What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

I think I met him at Busn' USA this past June. He was always in the kitchen! :P

We do intend to make it up to the NW next year as I have relatives in Oregon and Washington. And a good bus buddy in Vancouver, WA.

Can't wait to get out of this West Texas nothingness!

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David & Lorna Schinske

Today, I am setting (but not installing) the two RV chairs we picked up last night off the Freecycle listings inside the bus. They will have to be reworked (pedestal cut down) because they have to sit over the front wheel well. I love freebies. Especially if they are in good shape like these chairs are. They came out of an 80's Rv so of course they are brown. That's okay, I can work with that. My other colours (based on a stained glass backsplash I have designed) will be peach/apricot, white and blue with touches of yellow (backsplash is blue/purple morning glories, peach/apricot roses and shasta daisies with butterflies). Like Green, Brown is a Neutral colour.

I just scored a gas (already converted to LP) stove for $50...woohoo!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

John (and occasionally my wife Liz)

Former rigs: 1976 Holiday TT, 1984 Ford B-700 school bus

Current rig: 1993 International Genesis FE school bus conversion.

I can say we have fresh fuel in the tank. In the last 2 days we have ran about 200 gal. through the Eagle and are sitting in Wakeeney, KS for the night. Due to the night time low temps we pulled into the KOA. Gives us a 50A plug in and a sewer dump. The owner asked if I had stayed at a KOA before and I said well this one about 40 years ago. He did a double take and I said well I know it was in the '70s and we were in a tent. New owner just bought the place less than a year ago and came from Cave Creek AZ. I hope he is ready for a real winter. This place has them!!!

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

Paul, have been running behind the storm. We saw some snow in the shade of trees, etc. Should I look for some robins egg blue poly jumpsuits for Anne? An RV stor in TorC NM sells a vairety of Scrubs. I thought OH KAY the new jumpsuit.

By the way she did great and really like straight roads and shoulders. Her first drive was Northish of Alamogordo in the mountains with no shoulders and steep drop offs. I will say she is the brave on for riding shotgun on those roads.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Liz and I finished insulating the inside walls in the Genesis...I think we're on (if anything, a bit ahead of) schedule to be road-ready by April and can make the goal. The stuff for the ceiling is ready to go, but we need to get the cabinets in first. (And, of course, we still haven't finalized the floorplan...)

The goal: able to go a week-plus of boondocking without having to dump tanks or add anything but fuel.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well yesterday was spent at Jefferson Bus in OKCto have the front suspansion raised the brakes adj. and some radiator hoses replaced.

MY my does it ride better now.

Thank Jeff and your fine crew.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

I have done nothing... got a cold and have spent the non-working time getting the food cart ready for winter operations. We've worked events for the past 4 Saturdays (long, long days). We have to work an event this Saturday (and on State Park Property... AMAZING, I didn't think that was possible... guess it's different if they ask for us to set up). But hopefully Sunday & Monday will be nice enough to paint the additional stuff we had to build for the cart. Perhaps then I can get back to the bus. I was hoping to be moved into it the day before T-day (my home gas range is sitting inside it... I like it... cooks bread & pies beautifully... unlike the RV oven). That won't be happening. I guess I will shoot for C-mas Eve??? David is taking a few days off over T-day so perhaps I can get him to work on it with me.

We starting another project.......Go figure! :lol:

My wife has wanted a bar with two chairs for eating and computer stuff. So we are going to modify our existing computer desk and make it a work station for me. It already contains our printer and shelf for supplies. I'll use our 32" VIZIO flat screen tv for a dual monitor, which will make my work much easier. I'll make the bar around 12" deep X 48" long, cover it with marble or granite, whichever my DW picks out! I'll use the same material to cover my desk top. Which was designed for that when I built it out of solid oak, just never got around to adding the top over the existing oak plywood. Then I will buy me a quality office chair to do my 'puter work. The one I have now was purchased at Target and is on the cheap side of the comfort zone.

After it's all said and done, it will give us some additional seating for guests also! :huh:

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

We installed out little fireplace stove last night to help keep us warm on a cold winters night! Bought it at Sam's for 70 bucks, has two speeds and a thermostat. Best part is, no wood to cut and no chimney to clean out! HA

FireplaceStove003.jpg

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Is that gas or electric? Why is it all the little fireplaces that I look at out here are electric? Back in NC/TN/GA the big box lumberyards had lots of LP gas fireplaces. They also has plenty of pink and/or blue polyiso foamboard in various thicknesses... here they just have lousy, crappy styrofoam (1/2 the R-value).

Guest JUGGERNAUT
We installed out little fireplace stove last night to help keep us warm on a cold winters night! Bought it at Sam's for 70 bucks, has two speeds and a thermostat. Best part is, no wood to cut and no chimney to clean out! HA

FireplaceStove003.jpg

We had installed the same good looking unit in our fiver just under the large rear picture window. I hope it lasts longer then ours did; belly up during the second winter. Unable to get into them for repairs, they're made as throw away units. The good thing that came out of the cozy feeling of seeing;feeling an almost real fire, was replacing it with a Blue Flame gas heater.

Polished and polished, and polished some more. She is beautiful now.

John & Cheryl Hintsala

"Orphan Annie"

2001 Bluebird LXi

Ravishing Rubi '09 Rubicon Unlimited

Smiling Jack '99 Harley Ultra Classic

riding on Rob, the ramp out back

Ocean Park, WA

Liz and I both put in a solid ten-plus hours yesterday, got LOTS done: tanks test-fitted, discovered we'll need slight tinkering with the floorplan (have to adjust a wall about 2") if I actually want to be able to get them OUT later.

We test-fitted the stove (boy, am I glad I have the big WC lift door, which is DEFINITELY staying), should work as planned. Lesson from my B-700: it will be raised about 3" so we don't have to do deep-knee bends to use the oven or broiler. This also lets it be closer to the wall, since we can run the LP line in from underneath. Mental note: call appliance place Monday and see if they can get me a manual for it, so I know how close I can install it.

Found that one of the junk TT's I found (for a whopping $150) had a NEW toilet...not even hooked up, still has the factory caps on the fittings. (Also found it has no black tank, which is probably why...) I wasn't set on an RV toilet...but geez, I'm not going to pass that up! The junk TT also has a working (Dometic) roof A/C with heat strip. (Heat strip, WOOHOO!) Well...looks like my A/C units won't match (one Dometic, one Coleman), but I don't care.

Began building cabinets & walls...once that's done, we can get the ceiling started. Still looking for a 3-way fridge & a genset.

So: will 120 gallons of gray water (2x45, 1x30) and 45 gallons of black water be enough, you think? :)

Today, my uncle will be here...he's teaching Liz and me how to change Dayton wheels. :)

Wait... ;) .

I finished one of two cabinets yesterday for our bedroom. It's made from solid red oak, corner cabinet and came out super! I'm hoping the granite we ordered comes in today so I can start building our eating bar and my computer work station. If not I'll tear out the other cabinet I made several years ago in the bedroom and start to build that one.

We sold our Splendid W/D combo the other day so we can now remodel our 8' closet. When we bought the Splendid, we did not have plans to fulltime. Our thoughts were long trips with a home for a base. It's funny how life leads you down a different road than planned. We didn't use it that much and will not miss it.

My DW needs more space for her clothes! ;)

We're having fun now! :D

BedroomCabinetPS001.jpg

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Way 2 go Paul. Looks good.

We have our Spendid 2000 vented for sale also.

I had thought we might like to have that option but one trip to the laundry seems to be Anne's choice.

Cold moving in here in the Wichita area we are doing fine and the big blue bird seems happy.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

We received our granite yesterday for our little mini eating bar. Now all I have to do is buld it! ;)

We bought a couple of parson's chairs last night. A local furniture store is closing and we got a deal! Becky is still having a hard time believing we found these. She checked online at the store's website, found the color and sytle she wanted. They just happened to have two chairs available of the exact ones, unbelievable! I like that kind of shopping, pick, buy and get out! :lol:

Happy Thanksgiving to All!

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Jerry, We have some good friends in Yuma that own a Prevost. They are from Vancouver, WA. This is their first year as snowbirds and they are having a ball. I see you are from Oregon, I grew up in Salem. Can't wait to head up there next year and spend some time with family.

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Yes Paul, Remember we live just down the hill from Valsetz. We have been on the road for almost a month and will be glad to stop and settle down for a little while in the warmth. We are going to Los Algodones for some dental work. Then somewhere out in the desert.

Jerry

Jerry, I guess I forgot that. We lived in Valsetz until 1961, small world huh! Now it's nothing but a tree farm! No more fishing in the log pond, my Dad lost a watch and lots of lures in that pond!

Stay warm,

Paul

Becky and Paul Lawry

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

We moved to a diff. RV campground. Still in the Wichita area just closed to town and we have lots of friends to see here in the Air Capital.

We also are sitting level. When I retired in Aug. I recieved a gift card for Sears. The other day I had a way cool idea flash in the grey matter. We went to the Craftsman tool area of said store and bought a lazer level. This one sits on 3 adjustable legs. I then sit it above the rear axle in the bathroom measure the beam height right at the unit then go to the front above the front axle. Measure the beam height. The diff. between the 2 is the amount of 2X lumber I need to drive up onto. Works like a charm. I also can measure from side to side to determine if the site is good that way. The reason I say I set the unit in the rear and shoot to the front is, the front is still about an inch lower than the rear.

Now the bathroom door does not try to have it's way with me while resting in library.

We were here from Jan. of this year till the end of July. We have had a steady flow of friends stopping by that we got to knowthen. For some this is home.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Archived