Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

Have a great trip Tim and Mary! I hope your maiden voyage goes very well. I will be looking forward to hearing how your trip goes.

We will be leaving NY for Tennessee to pick up our new fiver in ten days!!

Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD

2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore

www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rain, rain, and wind. Michigan is a lot like Portland this week---WET. We are heading to Shipsawana, Indiana July 6 for 2-3 days. After that we will head out the blue roads across Ohio into Pennsylvania for a few days in Gettysburg. We will do a Civil War Battlefield tour as we return to North CArolina with stops in Antietam, Harpers Ferry, Manassas, Fredericksburg, and Appromattox.

Where are the other 2013ers this summer?

Tim and Mary

oin the road in Michigan

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

HEAT? Hear it has beem 98-103 back home in North Carolina and dry. Finally a day without rain here in Michigan. Great thing about being on the road quasi-fulltime is we can rewrite our schedule. We are now considering going to Wisconsin Dells from Indiana. We made the trip in 2003 for our honeymoon--but it was winter and cold. From the Dells we are looking at Green Bay and Door County and continuing into the Upper Penninsula to see Copper Harbour and the Keenawa Pennisula. LAst stop would be Mackinaw Island then back towards North Carolina. Having options can be problematic..

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Hopefully 01Jul13 we can go full time.or at least start getting closer to going full time some time in 2013.

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

Hopefully 01Jul13 we can go full time.or at least start getting closer to going full time some time in 2013.

Welcome 2013 classmate. Glad to see our class grow. I see you are a retired truck driver, so moving a RV down the road should be a snap.

I put together a 2013 class map HERE, I would be happy to add you if you want, just PM me with the info you would like included.

Welcome 2013 classmate. Glad to see our class grow. I see you are a retired truck driver, so moving a RV down the road should be a snap.

I put together a 2013 class map HERE, I would be happy to add you if you want, just PM me with the info you would like included.

The map looks good. Thank you.

Remember..."Without Truck Drivers America Stops" 

"I woke up still not dead again today!"
"Take me to the Brig....I want to see the real Marines" Lt.Gen. L.B. "Chesty" Puller during a Battalion inspection.
"Semper Fi"

Time to wash and wax the Coachmen before heading to Shipshewana Tuesday morning. Wednesday is auction day in Amish country then fresh pie at the resturant.

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Shipshewana is a nice place to visit. Maybe we are just too old for the touristy thing? Anyways. we are heading to Wisconsin in the morning. The Dells are a 6 hour drive and with 2 hounds , add another 90 minutes at least for snack and potty stops.

Tim and Mary

On the road to Wisconsin

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

We are at Bayshore County Park. This trip is really bringing out ALL the rattles and loose parts. THe starter has quit on the Dodge after we had it checked at the Farm and Fleet in the Dells and told it was good. ARGH!!

We have found a mobile mechanic (on craigslist) here in the area that is coming out today to replace the starter,

Tim and Mary

On the road (kind of) in Brown County Wisconsin.

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

We are at Bayshore Country Park. This trip is really brining out ALL the rattles and loose parts. THe starter has quit on the Dodge after we had it checked at the Farm and Fleet in the Dells and told it was good. ARGH!!

We have found a mobile mechanic (on craigslist) here in the area that is coming out today to replace the starter,

Tim and Mary

On the road (kind of) in Brown County Wisconsin.

Good luck with your repairs. Hope they turn out to be minor/inexpensive.

Enjoy your trip and keep your classmates posted.

Good luck with your repairs. Hope they turn out to be minor/inexpensive.

Enjoy your trip and keep your classmates posted.

What else are maiden voyages for but to chase the ghosts from your unit. The Dodge is happy happy happy...the starter has the cummins turning over like an Indy race car. Guess the old one must have been going for awhile compared to the way this new one spins...like day and night.

We leave Green Bay tomorrow for Copper Harbor, Michigan. As far northj as one goes and is still in Michigan. Fort WIlkins State PArk..

Tim and Mary

On the road (AGAIN) in Green Bay Wisconsin

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

OMG!! Copper Harbor is a wonderful wilderness...If you haven't been, you really have to see it before...well you know..it has to be on everyone's BUCKET LIST...No internet / cell phone but do we really need it for a few days?

Simply BEAUTIFUL!!

Tim and Mary

Michigan's Final Frontier

Copper Harbor where the pavement ends and Bears rule..

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Copper Harbor and all the Keweenaw Peninsula is gorgeous. It would take a week to see everything. Naext time we will stay at Baraga State Park and drive around. We are now at Van Riper State Park between Marquette and Ispheming. Really want to see Pictured Rocks tomorrow...

Tim and Mary

On the road in Michigan's Yooper Land

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Hello all. My husband and I may slip into the class of 2012 if things go really well for us, but, more than likely, we'll be in the 2013 class. We, along with our dog Guinness, currently live in Costa Rica where we have been living for the past four years, give or take. My husband and I moved to Costa Rica from the northern Virginia area (Reston), met Guinness, oversaw the construction of our home, learned to speak Spanish, and have met some wonderful folks, some who are even RVers. For the most part, it has been a great adventure, but we've decided that we're ready to return to "civilization as we knew it" and we're looking forward to our next adventure, which will be RVing in the U.S. The best thing about moving to Costa Rica has been, without question, meeting/finding Guinness. We call him our "rent-a-dog" since he was the guard puppy at a house we rented when we first moved here. Guinness worked his magic on us and became ours soon after we met him. So, he'll be joining us when we return to the U.S. He loves riding in the truck here, so I'm sure he'll love being on the road in the U.S. too.

I've been doing a lot of research online and find that this forum is a wealth of information. I've been following various blogs too, many of which also offer a wealth of information. At this point, we've pretty much decided that we want a Class A motor home, but, other than that, haven't made many decisions. That probably sounds a bit crazy to some of you. We believe we have our finances in order, but I may try to find some work along the way once we start RVing. My husband is a software developer and can work from any place with an internet connection. Internet connectivity certainly has been a challenge in Costa Rica!

Anyway, hope to meet many of you out on the road one day.

Bob, Janice & Guinness

40' 2001 DS Monaco Executive, towing 2009 Saturn Vue

Hello all. My husband and I may slip into the class of 2012 if things go really well for us, but, more than likely, we'll be in the 2013 class.

Anyway, hope to meet many of you out on the road one day.

Welcome classmate. There is a lot of great info and knowledgeable folks available on this site. We plan to be on the road mid 2013. We also have decided on a Class A and are leaning towards the Winnebago Tour.

We have a class map HERE.

If you would like, I will include you on the map. Just PM me (or post here) the info you would like included on the map.

Hope to meet you on the road.

Welcome Nink! Will you drive up from Costa Rica? That would be a great adventure. My wife's nephew drove a class C to central Mexico last year and left it on some property he and his wife bought.

Getting internet here on the road is tougher than it looks. We have crossed over the Big Mac and stayed the night at Ostego LAke State Park just south of Gaylord, Michigan. Today we pull into Brighton for 3 days rest before going back to the HEAT and Humidity of North Carolina...

Tim and Mary

One more day one our madien voyage in Otsego LAke

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Thanks for the welcome.

Archer, you may put us on the map from Reston, VA. Am I supposed to provide coordinates? It's very close to where BobVA and David B are located, so don't know if you can somehow show two names when someone clicks on VA.

Blue Road Blogger, no, we won't be driving from Costa Rica. We know folks who have made that journey, but it's not something we want to do. It's a hassle getting a vehicle across borders, plus we have a dog. From San Jose, we'll fly to the nearest airport in the U.S. that has the shortest flying distance and temperature to accommodate Guinness. From there, who knows? I'm enjoying following your travels.

Bob, Janice & Guinness

40' 2001 DS Monaco Executive, towing 2009 Saturn Vue

Our madien voyage is quickly coming to an end. We will be leaving Michigan Wednesday night for North Carolina. We are trying to avoid the heat and keep our hounds comfortable and out of the sun. Record temperatures forcasted this wek between Michigan and North Carolina---HIGH 90s to 100s.....Starting Thursday....

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Not sure where we fit in!

In March of 2010, after sellng our home in 45 days, we passed out our belongings to our kids and bought our RV.

This all came about July 2009 when my DH's plant closed after giving 37 dedicated years! After the initial shock,

we new we wanted to pursue our dream of the RV lifestyle. It was just a little earlier than planned! Everthing happened so

quickly but we were ready for the adventure. Then, out of nowhere, came a phone call around June 2010, from the plant

in North Carolina stating, "Do you want to come to work here?" After one evening of thought, we said "Why not!"

We move the RV and he started work Aug. 2010! We love living in the RV and also are very happy with the park we chose.

It's almost been a year and DH will work until the last half of 2013. At that time our plan is to hit the road!

After all that, my question is, were we 2010 graduates or will we be 2013 graduates?

I guess we can be whatever we want! :P

It just would be fun to belong somewhere!

Don and Suzanne

"Angel" the Min. Schnauzer

Native Texans

After all that, my question is, were we 2010 graduates or will we be 2013 graduates?

I guess we can be whatever we want! :P

It just would be fun to belong somewhere!

I think you said it. If you decide you are 2013'ers, we are happy to have you as class mates.

We have a 2013 class map showing where everyone on is from. HEREis a link. If you would like to be included in the map PM me or post the info you would like included here.

Archived