and met MJ for the first time.

we're hooking up with Julie and Mike again in a couple of weeks, YaY!

I just looked at our map and we have ALL been abducted by aliens.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Yep, We've been abducted alright. Not a soul left in the US. It must have been caused by that guy that did the parachute jump from the edge of space today.

Today was pretty warm (97) but as long as I sat outside in the shade it wasn't bad at all. I got my lounge chair out and took a nap in it. This evening the Cowgirl I came here with and I went into Brawley for dinner. By the time we got back it had cooled considerably. Tomorrow I've got to go into Brawley again and stock up on groceries. I'll wait till it gets hot in the afternoon to go. The AC in the truck will feel good and Wally World is always on the cool side. Our Birthday Party plans have been moved up to Tuesday evening. Then Wednesday for the beauty shop fussin' Tomorrow they are having a fish fry with fish they caught in the canal. If it doesn't get much hotter than it did this afternoon, I'll stay right here instead of going to a commercial court.

10/16 to 10/18 at Kerr Dam near South Hill, VA. The capmground is a Corps of Engineer park and one of our very favorite. There is the huge lake and will give us the chance to camp in the woods and have fires. Should be nice and peaceful this time of year. The park closes at the end of this month.

Carol

The Simpsons

Good the map is back and I know a lot of the people on it. I went to a fish fry tonight but didn't eat fish. They cooked a burger for me. I got a small view of how slabers live here in the land civilization forgot. I enjoyed the eveing. Tomorrow is Birthday party night. Six of us will wish the Birthday girl many more happy years. Today I waited till about 1 PM then went into town so I'd be in the Air Conditioned stores during the hottest part of the day. So now I have a frig full and have completely run out of excuses to go out for dinner. It's a little after 9PM and is beginning to cool off. It's still 83 outside and 85 inside. I've turned off the fantastic fans in the vents and I'm only running the O2cool fan pointed at my table. It's very comfortable that way and saves a little electricity. Tomorrow it's going to be back up in the high 90's or low 100's again. I'll wait to take my shower until just before going to the party. Sweat control ya know.