Class of 2013 is awful quiet

archer

• Replies 968
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We have spent the day pulling the flooring / carpeting out of the 5er. It looked like a quick job...until we lifted the rolled linoleum and it left behind the paper backing. ARG!!

The last few hours were spent scrapping the backing off the fiber board, Started with a 8 X 7 foot area and got it down to a 5 x 7 area in a matter of 3 hours!!

Anyone have a method for removing that paper backing? We thought maybe some water?

Tim and Mary

The Sandhills of North Carolina

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

We have spent the day pulling the flooring / carpeting out of the 5er. It looked like a quick job...until we lifted the rolled linoleum and it left behind the paper backing. ARG!!

The last few hours were spent scrapping the backing off the fiber board, Started with a 8 X 7 foot area and got it down to a 5 x 7 area in a matter of 3 hours!!

Anyone have a method for removing that paper backing? We thought maybe some water?

Tim and Mary

Maybe a heat gun would soften it and make it scrape off better??

Maybe a heat gun would soften it and make it scrape off better??

After giving it a day or two to dry, it seemed a little easier to scrape. We have the tile down in the straight areas we didn't have to cut. Tomorrow we will trim the tiles around the corners and angles. Forgot the camera in the 5er so we will have a picture tmorrow..

Tim and Mary

1998 Dodge 2500 QCLB CTD 4 X 4 -- 1998 Coachmen Catalina 320 RKS 5er -- CLASS OF 2013?

"It don't matter which way you go, when you're callin' the highway your home."------Waylon Jennings

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

It really looks great. We will be doing the slideout in the future...

http://www.blueroadb..._fuse_Large.jpg

http://www.blueroadblogger.com/Floor_all_stair_Large.jpg

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Well, we are sitting at Mountaindale Cabins and RV Resort outside of Colorado Springs, CO. practicing our FT skills :) . We will be practicing for the next couple weeks.

What a beautiful place to be doing it. IS there still snow in the high grounds of the Springs?

Tim and Mary

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

• 2 weeks later...

Going for tires on the 5er this week. Have the unit partially loaded. Truck is good to go. We head out of North CArolina on the afternoon of June 13 for Michigan. We have to be there by June 16th for the youngest's wedding. We will be staying for 2 weeks or so. Then we will head south (east?) and slowly work our way back to North Carolina by July 14 or so...

SInce we missed the raputure, all we have to look forward to now is 2013!!

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Going for tires on the 5er this week. Have the unit partially loaded. Truck is good to go. We head out of North CArolina on the afternoon of June 13 for Michigan. We have to be there by June 16th for the youngest's wedding. We will be staying for 2 weeks or so. Then we will head south (east?) and slowly work our way back to North Carolina by July 14 or so...

SInce we missed the raputure, all we have to look forward to now is 2013!!

Have a safe trip.

I don't when, if ever, I will be totally FT, but I made my deal on my itty-bitty rig today and plan on starting to weekend and PT as soon as possible with an eye toward either being a "part-timer with an attitude" or a "full-timer with an asterisk" in 2013 and 2014. For the past year I've been working on generating income streams and hunting down and researching rigs. Well, out of the blue, my offer was accepted today and in a week or so when all the paperwork settles down, I should have my very own little Toyota to bop around in. With just me and my Chihuahua, we don't need much and I am looking at fuel economy and something I can park anywhere. So, if there is a meet-and-greet or if any of y'all find yourself in southeast Kansas, let me know!

Toyota Girl! (I love saying that)

I don't when, if ever, I will be totally FT, but I made my deal on my itty-bitty rig today and plan on starting to weekend and PT as soon as possible with an eye toward either being a "part-timer with an attitude" or a "full-timer with an asterisk" in 2013 and 2014. For the past year I've been working on generating income streams and hunting down and researching rigs. Well, out of the blue, my offer was accepted today and in a week or so when all the paperwork settles down, I should have my very own little Toyota to bop around in. With just me and my Chihuahua, we don't need much and I am looking at fuel economy and something I can park anywhere. So, if there is a meet-and-greet or if any of y'all find yourself in southeast Kansas, let me know!

WAY COOL!!

It is indeed a process. We too are researching income opportunites to supplement our Workamper experiences. We took almost a year to find our diesel pick up and another 4 months to find our 5th wheel...

We are coming your way in 2012 during our Yellowstone tour. If you are still in Kansas, we would ove to visit over lunch or even breakfast...

Tim and Mary

Sandhills of North Carolina

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Have a safe trip.

Are you two going to be able to get out this year? Give us an excuse to come by Missouri and make s'mores...

Tim and Mary

Sandhills of North CArolina

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

WAY COOL!!

It is indeed a process. We too are researching income opportunites to supplement our Workamper experiences. We took almost a year to find our diesel pick up and another 4 months to find our 5th wheel...

We are coming your way in 2012 during our Yellowstone tour. If you are still in Kansas, we would ove to visit over lunch or even breakfast...

Tim and Mary

Sandhills of North Carolina

I'll definitely still be in Kansas, so definitely post when you are going to be this way!

I made my deal on my itty-bitty rig today and plan on starting to weekend and PT as soon as possible...

It's always exciting to see someone take the steps to do what is 'right' for them. Hope you really enjoy your new rig. It sounds like just the thing to learn the ropes. Have fun! I'm still a year and a half away from a rig, but working toward it day by day. Keep us posted about your adventure.

Pleinguy

Solo Fulltimer

2004 Lazy Daze 23.5ft Twin-King

Class C Motorhome
PleinAirJourney.com

The 5er has new treads! Drove to Cary (50 mile round trip) for a set of Carlisle 235/80/16. Truck ran great and the tires make a world of difference.

We have new shocks for the Dodge as well. All we need to finish before our 2 month summer adventure is loading the 5er.

June 13 we will be on the road.

We are considering a trip to Fayetteville Monday for the Memorial Day festivities...

Tim and Mary

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

The 5er has new treads! Drove to Cary (50 mile round trip) for a set of Carlisle 235/80/16. Truck ran great and the tires make a world of difference.

We have new shocks for the Dodge as well. All we need to finish before our 2 month summer adventure is loading the 5er.

June 13 we will be on the road.

We are considering a trip to Fayetteville Monday for the Memorial Day festivities...

Tim and Mary

Congrats - I'm jealous. We are stuck in our tiny TT until we sell our house. Glad to hear you are on track. 2 months will be a great shake down cruise. Have fun and be sure to post updates and a few pictures.

I was wondering if this economy has caused 2013'ers to reconsider their target date.

It has definitely impacted us. Not nearly as much money in the nest egg as expected at this point or equity in the house. We still plan to hit the road July, 2013. Just feeling a little less comfortable.

We hope we can make up some of the loss over the next 2 1/2 years.

2013 - Sound Off - Have your plans survived????

I'm new to this site. Just found it. I turn 60 next week... looking to FT in 2 years. I know I'm going to be poor. Social Security and a little 401k. I am going to have to declare bankruptcy because I am under water on my house. That bothers me a LOT because I pay my bills and have great credit. But I do have to leave. I work for a local government and I am lucky I am set to be retained for 2 more years.

I have two dogs and a cat so I am interested to see how you manage that... especially my cat since she is an indoor/outdoor cat. I also have questions about how do you get a drivers license and plates if you don't have an address. So I will read the posts and see what you all have to say.

Also I am interested in camping in Mexico. I want to hear experiences about that, especially from single women.

Hoping to learn a lot and get to know you all.

Leda

I'm new to this site. Just found it. I turn 60 next week... looking to FT in 2 years. I know I'm going to be poor. Social Security and a little 401k. I am going to have to declare bankruptcy because I am under water on my house. That bothers me a LOT because I pay my bills and have great credit. But I do have to leave. I work for a local government and I am lucky I am set to be retained for 2 more years.

I have two dogs and a cat so I am interested to see how you manage that... especially my cat since she is an indoor/outdoor cat. I also have questions about how do you get a drivers license and plates if you don't have an address. So I will read the posts and see what you all have to say.

Also I am interested in camping in Mexico. I want to hear experiences about that, especially from single women.

Hoping to learn a lot and get to know you all.

Leda

Greetings Leda,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

What we have come to realize is there are sometings that aren't worth the worry--it will be what it will be. We have and are going through VERY similar circumstances. We decided to look for what makes us happy, find ways to do it and finally follow our bliss. So in two years we will take our two dogs, the Dodge and Catalina 5er and head west. There seems to be ample part time / temporary employment around the country to keep us mobile.

Also, you will find a few options for the driver license dilemma. It will require some travel and decisions on your part. I belive if you do a search for DOMICILE, you will find a wealth of info. Also there are many folks here with experience and the "did that, done that" insight.

WELCOME and don't fear the future, beacuse it's only filled with hope and dreams...

Tim and MAry

The Sandhills of North Carolina.

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Greetings Leda,

YOU ARE NOT ALONE!

What we have come to realize is there are sometings that aren't worth the worry--it will be what it will be. We have and are going through VERY similar circumstances. We decided to look for what makes us happy, find ways to do it and finally follow our bliss. So in two years we will take our two dogs, the Dodge and Catalina 5er and head west. There seems to be ample part time / temporary employment around the country to keep us mobile.

Also, you will find a few options for the driver license dilemma. It will require some travel and decisions on your part. I belive if you do a search for DOMICILE, you will find a wealth of info. Also there are many folks here with experience and the "did that, done that" insight.

WELCOME and don't fear the future, beacuse it's only filled with hope and dreams...

Tim and MAry

The Sandhills of North Carolina.

Thank you for the welcome!... I also am from and currently live in SE Michigan. I love your attitude. I looked at your blog a bit. Thanks for the Domecile hint. I looked it up and yes, there is lots of good information. I think I have reading material for the next two years on this site. Camping with cats included. Unlike you my children live all over the country so for me this is a way I can see them more.

Thank you for the welcome!... I also am from and currently live in SE Michigan. I love your attitude. I looked at your blog a bit. Thanks for the Domecile hint. I looked it up and yes, there is lots of good information. I think I have reading material for the next two years on this site. Camping with cats included. Unlike you my children live all over the country so for me this is a way I can see them more.

We are hoping to interest the kids / grandkids in traveling during the summer. There is so much to read and learn about being on the road and that doesn't even cover your choice of travel.

Mary and I liken it to being modern day nomads. Like you, we will have no real base after 2013 other than a friend (shhhhhh....don't let "them" hear me say that) or a letter of intent to reside in some far out locale like the frozen tundra od South Dakota or the desert regions of Texas. But one has to play the silly games established by those in power or risk chastisment.

You will always have a great destination in that you will always be heading towards family!! Although the sights inbetween are really nice as well...

Tim and Mary

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

This is it. The last weekend before our madien voyage On Monday we pull out and start the first leg of our trip. Since we are leaving in the afternoon, our plans are to cover about 150 miles. By leaving in the afternoon, we will be in the Appalachians early in the morning rather than mid-afternoon when traffic and weather can be a greater factor. Any 2013ers on the road this side of the Mississippi who would like to share some coffee?

We will keep the class of 2013 up-to-date on out travels..Michigan---->Gettysburg---->Philadelphia----->Williamsburg------>Richmond / Appomattox Courthouse.

Tim and Mary

My Sun Benders

Our Blog

Archived