CLASS OF 2016

Let's see if I can manage - here in Wickenburg, AZ it was 70-72 today, will drop down into the 50's tonight.  We did have some cooler nights for a while, but it's been pleasant lately.  Tomorrow is  bringing us a t-storm with winds, then after a couple days back to the low 70's.  Tough job, but someone has to do it!

Hope everyone is fairing well, enjoying where ever you are and making plans for 2018 travels.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It has been a amazing first year!!! We spent the winter in Bushnell, got our domicile done and met some amazing people. Then headed north visiting the Chattahoochee National Forest then played in Paducah Ky, then back to florida to get repairs done on our rig, then traded it in, in Louisiana for something smaller. 44' was just to much. So now we are in a C Class deisel 36' . We just finished outfitting it for boondocking, and making it perfectly comfortable for 2 . Hello BLM :) Then we heading to Livingston Texas and volunteered at the care center. I was not feeling to well in Louisiana but thought it was the stress of switching rigs, and I probably just pulled a shoulder muscle. Low in behold, after 500 test and a week in the hospital I had a series of mini stokes. So I'm on the mends, and made some changes. After all that excitement we headed to Albuquerque NM and enjoyed the Albuquerque NM international ballon fiesta with the escapees group. That was the hightlight of the year!!! If you get the chance to do it.... We took a hot air balloon ride on our anniversary. ❤❤❤ then visited Carlsbad NM. We are now heading toward quartzside to see what all the fuss is about, then off to California for a 18 day cruise around Hawaii.

Cheers!!!

2014 Newmar Ventana

2016 Buick Enclave

21 hours ago, Angie Patrick 2016 said:

It has been a amazing first year!!! We spent the winter in Bushnell, got our domicile done and met some amazing people. Then headed north visiting the Chattahoochee National Forest then played in Paducah Ky, then back to florida to get repairs done on our rig, then traded it in, in Louisiana for something smaller. 44' was just to much. So now we are in a C Class deisel 36' . We just finished outfitting it for boondocking, and making it perfectly comfortable for 2 . Hello BLM :) Then we heading to Livingston Texas and volunteered at the care center. I was not feeling to well in Louisiana but thought it was the stress of switching rigs, and I probably just pulled a shoulder muscle. Low in behold, after 500 test and a week in the hospital I had a series of mini stokes. So I'm on the mends, and made some changes. After all that excitement we headed to Albuquerque NM and enjoyed the Albuquerque NM international ballon fiesta with the escapees group. That was the hightlight of the year!!! If you get the chance to do it.... We took a hot air balloon ride on our anniversary. ❤❤❤ then visited Carlsbad NM. We are now heading toward quartzside to see what all the fuss is about, then off to California for a 18 day cruise around Hawaii.

Cheers!!!

WOW - talk about a full year!  Glad you are on the mend - enjoy your cruise.  Aren't balloon rides fun?!!

70 today and then back to the 50's. 

Dara wants to go to balloon fest and ride in one too. glad to here your felling better.

we have today off so we took a ride and enjoyed lunch out. the hosting is not too bad, we have  a few baths to clean and check sites, 2 days on and 2 days off. the rangers are so nice and friendly to us. 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Steve, Dara and Mattie dog

• 2 months later...

Hello out there - anybody around?  Been 2 months since the last post so thought I'd bump this up and see what you are all up to.

I've been in AZ since Nov. 1 and will leave April 1 (no foolin')

Very pleasant winter, now looking forward to hitting the road north back into the green of the Pacific Northwest via  Nevada and Northern California. 

Hope everyone is safe and happy.

Hi - 

we are still at Topsail Hill State Park working as camp hosts, we have been having a great time. there are about 17 couples work camping here too. some of the volunteers had a valentines day party  for all us volunteers and Dara was elected princess (I think it was because it was her birthday) 

had rain, freezing nights and sunshine- it has been quite a winter. 

we will be leaving here on April 1st taking a few weeks to get to Little Rock to visit my MIL. 

anyone going to the Escapade? 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

We just got back from a 9 week stay in Grand Cayman enjoying the ocean and sunshine! Have three different rallies coming up with the Escapade being the last one. After that we are going to head up and travel across the northern part of the US exploring and taking our time. Hope to see and meet some of you at the rally!

Vicki

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

• 3 weeks later...

we left  Topsail State Park this past Sunday and stayed one night in Gulfport, LA and now we are in Delhi, LA at Poverty Point State Park. we leave here on Wednesday for Little Rock to visit Dara's mom for a month, then it's off to the Escapade with a stop in Branson so we can travel to the Escapade with our friend. 

we really enjoyed our time volunteering at Topsail so much so we decided to come back for 4 months  (December thru March) I will work maintenance the month of December and then we both will camp host the rest of the time. most everyone is coming back too so it will be a great time. 

Edited by Rav

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

Good to hear what you folks are up to!  Since April 1st I've been fighting wind/storms up thru AZ and NV.  Hopefully a break will show itself the first of this week and will be able to get across the mountains in sunshine!  Planning a meet with my brother in Sonoma County, CA for a week to revisit our old haunts of childhood (1950's/60's).  July will take me to Northern Alberta for a week or two - after that, zero for sure plans....lots of maybe's.  Safe travels to all.

it was cold and rainy in Little Rock the past few days. we stayed at Maumelle Park the first 3 nights then drove the 20 miles over to mom's. it was cold and some freezing rain when we got up but around noon the rain let up. we are now enjoying a nice sunny day and I can start working on my camper projects. 

we are hoping to get to Maine this year, working on that trip this week. 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

• 1 month later...

we made to the Escapade!! got here around noon, set up and registered. it was a nice drive from Hollister, Mo. it's 92 out right now but we were able to get into a 50 amp site. there were only a few people in line so we got to choose the site, Dara took a golf cart ride and found the one she liked best, not sure if they do this for everyone but it was a nice for us. 

If anyone from our class is here lets plan on getting together one day.

take care 

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

On 5/26/2018 at 3:34 PM, Rav said:

we made to the Escapade!! got here around noon, set up and registered. it was a nice drive from Hollister, Mo. it's 92 out right now but we were able to get into a 50 amp site. there were only a few people in line so we got to choose the site, Dara took a golf cart ride and found the one she liked best, not sure if they do this for everyone but it was a nice for us. 

If anyone from our class is here lets plan on getting together one day.

take care 

We are here at Escapade too. No one else from our class has responded though. Have a pretty full schedule but can always find time to meet new friends!!

Vicki and Mark 

Vicki, Mark and Sadie 

Fulltime and having fun!

2016 Newmar Ventana LE 

2019 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk 

we enjoyed meeting Vicki and Mark too. We all have been so busy at the Escapade, there is so much to do. Dara and I been learning so much at the seminars from Google photos to ideas to save space in the camper. the entertainment has be excellent. here we are at the first timers social 

Escapade 2018.jpg

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

14 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

My, how time flies by when you're having fun!!  Good job.

I'll celebrate 2 years on Oct. 6th...or was it the 7th...I sure don't remember :) 

make a 2 day celebration! LOL

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Just got back to the USofA on Thursday from a month long trip to Northern Alberta and BC.  Whew!  Traced my roots in Athabasca, Alberta, met some 4th cousins I didn't know existed, saw beautiful country, went places I'd only read about and had a great time.  Ready to sit for a while and regroup! 

Hope everyone is having a good summer of travels.  Let us know where you are.

glad to hear you had a great trip, it is always fun to meet new family. we finally made it to Maine last week and will be here for 6 weeks. we are staying in Thomaston at the Saltwater Farm Campground. we meet up with some friends here and they are showing us the area. Our first night they cooked lobster for us at their campsite. still hot and humid so we haven't done a lot of hiking yet, just a few in the morning. 

we are also enjoying being someplace for a month to slow down and catch up and figure out where to go next. 

take care

Steve

2016 Bighorn 3760EL

• 2 months later...

Today (or tomorrow) is my 2 year anniversary into full timing!  Whew - it's been a lot of travel, a lot of new friends, a few mistakes (!) and a really interesting time.  Sitting out some wind in Nevada, then will resume my trek to Arizona for the winter.

Already started a rough draft of my travels for next spring/summer/fall - not as many miles and will try to do longer stays as I go.  BUT, got the trips done that I'd been thinking about for years.  My brother and I visited northern Alberta - a trip we'd been talking about since 1980!  Back then I had NO idea I'd ever travel by RV, let alone live in one - but here I am.

Hope everyone has had a great 2018 and is looking forward, as I am, to next year.  Places on my list are the Pima Air Museum and the Very Large Array, plus hope to spend a month or two in northern AZ.  Enjoy your travels and keep us posted.

18 hours ago, dirtyboots said:

Today (or tomorrow) is my 2 year anniversary into full timing!  Whew - it's been a lot of travel, a lot of new friends, a few mistakes (!) and a really interesting time.  Sitting out some wind in Nevada, then will resume my trek to Arizona for the winter.

Already started a rough draft of my travels for next spring/summer/fall - not as many miles and will try to do longer stays as I go.  BUT, got the trips done that I'd been thinking about for years.  My brother and I visited northern Alberta - a trip we'd been talking about since 1980!  Back then I had NO idea I'd ever travel by RV, let alone live in one - but here I am.

Hope everyone has had a great 2018 and is looking forward, as I am, to next year.  Places on my list are the Pima Air Museum and the Very Large Array, plus hope to spend a month or two in northern AZ.  Enjoy your travels and keep us posted.

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! 2018 has been good to us too. good to get working on the next year as soon as you can- it is a great feeling to be looking forward to each new adventure. We just started using an app called RVParky - it is really easy to use and we can both plan the trips at the  same time, we just hit refresh and it loads the changes we make. really helped us out for our trip to Florida.

We are currently in Bar Harbor, Me leaving on the 10th to work our way to Topsail Hill State Park in Santa Rosa Beach, FL. We start working camping on Dec 1st and will be there until the end of March. 

safe travels and here's to many more anniversaries 

take care

2016 Bighorn 3760EL