Classes of 2008 and 2009

I have sad news. I just received a phone call from Sailbad's daughter, Diane. Sailbad is David Cantrall. He passed away in his sleep in New Mexico. She was calling everyone on his contact list so some of you may also receive the call.

We too received a call. Definitely not the kind of call you want. He's going to be missed along with Millie. I understand from Jeri that Millie is with Dave's son and is being truly loved.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10/3 to 10/6 at Kure Beach, NC, Air Force Rec. area. Stayed an extra day in New Bern to avoid packing up in the rain and mud! Plus, it was still so humid. And this is October!!!

Sandie, Always sad when we lose a felow RVer.

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

Very sorry to hear about Dave. Last time I saw him was at Quartzsite last winter. I was riding on Jeri's 4 wheeler and Dave & Millie were camped a mile south of us at LaPosa South. He was from Oklahoma, so I did see him a few times there over the past 4 years. He will be missed. I'm glad his son was able to take Millie. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

So sorry to hear about Dave. Glad to hear Millie is well. It always scares me a bit to hear of this happening to a solo RVer; hopefully he was camped near friends.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

We too received a call. Definitely not the kind of call you want. He's going to be missed along with Millie. I understand from Jeri that Millie is with Dave's son and is being truly loved.

Really sad.

And you know, three people we know at Rovers' Roost died this past week. That's enough.

So sad.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

Dave had a piece of property 8 miles East of I-25 on US 60 then about 2 miles north on a gravel road. He has put a lot of work into his place. He had an 8 foot chain link fence around his land and a steel shipping container for safe storage. The nearest neighbor was about a mile away. He did care for an elderly lady that was living out there somewhere near him by bringing her water to fill her large tank and taking her into Belen, NM every once in a while for groceries. About 2 1/2 months ago I stopped at the Kiva RV Park and Horse Motel at the junction of I-25 and US 60. I called dave and when he called back I ask if he wanted to go into Belen for dinner. He begged off because he had been working on a wind break for his trailer made from heavy timbers and was too tired to go anywhere. I went on my way to Eagle Nest then two weeks later I was heading back down I-25 and had a blowout just 5 miles north of the Kiva RV Park. After road service fixed the tire I couldn't get the truck started. Road Service gave me a jump start. I had planned on stopping at Kiva to see Dave but because of the dead battery I went on to Truth or Conseguences where I bought a battery and stayed another 2 weeks at Caballo State Park. I called Dave from Caballo and talked with him for a half hour or so. He sounded fine and was in good spirits. His Daughter said that they thought that Dave's passing had something to do with his heart but they didn't know for sure yet. I think it may have been all the work in 100 degree heat that caused his death. When he talked with me on the phone he mentioned that his doctor was scolding him about eating more healthy because of his heart. We will all miss Dave he was a very nice person ready to help anyone who needed help at any time. He lived a rather private life because that is how he liked it. He was proud of the way he fixed his little spot on the desert to be completely livable with a large water storage, two generators to run the AC when needed. And shelter from the strong winds that part of the desert always gets. And he was a very good Friend of mine.

Edited by IYQ

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Really sad.

And you know, three people we know at Rovers' Roost died this past week. That's enough.

So sad.

So sad....thoughts and prayers go out to all these families. Lots of new RVer's in Heaven...where there's always a campfire and never a flat tire! {{{ HUGS }}} to you all....we never know when our last trip will be, so lets drink it all in! They would all want that for us.

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

So sad about Dave. We meet him out in quartzite in '09 I know he will be missed and I'm sure Millie with miss him the most. Coldsmoke let us know when you get to Atlanta we will catch up with you all. Heck we'll gang up on Jerry , he needs to be put in his place. I dare he keep me in one place this long!!!!!! Tell Deb hi.

Janice

http://www.toadswildadventures.blogspot.com/

Just travelin' down life's highway-toot-toot!

So sad about Dave. We meet him out in quartzite in '09 I know he will be missed and I'm sure Millie with miss him the most. Coldsmoke let us know when you get to Atlanta we will catch up with you all. Heck we'll gang up on Jerry , he needs to be put in his place. I dare he keep me in one place this long!!!!!! Tell Deb hi.

Janice

Jerry, oh Jerry .... I got cookies......you have to pick them up though.:o

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

So sad....thoughts and prayers go out to all these families. Lots of new RVer's in Heaven...where there's always a campfire and never a flat tire! {{{ HUGS }}} to you all....we never know when our last trip will be, so lets drink it all in! They would all want that for us.

So true Kay. Well put!

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Dave had a piece of property 8 miles East of I-25 on US 60 then about 2 miles north on a gravel road. He has put a lot of work into his place. He had an 8 foot chain link fence around his land and a steel shipping container for safe storage. The nearest neighbor was about a mile away. He did care for an elderly lady that was living out there somewhere near him by bringing her water to fill her large tank and taking her into Belen, NM every once in a while for groceries. About 2 1/2 months ago I stopped at the Kiva RV Park and Horse Motel at the junction of I-25 and US 60. I called dave and when he called back I ask if he wanted to go into Belen for dinner. He begged off because he had been working on a wind break for his trailer made from heavy timbers and was too tired to go anywhere. I went on my way to Eagle Nest then two weeks later I was heading back down I-25 and had a blowout just 5 miles north of the Kiva RV Park. After road service fixed the tire I couldn't get the truck started. Road Service gave me a jump start. I had planned on stopping at Kiva to see Dave but because of the dead battery I went on to Truth or Conseguences where I bought a battery and stayed another 2 weeks at Caballo State Park. I called Dave from Caballo and talked with him for a half hour or so. He sounded fine and was in good spirits. His Daughter said that they thought that Dave's passing had something to do with his heart but they didn't know for sure yet. I think it may have been all the work in 100 degree heat that caused his death. When he talked with me on the phone he mentioned that his doctor was scolding him about eating more healthy because of his heart. We will all miss Dave he was a very nice person ready to help anyone who needed help at any time. He lived a rather private life because that is how he liked it. He was proud of the way he fixed his little spot on the desert to be completely livable with a large water storage, two generators to run the AC when needed. And shelter from the strong winds that part of the desert always gets. And he was a very good Friend of mine.

We are very very sorry for YOUR loss Lee. So sad.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

.... And he was a very good Friend of mine.

Dave was trying to prepare his property for the winter. Last we had talked he was planning on getting it set up so he could spend the winter there instead of trekking to "Q".

His daughter said they had tried to call him and couldn't get a hold of him. They sent the Sheriff out to check. They thought he had died in his sleep. She said they just returned from a trip to pick up Millie. She said they all love Millie and is with her brother who has two kids and two dogs.

This is the second one from our little SKP group this year. Earlier we lost Lee and now Dave. :(

Just Wanderin'

On a permanent vacation!

http://blog.willywagon.net

Guest coldsmoke

Janice

you have no idea how much crap i will give him !!! you guys need to be on the road again

mike and deb

I went out for Pizza and beer tonight and meet 3 of my cowgirl friends there. They were waiting for the Karaoke(Spelling) to start at 8. I think I might go back over there and horrass them a bit if one of them dares to get up and sing. My flight this morning was called off. The pilot had to take his Mother to Las Cruses to the Doctor. We re scheduled for tomorrow morning at 10.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

We have reached our winter destination near New Braunfels, Tx. until it's time to go to Q. Definately need to catch our breath for a while. Spent last Nov. here and thought we'd do it again. We'll see if we can wait until Q without getting hitch itch. Travel Safe. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

sad to hear about Dave. I remember from his posts that he wasn't fond of going to the doctor,but did it anyway.

we are in Missouri, eventually headed to Livingston. We are meeting with Dale Fenton next week- he and Paul are going to put their heads together and see if they can come up with a smoother ride while we are towing. we're flying from Livingston to Boston for ...not one, but TWO weddings, on the same day, at the same time, so we'll be running around like crazy.

Aftet that its on to Terlingua for the International Chili Cook Off!!!!

Sue

Sue and Paul- fulltimed 2009 -2015 with Dozer, our Gray Tuxedo cat

2012 DRV Mobile Suites 36TKSB4 pulled by a 2020 F350 Platinum

Our "vacation home" : 2018 Arctic Fox 1150 truck camper

RIP Dozey

http://soos-ontheroad.blogspot.com/

Well we finally got off the ground again this morning. The Air was rather bumpy today so we had to stay a little farther from the mountain peeks because of down drafts. We searched out several roads that we couldn't find by truck travel so now we know where the correct corners are. It was a little hazy but we got some good pictures anyway. After the plane ride I took one of the cowgirls to the Savoy then this evening a bunch of us went to the Adobe Deli for dinner. All in all it's been a very nice day.

Well we finally got off the ground again this morning. The Air was rather bumpy today so we had to stay a little farther from the mountain peeks because of down drafts. We searched out several roads that we couldn't find by truck travel so now we know where the correct corners are. It was a little hazy but we got some good pictures anyway. After the plane ride I took one of the cowgirls to the Savoy then this evening a bunch of us went to the Adobe Deli for dinner. All in all it's been a very nice day.

So nice to hear you're having a good time and enjoying the sights (and the cowgirls!) We also enjoyed the day yesterday around Williams and the Grand Canyon. An absolute Stellar Day. The Canyon was clear and I got some good pictures. Enjoyed a great picnic lunch in the park and explored several view areas that we hadn't seen. We paid a visit to Bearizona in the afternoon, and had a few laughs walking through the baby animals. If you get a chance, this place really has improved since our last two years. It is a work in progress and they add three new displays every year. The weather is perfect here....I'm dreading going to Yuma on Tuesday,as it still is very hot, but we need to get our chores wrapped up and head for Nebraska. One of Dans good friends and fellow fireman has been diagnosed with mega bad,inoperable cancer....so we will trek home for a bit of sadness this year too. I love the fact that we're all out enjoying the country as much as we can, as we just never know. He is old enough to retire and well enough off. Just kept plugging one more year... and now he's medically retired. Have fun everybody... it's required!

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

So nice to hear you're having a good time and enjoying the sights (and the cowgirls!) We also enjoyed the day yesterday around Williams and the Grand Canyon. An absolute Stellar Day. The Canyon was clear and I got some good pictures. Enjoyed a great picnic lunch in the park and explored several view areas that we hadn't seen. We paid a visit to Bearizona in the afternoon, and had a few laughs walking through the baby animals. If you get a chance, this place really has improved since our last two years. It is a work in progress and they add three new displays every year. The weather is perfect here....I'm dreading going to Yuma on Tuesday,as it still is very hot, but we need to get our chores wrapped up and head for Nebraska. One of Dans good friends and fellow fireman has been diagnosed with mega bad,inoperable cancer....so we will trek home for a bit of sadness this year too. I love the fact that we're all out enjoying the country as much as we can, as we just never know. He is old enough to retire and well enough off. Just kept plugging one more year... and now he's medically retired. Have fun everybody... it's required!

One of Dans good friends and fellow fireman has been diagnosed with mega bad,inoperable cancer....so we will trek home for a bit of sadness this year too. I love the fact that we're all out enjoying the country as much as we can, as we just never know. He is old enough to retire and well enough off. Just kept plugging one more year... and now he's medically retired. Have fun everybody... it's required!

Kay this is perfect. We hear from people interested in our full-time life - Oh, three more years, until retirement, must make more money, need more time with the grandchildren (heard this yesterday!). Don't wait people, you never know.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Didn't get much done today. I took my walk this morning then went to Wally World for groceries and to get my prescription filled. I had to come back to the Ranch and put the groceries away then go back for the pills. It took them 2 hours to fill the prescription. I had planned on getting a lot done today because it was overcast and a good day to do outdoor chores but by the time I could, I was so tired that the bed beckoned and answered the call and slept all afternoon until happy hour. Oh well, there is alway tomorrow and if it doesn't get here I won't need to get the work done anyway.

Guest coldsmoke

well a big update, we wont be going to east coast. staying in spokane for next3 weeks or so , then on to klamath falls oregon for a monster truck event. then head south see where it takes us.

freightliner solved our engine problem. they said canada must be really filthy, they steamed out the radiator and would you believe out fell 2 canadians !!!!! eh they plugged my radiator eh ...

so here we set, waiting on shipment of clothing for the truck show.

mike and deb and smokey

well a big update, we wont be going to east coast. staying in spokane for next3 weeks or so , then on to klamath falls oregon for a monster truck event. then head south see where it takes us.

freightliner solved our engine problem. they said canada must be really filthy, they steamed out the radiator and would you believe out fell 2 canadians !!!!! eh they plugged my radiator eh ...

mike and deb and smokey

Does that mean we'll see you in Q this year? Or Yuma? Sure hope so. Glad to hear the engine problem is fixed.

Sandie & Jim Dixon

Traveling with Scooter and Skittlez

www.wherearethedixonstoday.blogspot.com

mike and deb and smokey

Well even though you have insulted the dickens out of us....we will be heading Spokane way on the 19th. Perhaps we could meet up.

Doug and Toni Laird

2014 Nissan Versa

event.png

Guest coldsmoke

Does that mean we'll see you in Q this year? Or Yuma? Sure hope so. Glad to hear the engine problem is fixed.

yup, more then likely we will be there.. we need a reunion , cause i may start drinking again.. look forward to seeing every one.

mike and deb