Classes of 2008 and 2009

Toni we're moving on to Washington near Mt. St. Helens tomorrow for the weekend. Couple of weeks fo sightseeing in Washington then we hope to be in Canada. Slowly going north. :) Hope we don't have trouble getting the pets across the border. Later.

Tina and Jeff

No problem with pets. (might ask for vaccination certificate). We would love to see you. You will love it here.

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well, Wal-Mart decided I wasn't going anywhere tomorrow. I went to pick up a prescription for 180 diovan pills and they only had 14 in the store. They told me I'd have to come back tomorrow late in the afternoon or friday to get the rest. So, I'll be here until Monday Morning because I don't like to travel on the weekend. Parks are usually all full of weekenders and I never make reservations. I'm sure glad I write my travel plans with chalk so they are easier to erase. Seeing that I had a full tank of gas an no place to go I took a drive around the area tonight. It felt good to be out on lonely roads just driving at 35 MPH and not caring where I was going. We have been under flood warning all day but so far we have only had a sprinkle of rain. City of Rocks state park had 2 inches in one hour and were expecting more. Thats just up the road about 30 miles toward Silver City. Now that I'm not leaving until Monday I'll be using up all the groceries I bought to stock my frig and cupboards and have to go get more. Maybe Wally world has a method to their madness. I think it's a good excuse to eat out so I don't use them all up. Nah! they'd just grow hair in the frig.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hey, Lee, if you can grow hair in your fridge, save some for me. I need it :rolleyes:

We just got the parts in for our slide topper, so they are going to install it tomorrow. It's supposed to rain, but they have a shop big enough to get the bus in, so we should get that fixed up tomorrow. We also got the mirror on our truck replaced today. I broke it off in Sault Ste Marie when I had an altercation with a post while getting ready to leave, and this was the first place we have been since, that was near a Dodge place. At least they didn't have to paint it as it came primer black, and thats what the other side was like. Maybe I should get the whole truck done in primer to keep from having to paint it every time I ding it. Hmmmmm

69 degrees and rainy today, so it's nice hearing rain on the roof for a change. Dry up in this area too. Have to head out to my Cousin's place on lake Champlain for supper. We can see Burlington Vermont across from his place. Really pretty and rural here. Steve

2007 Tiffin Allegro Bus 42 QRP
"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
Roadmaster Sterling tow bar
08 Dodge Dakota toad
Sea Eagle 10.6sr Inflatable

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Wally World came up with the rest of my prescription today. So Now I can start all over getting ready to go Monday Morning. After my walk this morning I went over to pay my electric bill for last month. $95.67. That's the best reason I can think of to get to heck out of this hot weather and head for the hills. The only time I use an electricity hook-up is when I need the AC. If it stays below 90 degrees, I boondock and use my solar with fans. That saves a whole lot of money in a year. Last year my average cost for Parking and electricty was only $4.63 a day. That included a couple weeks at $45 a day when I was going back and forth to Minnasota. So far this year it's up to $12.08 a day. (I start my year on the 1st of June.) I've been living high on the hog this summer with the trip back east and staying here in this hot weather. I've made a spreadsheet in my smart phone to keep track of rent and electricty. Every time I pay for a space or pay my electric bill (when I'm on a monthly rate). I punch in the amount and the spread sheet keeps a running average. It gets to be a game seeing how low I can keep the daily cost average for parking and electricity. My solar panels have paid for themselves several times over.

Lee (IYQ)<p>Moving from Campground to Campground so the Grim Reaper can't find me.http://www.flickr.com/photos/iyq/2013 Chevy 2500 HD Diesel pulling a 2008 Hornet TT with Hensley Arrow Hitch. Plus a 2015 Itasca Navion iQ 24v to run around in.

Hello everyone,

Our email account has been hacked. We are not in Spain. We are still working in Kentucky. Please disregard any email that you receive from us.

I am working with Yahoo to restore everything.

So sorry to hear you are having to deal with this. I was one of the lucky ones that didn't get hacked but the fear until I was was cleared makes me understand just a tiny bit of what you are going through.

Linda Sand

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

Ed & Linda, I was wondering what type of "barge" you had the MH on to make that journey to Spain. Si Senorita!

We finished getting our slide topper repaired and are heading out for Quebec City in the morning. Looks like we'll stay over there for four or five days and check the place out. We found a campground just South of the city, and they had room so we'll see. Just filled up with diesel and it's $4.03 up here and everyone seems to have the same price. Oh well, it's cheaper than Canada, even if I could figure out the real price up there in equivalent gallons. :lol: This repair shop has been great and we got 30a electric and water for $5 a night. We did find a dump station at City Beach for $7, which is only a couple of miles from here, so we were "good to go"! More Canadian adventures tomorrow eh!! Steve Hmmmm how do you say "eh" in French??? :rolleyes:

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

Beautiful day today. Not too warm and not too windy. I didn't do much this morning except take my walk but 4 of us went to the Adobe Deli tonight for dinner. We Talked for 2 1/2 hours over our meal. It's a very unique place. It's an old school building 8 1/2 miles out in the desert and they are rated as one of the ten best restaurants in New Mexico. It's a bar and the building is cramed with old antiques an stuffed animals. One look at the building and you wonder how they ever got a license to serve food but the food is great. On the Weekend the place is packed. tonight we though that because it's the middle of summer that we would not need reservations but when we got there they had to dig a table out that was being stored and set it up for us. I had a pork chop that was about 2 inches thick and just as tender as it could be. I don't eat potatoes so they put extra asparagras on my plate. They also serve a French Onion Soup that is out of this world but it sends my blood pressure out of this world also as it is a little on the salty side. Bon Appetit.

Friends meeting up with friends. Local "not yet full-timers" Sue and Doug meeting up with Jim and Sandie and now you. Wonderful ain't it. Only thing better would be us joining in the mix. Wish someone, anyone, would come and visit us.

[[[HUGS}}}

I had good intentions to come over there, but the time and money thing got in the way. :{ Did not plan on another "Down" payment this summer! :{ {{{BIGGER HUGS}}}

As Always,

MsKay - Class of '08

Ed & Linda, I was wondering what type of "barge" you had the MH on to make that journey to Spain. Si Senorita!

We finished getting our slide topper repaired and are heading out for Quebec City in the morning. Looks like we'll stay over there for four or five days and check the place out. We found a campground just South of the city, and they had room so we'll see. Just filled up with diesel and it's $4.03 up here and everyone seems to have the same price. Oh well, it's cheaper than Canada, even if I could figure out the real price up there in equivalent gallons. :lol: This repair shop has been great and we got 30a electric and water for $5 a night. We did find a dump station at City Beach for $7, which is only a couple of miles from here, so we were "good to go"! More Canadian adventures tomorrow eh!! Steve Hmmmm how do you say "eh" in French??? :rolleyes:

Dunno - French for "eh".

If you need an RV park in Montreal, Alouette, just east of the city. I recall it was fairly expensive but was in Passport America. And they speak English in the office.

You are going to have fun - we have some French - but you have none. Good luck.

Do you want to visit our daughter?

Doug and Toni Laird

2008 Gulfstream BT Cruiser 30'

2014 Nissan Versa

Our newest furfriend - Zoe - a beautiful black and white cat

Our blog - http://stixandbrix.blogspot.ca

event.png

7/28 -7/29 Ft.Knox, KY. Need money??? I'll see what I can do!!

Yes, please send money. Got a new RV to pay for. :)

Non-traceable, of course. No sequential numbers. Wrinkle them up well before sending.

Linda Sand

Edited by sandsys

Blog: http://sandcastle.sandsys.org/

Former Rigs: Liesure Travel van, Winnebago View 24H, Winnebago Journey 34Y, Sportsmobile Sprinter conversion van

I restocked my cupboards again today to be ready to leave Monday morning. All I have to do is top off the gas tank in the truck and hook up. Not much going on today. The weather was nice 94 with a cool breeze. Around 5:30 PM the wind kicked up a bit and I thought it might ran but no dice. By 6:00 PM we were back to a cool breeze. The park manager cranked up the BBQ and grill this evening and invited everyone over to a "Burn Your Own" dinner. Myself and one other man were the only men there with 6 women. We didn't stand a chance. Two of the gals brought a bottle of bubble soap and were playing like children blowing bubbles. I didn't eat because I'm trying to stay on my Low Sodium diet and the only thing I'd be able to eat is steak and I've already had steak twice this week and a 2 1/2 inch pork chop to boot. I enjoyed the company anyway. I must have been a better boy than I thought I had been the last couple of days because when I got home and took my blood pressure it was only 93 / 65 with a 67 bpm pulse. Thats almost too low. My new BP monitor takes three reading in a row with a 30 second wait in between, then averages them to give an accurate reading. It takes a while to take my BP and I can't even twiddle my thumbs while I'm waiting.

Hey, Lee, at least you've got blood pressure and a pulse, that's got to be a positive thing!

We pulled into the LaRelache campground about 5:00 this evening. It's just south of Quebec City on the south side of the ST. Lawrence river. It's a 2 minute drive to the bridge and there is a bus stop right over the bridge and for $3 you can get a bus right into the middle of the city. We checked in and the owner told us about a free Cirqe de soleil outdoor performance held outdoors right down town and then fireworks afterwords. We made it there and after a nice meal at an outdoor restaurant we were able to catch the show. Great performance and was glad I didn't have to drive in all that traffic and sea of humanity that showed up for the festivities. It was standing room only, and we were two rows back from the front of the stage. Our backs, hips, and knees, about gave out, but the action was so fast paced we almost forgot about it. Almost :blink: We were able to find our way back to the right bus stop, but it was not easy getting on the right bus. Everything in French, but we finally caught the bus and managed to find our truck again. What a night, I'm going to sleep until noon tomorrow before we try any more exploring. I'm going to pull a Steve zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz :D

"BessyBus ll"
ATT hot spot
Winegard Traveler
M&G Braking system
08 Dodge Dakota toad

1957 Johnson 5.5
SKP 98998 Class of "08"

We met Jeri and Terry for dinner last night in Longview. It sure was great to see them again and the food was good too. We're moving farther north on Monday. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Hey Guys,

Just how far north and where are you planning on moving to? It would be a real shame to miss a trip out through the San Juan Islands while your in the PNW.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

Steve is so tired, I think he must have thought that Bus was Bessy Bus and tried to tear it apart and put it back together again. He thinks we don't know that when we see his feet sticking out from under Bessy, He's just taking a Steve.

I got up and did a laundry the first thing this morning. Then I went out to top off the gas tank and get a couple bags of ice to put in my black tank to clean it out on the trip tomorrow. Whan I came back I dumped the tanks and took on some water then hooked up the truck. (OR. Did I hook up the trailer????) One way or the other I'm all ready to head up the road in the morning. It will feel good to be on the road again. (The last time I got on the road, some darn fool about ran over me. I forgot to get in my truck first.)

<br />Hey Guys,<br /><br />Just how far north and where are you planning on moving to?  It would be a real shame to miss a trip out through the San Juan Islands while your in the PNW.<br /><br /><font color="#FF8C00">Joe</font><br />
<br /><br /><br />

Joe,

We're going to Chimacum/Port Angeles area then on to Canada. Not sure what we will do there. All options are open. Drizzle and 60 degrees here in Silver Lake, Wa. this morning. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Tina and Jeff

Class of 2011

"RV there yet?"

2005 Gulfstream Endura

and a 1987 Jeep Wrangler

http://rvtravelswith...a.blogspot.com/

Joe,

We're going to Chimacum/Port Angeles area then on to Canada. Not sure what we will do there. All options are open. Drizzle and 60 degrees here in Silver Lake, Wa. this morning. Later.

Tina and Jeff

Cool, Chimacum Cafe has good food as well as a couple places in Pt Townsend, Waterside Pizza and Sirens. I'm guessing you will be taking the Ferry from Pt Townsend to Keystone (Coupeville) and then head north off Whidbey Island as you head for Canada. Trust me the Whidbey Island/Anacortes area would be worth a couple of days and you could do a walk on trip with the ferry out through the San Juans to Friday Harbor. All in all a good trip and time well spent enjoying the area. Let me know your schedule and perhaps we can meet up for Lunch or something.

Joe

Joe

The "Doghouse" 04 Tiffin Phaeton 40TGH

TOAD--2008 Dodge Dakota

7/30 Huntington, WV at a little tiny airport RV park just 4 miles off of I-64. The park is right next to a small grass runway and right on the Ohio River. The air strip is used by the Skydivers Club of West Virginia on the weekends. One little private plane was practicing touch and go this afternoon. Only here for one night but I bet the skydiving would be fun to watch.

7/31 a tiny little 6 site military RV park on the western outskirts of Richmond, VA.

After spending so much time out west this year, GREEN, looks beautiful but we sure hate trying to get used to humidity again!

Carol

The Simpsons

Fulltimers from Va. Beach, VA

2008 37' Hitchhiker, 2008 Dodge Ram 3500

blog: cas32.blogspot.com

7/30 Huntington, WV at a little tiny airport RV park just 4 miles off of I-64. The park is right next to a small grass runway and right on the Ohio River. The air strip is used by the Skydivers Club of West Virginia on the weekends. One little private plane was practicing touch and go this afternoon. Only here for one night but I bet the skydiving would be fun to watch.

7/31 a tiny little 6 site military RV park on the western outskirts of Richmond, VA.

After spending so much time out west this year, GREEN, looks beautiful but we sure hate trying to get used to humidity again!

Carol

Hey Carol

Where is Military RV Park? We always stay at Pocahontas State Park when visiting daughter.

Linda and Ed Lavin
lavinmh@yahoo.com

lee,, did you get a chance to go to city of the rocks? one of my favorite places in new mexico. also elephant butte area.

mike

I didn't go up to City of Rocks SP on this trip but I have been there many times before. While I'm at Deming I usually go up there for an afternoon outing but very seldom camp there. I'm not very fond of Elephant Butte. It's too busy and that high ridge where all the none electric sites are is so windy you can't enjoy it and the electric sites are way to close together. The view is beautiful but you can only look at that so long. I usually stay a Caballo SP when Im near Truth or Consequences. I like it down below the dam. It's protected from the wind. The bad news is, One of the ranchers cattle frequently get into the park when the river is low and you know what they leave behind. Fortunately the sun bakes every bit of moisture out of it so it don't stink up the place.

Hey Class. I left Deming this morning heading for Eagle nest. As I was just north of Truth or Consequences the truck learched like I had stomped on the break. Then everything felt alright. About another 10 miles down the road it did it again. So I stopped on the side of the interstate and found that my Umbelico cord had come out of the plug and was totally destroyed from hitting the pavement. I had no trailer breaks what so ever. I drove on into Socorro and got gas and asked about an RV repair place. No Dice. So I went on up to Bernardo to the Kiva RV park and Horse Motel. That's only 8 miles from where Dave (sailbad) lives. I got a space and started working my phone and found a Manufacturing company in Belen, NM that builds trailers of all types. I called them and they said they could take care of the problem and gave me an appointment for tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I had called Dave before calling them to see if he knew of a place but couldn't get a hold of him. He called this evening and we talked until the phone battery started complaining. He had been outside building a wind break fense beside his trailer and didn't hear the phone. Now it's time to get some vittles in me and go to bed early so I can drive the 35 miles to the Manufacturing place in the morning.

Edited by IYQ

Guest coldsmoke

I didn't go up to City of Rocks SP on this trip but I have been there many times before. While I'm at Deming I usually go up there for an afternoon outing but very seldom camp there. I'm not very fond of Elephant Butte. It's too busy and that high ridge where all the none electric sites are is so windy you can't enjoy it and the electric sites are way to close together. The view is beautiful but you can only look at that so long. I usually stay a Caballo SP when Im near Truth or Consequences. I like it down below the dam. It's protected from the wind. The bad news is, One of the ranchers cattle frequently get into the park when the river is low and you know what they leave behind. Fortunately the sun bakes every bit of moisture out of it so it don't stink up the place.

Hey Class. I left Deming this morning heading for Eagle nest. As I was just north of Truth or Consequences the truck learched like I had stomped on the break. Then everything felt alright. About another 10 miles down the road it did it again. So I stopped on the side of the interstate and found that my Umbelico cord had come out of the plug and was totally destroyed from hitting the pavement. I had no trailer breaks what so ever. I drove on into Socorro and got gas and asked about an RV repair place. No Dice. So I went on up to Bernardo to the Kiva RV park and Horse Motel. That's only 8 miles from where Dave (sailbad) lives. I got a space and started working my phone and found a Manufacturing company in Belen, NM that builds trailers of all types. I called them and they said they could take care of the problem and gave me an appointment for tomorrow morning at 8 AM. I had called Dave before calling them to see if he knew of a place but couldn't get a hold of him. He called this evening and we talked until the phone battery started complaining. He had been outside building a wind break fense beside his trailer and didn't hear the phone. Now it's time to get some vittles in me and go to bed early so I can drive the 35 miles to the Manufacturing place in the morning.

i have never camped at elepahant butte area (to many rattle snakes) just love the lake and fishing there. and your right real bad winds.

city of the rocks is very cool. from there we usually head up to gila cliff dwellings.

where you gonna be this winter ? i have a bottle of relaxation juice with your name on it

mike and deb