Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Haven't posted here in a long time; starting my 18th month of full timing.

The winter chill is just starting here in Illinois and I will be heading south in about a week. First stop will be southern Illinois, then central Georgia and South Carolina. Will spend most of the winter in Florida again. Mostly hopping from state park to state park, but will also do a week in the Keys at an RV park.

Ford F350, Supercab, 4x4, 6.2L, 4.30 axle, DRW, slide in camper package, 13,300 GVWR. AF 1150, wet bath, solar.

• 4 weeks later...

image_map.png

We've just wrapped up our 2014 Adventure to the Pacific Northwest - we had a wonderful time! We'll slow down for the winter, a couple of months just east of Houston and then a couple of volunteer camping stints.

I've done a couple of blog entries about our 2014 Adventure.

This one is a wrap up of our journey: http://pastorscott.com/travel/2014-adventure-wrap-up/

This one is a list of lessons learned this year: http://pastorscott.com/travel/2014-adventure-lessons-learned/

Our "Here and There" Blog

2005 Safari Cheetah Motorhome

Looks like a super adventure. I'm a little jealous. Next summer we will once again be trying our Colorado adventure which had to be cut short this year.

We are finally getting out of the week long cold weather that has hit us in Florida. It is supposed to be 85 today in central Florida. Boy am I glad we are no longer in western NY. To get a whole year's worth of snow in 2 days is just beyond belief.

GS Lifetime #822128658, FMCA #F431170

2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Extended Class B

• 2 weeks later...

We've decided to spend winters here in Citrus Park in Bonita Springs, FL for the foreseeable future. We closed this morning on a permanent trailer on another site here. It's more of an anchor point than a home base. I still expect to spend most of the year drifting around in the RV. Do I have to turn in my FT card? LOL!

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

We've parked and stored the motorhome in Atlanta Texas, while Alice and I drove the toad up to Ohio & Michigan visiting relatives. Right now, we are at our S & B north of Grand Rapids, MI, staying with our Daughter & Son-in-Law and new granddaughter, who are keeping the house for us.

Gotta admit... being in Michigan during December sure makes one appreciate Arizona.

After the Holidays, Birthdays, etc, around 2nd week in January, Alice and I will drive back to Texas, load up the motorhome, and head west... to Arizona for our 3rd year traveling. We really enjoy this lifestyle!

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

Well, after a difficult year (all has been posted) we are ending 2014 on a super high note. After 28 months, our youngest daughter and her husband were finally able to adopt Miss Emily on National Adoption day on Nov. 22nd. Then, 2 days ago, our first great granddaughter, Miss Christy, was born in Memphis. She is a whopping 10 pounds 10 ounces, WOW!

Like I said we are finishing the year on a very high note. Let's keep it up for 2015.

Merry Christmas and a very Happy New Year to all my fellow classmates and indeed the entire RV community!

• 2 months later...

Well, this group has gone very quiet. We are trying to get back in the swing of things after my extended stay in the UK. My mother passed away at the beginning of September. Bryan came to join me to help and arrived on the day that she passed. It was a blessing for her and I was fortunate that I got a couple of months with her. We stayed until our return ticket dates of November 25th and then returned. Have been making our way toward Pensacola as Bryan has jury duty at the beginning of March. His original summons was while we were in UK and we asked to cancel but they would only postpone!!

Good news, our youngest son and his wife are expecting their first child in September, so we will hopefully be spending next winter in San Diego.

Hope everyone's plans are going well. Keep safe & well.

Well, I'll check in too. We are spending three months this winter doing our first stint as workampers. We are volunteering with the Texas State Historical park at San Jacinto Monument and the Battleship Texas. So far so good. Nice people and interesting things to do for our 25 hours a week commitment. We expect this to be part of our annual schedule.

CLjg5LF.png

Sounds very interesting. We will be heading out in about 6 weeks to Crawford SP in Colorado for our first volunteer stint.

• 4 weeks later...

Well I ha e not been on here for a long while. We are getting ready for our third summer trip. Going to the mid-west and doing some square dancing in Missouri, Indianapolis, and site seeing through Michigan and possibly the UP and work our way back along through South Dakota, Montana and down to Oregon. Depending on time. Hope everyone of the members of Class of 2013 has a safe and an enjoyable summer.

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

• 2 weeks later...

This Summer, we will be workamping at Hart Ranch, outside of Rapid City, South Dakota. We have spent time there the past two years and simply love the Park and surrounding area. Of course... getting therefrom Arizona this Spring... and moving on from there this Fall... is Half the fun!

Best Wishes to all.

Jim

2007 Dolphin

• Safe-T-Plus Steering Bar

Our Blog: Click Here

• 3 weeks later...

I'm feeling a bit like a bear might feel as it comes out of hibernation. Our winter of volunteering is coming to an end and we're about to head out on the road again. We enjoyed our first volunteering gig, working at San Jacinto Monument and the Battleship Texas for a few months, but we're ready to get back to what we retired to do: travel! Our 2015 Adventure should take us to the upper Midwest - Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan, and of course, all the states between Texas and there.

See you on the road!

We are still in Louisiana as I have been having some health problems that we are trying to get sorted out. Have been here since February with a 3 week break in Pensacola. Hoping to escape and get back on the road by early June as long as I get everything sorted. Will be heading West to San Diego and hopefully take a flight to Victoria, Vancouver Island to see friends for the summer before returning to San Diego mid August to await the birth of our grandson in early September.

• 2 months later...

Our 2015 Adventure is about half way over. We've been enjoying Wisconsin and will be moving to the UP of Michigan for the next month.

For a while I was starting to think we'd made a mistake because the heat seemed to be following us north. We're now in the low 80's and supposed to be in the 70's during our time in the UP. Looking forward to that.

Scott, That sounds so much better than this 100 degree heat we are enduring down here in Texas on Lake Conroe. We left Colorado too soon, but the Gkids were wanting to spend some time with us at the lake.

Time with the grandkids makes it worth it - still, though, we've been enjoying the milder temps and it's supposed to cool down even more next week, to the low 70's/high 60's. Ahhhhh.

• 1 month later...

Well, today is the second anniversary of our new full-time lifestyle. We have been at our first camp-host gig since 29 May and have enjoyed our stay at Absaroka Bay RV Park in Cody, Wy.

We have enjoyed the 2 years of full-timing and look forward to many more.

John

John and Sharon
2011 HH 38LKTG
2001 4700LP
2014 Chevy Cruze Diesel

Yikes! It's been about 2 years since I last posted here. How time . . .

Anyway, about a year ago we bought a Park Model in Lake Havasu City. Great views of the lake and Winter sunsets. To pay it off early we took a work camping job in Bishop, CA this Spring & Summer. It's been a great experience & the pay ain't bad either.

However, the highpoint has to be staying in the Sierra Nevadas . . .

Zow! If you haven't been, get your but here . . . some highlights:

Two lessons learned about the West/Southwest . . .

• The higher up you go the cooler it gets -- a Summer lifesaver
  • Keep track of where the smoke is during fire season -- cough! cough!

SKP #79313 / Full-Timing / 2001 National RV Sea View / 2008 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
www.rvSeniorMoments.com
DISH TV for RVs

Archived