What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

Are you using the basic or advanced uploader? Try the other one.

They both work for me.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

• Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

Restrung a pleated day/night shade yesterday. Gonna exercise that one for a few days before doing the rest. The Internet suggestion to use fishing line didn't work for me. Wasn't big enough to engage the holding mechanism. Had to redo it with nylon mason's string. Reused the old plastic pulls but will be on the lookout for something unique to replace them.

Safe travels and Happy New Year!

Not a Bus person, but in regard to the restring of day/nights. I went through all kinds of string and cord until I found one that would work for more than a year. I bought some 140# woven nylon kite cord at a kite sales booth at a flea market. In our case, our Tiffin had brass "eyelets" for string guides, so after a few years they wore and shortened the life of the replacement strings. If your blinds have nylon guides through the rails, as used on United Shade's product, you will not be restringing near as often. We took out all 8 of our D/N shades and replaced them with United Shade's 2 roll shades in each new oak valance that I made. Reason for the new valances was the depth of the shade, total cost for 8 shades and 3/4" red oak for the valances on 3 sides was around $1100 two years ago.

Teacher's Pet

'06 40' Phaeton QSH 350 Cat.

'04 R-Vision B+ Model 213, 6.0 Chevrolet.

http://www.skoolzoutforever.blogspot.com

http://map.datastormusers.com/user3.cfm?user=3912

welcome back April W. have missed your input. would you happen to be in Q this weekend? the Eagle and GM buses are having rallies. we have 2 Prevost rigs with us Eagles.

LeRoy

ps I do not remember if I mentioned after our trip from Kansas to AZ that I really really like the air power steering I put on in the fall.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

Not a Bus person, but in regard to the restring of day/nights. I went through all kinds of string and cord until I found one that would work for more than a year. I bought some 140# woven nylon kite cord at a kite sales booth at a flea market. In our case, our Tiffin had brass "eyelets" for string guides, so after a few years they wore and shortened the life of the replacement strings. If your blinds have nylon guides through the rails, as used on United Shade's product, you will not be restringing near as often. We took out all 8 of our D/N shades and replaced them with United Shade's 2 roll shades in each new oak valance that I made. Reason for the new valances was the depth of the shade, total cost for 8 shades and 3/4" red oak for the valances on 3 sides was around $1100 two years ago.

The mason's string I used twisted up so I wouldn't recommend it. It was made like "laid" rope. Found some nylon string made like "braided" rope at a fabric store. Restrung one and it's working well so far.

My eyelets are brass and in good shape. Wasn't planning on replacing them.

We're discussing an extensive remodeling of our rig after attending the Tampa RV show. Not gonna spend mush until management decides on the remodel.

Safe travels,
roadhousecharley
Class of 13
SKP#115320
'92 Monaco Crown Royal Signature
'02 Jeep Wrangler
'03 Honda CBR1100XX Super Blackbird
24' Leonard Enclosed V-nose, Dual Ramp trailer

15433597052_970b68fe6d.jpg

welcome back April W. have missed your input. would you happen to be in Q this weekend? the Eagle and GM buses are having rallies. we have 2 Prevost rigs with us Eagles.

LeRoy

ps I do not remember if I mentioned after our trip from Kansas to AZ that I really really like the air power steering I put on in the fall.

Thanks!

As a matter of fact, we're going to be camped with the Boomers BOF starting tomorrow, staying through the week. Where are you guys parked, would love to see some other busnuts!

Sorry we missed meeting up. we were north of Rice Ranch in Quartzsite Market place. where the Gm and Eagles bus clubs had rallies. The GM folks has a Prevost or 2 and the Eagles had 2. Those rallies will be there during the first weekend of the big tent 2015. we left Sunday about noon and are in Yuma till the weekend when we return to Tucson till late April.

LeRoy

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Back on topic.

We took the jack knife sofa out to make room in our no slides bus. Left the recliner and added a Poang from Ikea. But the recliner has seen better days and the chair is not really suitable for the space available, so we ordered theater seating in Yuma. Should be in any day now, I'll post a picture after we install it.

• 4 weeks later...

Well the weather has been bad and I'm not likely to work out in it so I thought I would get some detail work done.
I have three battery banks and I wanted an easy way to monitor them. I built this little panel to be added to the original driver switch panel. I have a lot of room since I took out a lot of switches having to do with school bus things.

Here is the panel itself.
webBatteryMeterPanel4864_zpseb8b0eab.jpg

The run position shows start system voltage when engine is running. The other three positions are for start batteries, house batteries and the aux is for the bank I have for computer batteries. When the engine is not running the panel is off until you push the button below the meter. When engine is running, with the switch in the run position the meter is on all of the time. You can also check the other banks while engine is running by switching to the appropriate bank and pushing the button.

I built this junction block to be installed in the wiring junction box accessible from the outside under driver side window. It will keep the strain of big wires off of the back of the meter/switch assy.

webLowerConnection4867_zps1bc2b9e2.jpg

Detail of back of panel.

webBackOfMeter2_4871_zps49786ba9.jpg

The complete assy.

webWired4877_zpsf42260b1.jpg

We're expecting another 4 inches of snow this afternoon, then it's supposed to warm up the rest of the week. Hopefully I can get back to working on the bus next week.

Dick

My bus build http:/somewhereinusa.x10.mx

While attending Winter Blast in AZ we became friendly with some members of the boondocker BOF. Now the hubby is in the process of installing solar to the bus. Ordered 10 100w flexible panels from Renogy, will be starting the installation Monday. Here's a picture of one of the panels being tested, it was taken late in the day with long shadows and still put out 19.5 VDC.

1796458_10152230234843826_1109203746_n_z

• 3 weeks later...

If a little is good, a lot is better? :rolleyes:

Renogy had a sale this weekend so Fuzzy ordered another 1kw of solar panels. I guess we'll be good to go even in non optimal conditions now. ;) He will have 2kw of non movable panels on the roof of the bus.

And as for the upgraded seating, as promised here's a picture

1897786_10152233998153826_2039286665_n_z

• 1 month later...

Well I have not been around for a long time. this winter we pulled out the kitchen, bath and bedroom floor coverings and replaced it with Allure flooring from Home Depot. We used the Sheridan Slate style. no grout lines so it looks like a sheet of stone. had generator the motor overhauled in Tucson. you may remember that last spring we had to have the trans rebuilt. this past fall when we arrived back into Tucson we had them move the shift point up to 2000 rpm and only allow it to drop back to 1500 on the shifts. this puts the engine in the power range. when we returned to Kansas this spring to visit our daughter and family it was very pleasant to drive.

We will be camp hosting near Divide, CO above 9,200' so we will see how it works up there and since we go thru the area every year we know the prior performance.

LeRoy

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

• 5 weeks later...

Well this was a first for us. We are camp hosting in an RV park near Divide, CO. We arrive last Saturday less than a week after they had 14" of snow. We got backed into the host site and mostly level. well that did not last long so I tried some other leveling ideas that included going to the old wood pipe and bringing back enough to make long ramps to back up on. But the edge of the site was the problem and was working out from under the lumber and the jacks. We pulled forward and over about 2 feet and all is good.

Now to call Magnum service to have them help trouble shoot the dead house batteries batteries .

Y'all have a great summer.

LeRoy

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

• 4 weeks later...

my son took the advantage, while I was hospitalized, and clean the coach.

took two trips in his car to the dump.

Fulltiming since 1989.

No TLC's--

Accessing the internet with Wifi Evdo enabled mobile card from Verizon

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior on the road for Access to Internet, ask for Key.

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior for Access to Webpages in Bus.

http://roadwarrior.free-man.com/

Well this was a first for us. We are camp hosting in an RV park near Divide, CO.

We are in Woodland Park for the summer. If you get over this way stop and visit. You can find my email in my profile or on my website (link in sig line).

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Today, the swing arm on my front storage bay broke. Not the arms that raise/lower the door but rather the 3rd arm that keeps the raised door in proper alignment. Called Prevost and "of course" they no longer make this part so sometime in the next 30 days I should be able to get a new bracket for about $300. It's just one silly post welded to the arm bracket but taking the bracket off requires the entire door be unmounted from both sides, the part taken, repaired, replaced, start over again. I got some JB Weld and hope to use a bit to get it to stay where it belongs until the new bracket arrives.

Bill Adams
Full timer since 1997

• 2 months later...

We finally have put the finishing touches on a recent paint job. I had to do it all outside, in between wind, some rain, hot sun and bugs! :D

I'm so glad this project is checked off my list, it was quite an experience.

DreamscapeGarageBandWoodstockc_zps0388b2

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Bugs love fresh paint, looks like you survived the experience and got a beautiful finish on it.

First rule of computer consulting:

Sell a customer a Linux computer and you'll eat for a day.

Sell a customer a Windows computer and you'll eat for a lifetime.

Archived