Classes of 2008 and 2009

Guest coldsmoke

Well even though you have insulted the dickens out of us....we will be heading Spokane way on the 19th. Perhaps we could meet up.

i meant to get that dander off of you, it does itch ya know.

we are at a rv park called wild rose, on rte 395 north. beautifull setting in farm country. good monthly rates but weekly a little high 150.00 week or 300 a month.

you gonna be here lon g ? we can sure meet up. i have more dander relief for you..

mike and deb

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Jim and Sandie, bet you are glad to be south in AZ early after all. Saw where it snowed in Billings! We are still on the coast of NC and it is still humid. We should get the cold front tonight. Hope you guys are well. Will miss seeing you this winter, Maybe next winter.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

well a big update, we wont be going to east coast. staying in spokane for next3 weeks or so , then on to klamath falls oregon for a monster truck event. then head south see where it takes us.

mike and deb and smokey

Isn't it great that we can change the plans whenever we want? Sounds like you're going to be busy, busy with Monster Trucks. Keep us all posted on where you're going to be and when. :)

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Well, Jim and Sandie, bet you are glad to be south in AZ early after all. Saw where it snowed in Billings! We are still on the coast of NC and it is still humid. We should get the cold front tonight. Hope you guys are well. Will miss seeing you this winter, Maybe next winter.

Carol

You just have no idea how happy I am that we aren't in the snow or the cold. I also don't miss your humidity. Love that dry desert warm weather. Hard to believe you guys aren't coming west this year. But hopefully next winter. Have a great time and do lots of fun stuff. Any rodeos going on?

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

Hi everyone - I'm Peggy and my 'other half' is David, we began this full time adventure in Oct of 2009 - have not made it to Q for a get together yet, and most likely won't this winter either :( We have a membership at Lone Star Corral in Hondo, TX, and we have a stix and brix in PA. We normally travel for 6 to 8 months each year, right now we are in Four Oaks, NC, and are heading to Wilmington on Tuesday - after sightseeing a couple days in that area we will be going to Myrtle Beach, SC where David has a USS Tolovana reunion with others that served on that ship. He did 5 tours in Vietnam and this is the third reunion he will make.

After that we are looking at a week in Savanah, GA, then Summerdale for a week or so, then heading in the general direction of TX...hope to meet up with you folks one of these days!

cookone01

well a big update, we wont be going to east coast. staying in spokane for next3 weeks or so , then on to klamath falls oregon for a monster truck event. then head south see where it takes us.

freightliner solved our engine problem. they said canada must be really filthy, they steamed out the radiator and would you believe out fell 2 canadians !!!!! eh they plugged my radiator eh ...

so here we set, waiting on shipment of clothing for the truck show.

mike and deb and smokey

Glad you got the over heating fixed but too bad you have to sit and wait now. Coming to New Braunfels? :)

We got out of Denver in a nick of time. In the 20's at night. Yuck. Today it's 60 degrees, cloudy and windy here in New Braunfels. Suppose to be mid 80's by Wednesday. Sure is green here.

Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Hi everyone - I'm Peggy and my 'other half' is David, we began this full time adventure in Oct of 2009 - have not made it to Q for a get together yet, and most likely won't this winter either :( We have a membership at Lone Star Corral in Hondo, TX, and we have a stix and brix in PA. We normally travel for 6 to 8 months each year, right now we are in Four Oaks, NC, and are heading to Wilmington on Tuesday - after sightseeing a couple days in that area we will be going to Myrtle Beach, SC where David has a USS Tolovana reunion with others that served on that ship. He did 5 tours in Vietnam and this is the third reunion he will make.

After that we are looking at a week in Savanah, GA, then Summerdale for a week or so, then heading in the general direction of TX...hope to meet up with you folks one of these days!

Welcome to the group. Some of our group are going to be in Texas this winter so hopefully you'll be able to meet up somewhere. It's really good to hear from you so keep posting and let us all know where you're at and what you're up to. You just never know when one of this crew might pop up near you. It would be fun if you could join us at Q but if not 2013 maybe 2014.

Sandie (and Jim)

Sandie & Jim Dixon

I did a few of the outside Maintenance jobs today getting ready to leave Thursday morning for the SLABS. The weather there has been down right Cold for them. It was 98 today. It usually is about 107 this time of year. I'll probably think I've jumped out of the frying pan into the fire when I get there. After the birthday party I may come down and drink up all of Sandie's cranberry juice and eat up all her spaghetti.

Cookone01: Yes by all means come join us. But, I'll have to warn you everyone in the group is crazy except me. So come prepared to read all of our post out of context. Embelish them a bit then hold them agains us for life and you'll fit right in. We'll even share our secret code with you. To take a Steve means Nap time. Cranberry Juice is that Italian stuff that come in a bottle for anywhere from 5 to 50 bucks called Vino. But make it Pino Noir. (:-) (Smile.) And bring a big pot to make spaghetti in. But don't listen to all those Crazy folks that will tell you I'm telling you all this for my own benefit. It's just a coincidence that I happen to like Pino Noir and Spaghetti. And if anyone mentions flux capacitors it just proves that I was correct is warning you that they are all crazy. (except me of course)

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hi Peggy and David,

We're Toni and Doug and we are the token Canadians eh, in this illustrious group. We are crazy but that's what makes us FUN FUN FUN :lol:

When visiting Savannah (or favourite place so far) check out Skidaway State Park - unbelievable. We found it thanks to another of our group (grounded right now) Janice and Jerry.

Hope to meet soon.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Cookone01

Welcome

I don't post much, but you and David sound like fun people. D and I will be in Kerrville, Tx. for Thanksgiving. Hondo is not far away. If you are there then let us know and we will meet.

We have a lot at Lakewood, NM., but talked about Hondo ( both are SKP CO-OP)

We are crazy just like IYQ said.

PA and D

event.png

Glyn (KL0PG) & Diane Carson
2002 I-H 4400 Papa's Dream (Mama's Nightmare)
2015 Space Craft V400
Furkid Max

email: dlcarsonak@hotmail.com

Guest coldsmoke

Glad you got the over heating fixed but too bad you have to sit and wait now. Coming to New Braunfels? :)

We got out of Denver in a nick of time. In the 20's at night. Yuck. Today it's 60 degrees, cloudy and windy here in New Braunfels. Suppose to be mid 80's by Wednesday. Sure is green here.

Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

we are thinking of the san antonio area for most of nov and dec,heard that san antonio river walk is fantastic for christmas,, then back to q area in jan.

what was name of that campground you are going to

mike and deb

we are thinking of the san antonio area for most of nov and dec,heard that san antonio river walk is fantastic for christmas,, then back to q area in jan.

what was name of that campground you are going to

mike and deb

We are at the Lazy L&L in New Braunfels. Next to the Gaudalupe river on River Road. We're planning on Q and Yuma mid January then back to Texas after a few weeks. Want to see spring time in the Hill Country.

Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Guest coldsmoke

ok jeff and tina.. if we can make it over there we will meet up.

ok so here is how the last day went...

my little lady wanted a spa day, so i took her,, hair conditioning ,, style bath , massage the full 9 nine yards.. and guess what NOW DEB is JEALOUS of smokey.. go fugure, i cant do anything right anymore...

coldsmoke

Hi Peggy,

I'm Linda and my other half is also David but more often known as Dave. We full-timed starting in 2008 for just over three years. Now Dave is anchored in Minneapolis and I am about to begin solo snowbirding. My new RV is currently being converted from a van to a motorhome in Austin, Texas, and I am due to pick it up sometime late this month. Don't know what I'll do then.

I was about to say my Dave may be the only truly sane one of this bunch but then I realized choosing to spend winters in Minneapolis doesn't sound very sane.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

10/8 to 10/12 at Seymour Johnson AFB in Goldsboro, NC. Chilling out til have to be in Richmond, VA, for a family birthday. Also just found our the NC state fair started in Raleigh today. Hmmm... not that far so just might have to take a little day trip over there! We love that sort of thing.

Carol

The Simpsons

Jim and Sandie, Yep. partners! There is a rodeo in Oceechobee, FL, where we are staying. Went 2 seasons ago and it was a real nice one. Soooo...I already have it marked on my calendar for March! You would be surprised at the number of rodeos in FL! Do they fly the Longhorns in ffrom Cheyenne, WY?!? Yee Haa!!

Carol

The Simpsons

my little lady wanted a spa day, so i took her,, hair conditioning ,, style bath , massage the full 9 nine yards.. and guess what NOW DEB is JEALOUS of smokey.. go fugure, i cant do anything right anymore...

coldsmoke

Well, we certainly know who rates at your house. Just like at ours. Too funny.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

See I told you they were all Crazy (except me) and I'm beginning to worry about me.

I had all kinds of ambitious ideas today but some how nothing got done. One of my Cowgirl friends took the umbelical cord plug on her truck off and didn't make a wiring diagram first. I've been helping her all evening and we're running into all kinds of problems. The first one we found was that because of the "trailer Unhooked warning system" in the truck you can't get any reading on the plug until you hook up the trailer. Another is that the diagrams you find on the internet for the 7 pin connector on a tow vehicle don't corrispond to her truck. The color code is different and it uses colors not even mentioned in the code. I hooked up my truck to prove that the trailer was hooked up right and everything worked. Knowing that pin 4 is always the hot wire I identified all but two of the wires by function rather than color and got everything working but the left turn signal and left backup light but it got too dark to go any farther. I know pin three is the marker lights because of the old trick of pluging a 2 pin heavy duty flasher in #3 and #4 to make all the marker and tail light flash when the truck is not hooked up to the trailer for emergency parking on the side of a road while you run into town with the truck for parts etc. Now I got electrons flowing all over the place and can't get the spigot shut off so I can stop thinking about it and go to bed.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

coldsmoke

Hope to see you down here. Are you towing the new big trailer or did you sell it?

While in Colorado, Megan visited the groomer for a bath and a shave. I don't remember what she looked like with a full coat anymore. What we do for our furkids.

Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Guest coldsmoke

Hope to see you down here. Are you towing the new big trailer or did you sell it?

While in Colorado, Megan visited the groomer for a bath and a shave. I don't remember what she looked like with a full coat anymore. What we do for our furkids.

Travel safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

son kept the big trailer, so all we are towing this year is the chevy pu

dang kids confiscate every thing i own..

today we head to camping world to repair that fracking toilet AGAIN.. and hot water heater decided it doesnt like us anymore and quit working on electric side, and propane side blows water out the pressure valve.

i love rving !!!

mike and deb

son kept the big trailer, so all we are towing this year is the chevy pu

dang kids confiscate every thing i own..

today we head to camping world to repair that fracking toilet AGAIN.. and hot water heater decided it doesnt like us anymore and quit working on electric side, and propane side blows water out the pressure valve.

i love rving !!!

mike and deb

RV = Ruined Vacation

Hate to hear about the problems. Very frustrating.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

Guest coldsmoke

ok i HAVE REACHED MY LIMIT WITH RVS

we get the hot water heater fixed today, they had to order a new toilet may take a month to get here (**^()(**_(**^^%$^&*%^$#$@%$&^%%#$**u)(

THEN WE GET Back TO RV PARK AND HAVE TO FRIGGING POWER TO HALF THE COACH

is any thing made in america any more or is it all made by stinking frigging chinese pieces of shit.. can america no longer fix or repAIR ANYTHING ??? what the heck is going on .. damn id rather have a tent..

so tommorrow is ruined as we go back to camping world and set for 8 more hours, (probaly to find out they turned of a switch)

i have a headache

coldsmoke

Mike and Deb, Dang when it rain it pours. What do they mean a month to get a damn toilet? Wish you were over here, we'd do a "Midnight Supply" run and get you back on the road. Or take the boat out and get some Crab.

My neighbors are having the same kind of luck with their MH. Slides quit working so they called a repair place in Rawlins, WY. Seems that Dumb and Dumber showed up, put Air Ratchets to the Manual Slide bolts and stripped them. Their unit has been screwed up for almost a month and I will save their story for a campfire this winter.

So I'm sitting here plumb tuckered out cause nobody is around to help with my latest project. Metal will be delivered tomorrow and I hope to get it all buttoned up before it starts raining.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Talking about tired I've been at it since 4 this morning. I couldn't sleep so I got up and made breakfast when it got light enough to see I went out and aired up my tires. When that was done I took my laundry to the laundry and had them wash and fold it to save me time. I came home and started cleaning house. I scrubbed down the bathroom and then sat down to rest until the floor was dry. Then I started on scrubbing the floors in the rest of the trailer. by the time I got done with that it was time to go get the laundry and get it put away. I have to refold everything they fold to make it fit in the wardrobe. I got about half way through that job when it was time for Happy Hour. I walked over to Happy Hour and just sat down when I got a nose bleed. So I walked back home to take care of the mess. When I got it stopped I went to the office to see if the gal I was helping with the wiring problem, had done what I told her needed to be done. She did and found a blown fuse because of the crossed wiring. But, she didn't retest it so I have no Idea if it works or not. I ask her if she wanted to check it tonight after the office closed and she said she wanted to go out to dinner with me because I won't be able to go anywhere tomorrow because I'll be dumping tanks and filling fresh water tanks and hooking up the truck. So that's what we did. Then when I got back home I had the rest of the clothes to take care of and had to make the bed with the fresh sheets from the laundry. I'll bet I pull a Steve tonight.