What did you do to your bus today?

Liberty

Well today was a heavy duty repair day. I put one pcs. of stair nose back on the entry steps and moved the pull out trash can from behind the left sink door to behind the right sink door. Taht gives us a place to stand and still pull the trash can out to dispose ot stuff. Really handy especially after buying groceries. I think I need a rest whew.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

OK & KS now SD well sometimes

The journey is the trip not the destination.

http://2010liberty.wordpress.com/

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 412
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest David & Lorna Schinske

I got the shower window/panel completely put together and now I'm waiting for the caulking to dry so that I can prime and paint it. I bought the double glue chip glass on Friday and cut it on the wet saw on Sunday. Left a nice smooth edge on the glass.

I got the shower window/panel completely put together and now I'm waiting for the caulking to dry so that I can prime and paint it. I bought the double glue chip glass on Friday and cut it on the wet saw on Sunday. Left a nice smooth edge on the glass.

Howdy, Lorna.

Where did you buy the SolarFlex? We are located about 50 miles west of San Antonio, TX. We think that a coating of SolarFlex on our Bluebird Wanderlodge's roof might help keep the coach a little cooler in this hot Texas sun.

TIA,

Liz Pearce

Fulltiming in a 1993 Blue Bird Wanderlodge, 40 ft.

Lone Star Corral

Dhanis, TX

Howdy, Lorna.

Where did you buy the SolarFlex?

I bought it at the Home Depot on Eubank in Albuquerque. No primer needed! So one less thing to roll on the roof.

So far, this is what I got painted....

PIC_3770.jpg

PIC_3771.jpg

Rub Rails: Rustoleum Hammered Copper; Rustoleum Hammered used paint brush. Body: ACE RustStop custom tinted in Turquoise Bay A37-4 Gloss Rolled on with a foam roller Roof: Henry's SolarFlex, rolled on with a fuzzy roller.

And the shower window got installed...

PIC_3772.jpg

I cut down an original bus window frame and then pieced together a a blanked section and the sliding glass window. The double glue chip glass was bought at a Hobby Lobby. I cut the glass on our wet saw that we used to use for ceramic tile work. This gave me a nice smooth edge that wasn't sharp and I didn't have to worry about it cutting the original window retainer strip. I did have to cut the strip in half widthwise and glue the spliced part. It gives me an operational window in the shower are yet it still gives privacy since you can't see thru the glass. We looked thru several pieces before we found one that you couldn't tell what we held behind the glass (our hand)

We have been flushing the fuel tanks. Left Woodland Park, Co Aug. 15 and worked our way toward Cody WY left there Sat AM headed toward Weeping Wate,r NE. Currently sitting in Camp Walter World North Platte, Ne. Waiting to head on out. Had a wonderful silver Eagle Rally 35 busses incl. 2 Prevost.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Today I bought my bus. It is one that has already been converted. It's a 1977 International w/ a Carpenter body. Yes, it is a Skoolie. I currently have a limited budget but the itch to travel and enjoy camping was just too much to ignore. I doubt I'll be making any cross country trips, instead keeping to the Midwest for weekend and summer trips. I still have kids in school so the full-timing just isn't practical. For the price I just couldn't turn down such a well built beast of a RV. I had been looking at older TT and Motorhomes but even at twice the price couldn't find anything that was in this kinda good shape.

After I inspected, bought, tagged, insured (For full coverage w/ roadside assist. biggrin.gif ) & then drove it the 90 miles to get it home; I spent the evening going back over it making sure to double check everything and see how it all worked. I've already got a small list of minor TO-DO's and a couple of upgrades planned for later.

3mb3o53lf5O05T35W6b8k9d42d65189a916ec.jpg

My Bus

1977 International Harvester Skoolie

Today I bought my bus. It is one that has already been converted. It's a 1977 International w/ a Carpenter body.

Congratulations! I hope it brings your family many years of pleasure.

Arizona for a spell.

1995 HR Endeavor LE, 36' 460 Ford with Banks Systems
2005 PT Cruiser, 5-speed, ragtop

Today I bought my bus. It is one that has already been converted. It's a 1977 International w/ a Carpenter body....

Hmmm... that looks familiar.... "RavensOracle"!

• 2 weeks later...

Finished cleaning and resealing (in place) the rear glass and the glass in the door. Seems the rubber gasket lost the seal and leaked. So I removed the locking spline and cleaned the dirt out from between the glass and rubber as well as between the metal body and the rubber. The I squirted a bead of Henry's 212 elastometric roof patch between the glass/rubber and metal/rubber before putting the locking spline back in. After it dried, I used a razor blade to remove the excess that squeezed out. Paint thinner is used to clean up off the rubber and the metal. So the glass is all sealed and tomorrow, I start removing that last of the lights and painting the last of the bus. I also have been painting an older dorm fridge that we picked up over the weekend ($10). I'm painting it in the hammered copper. Sure looks good now.

I may have said so here before but our first RV was a 1957 GMC Superior body school bus.

we hauled our sand rail to the dune in. It had a Pontiac 389 motor. made a great 'tin tent'.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Congrats on the bus, C&N!

We're still working on plumbing, putting a different toilet this week, testing out the black tank. Had a lot of delays lately, darn it. Next is replacing the retreads on the rear which are showing signs of separating. And setting up an electrical box before it gets too cold here on the Oregon coast. :)

Kind regards

~Laughter is as essential as the air we breathe~

We are trying a new fangled thang. Yesterday we plugged the bus shore cord into a power cord coming from a power pole on our 1 acre property. We have been sitting here for 2 weeks and it is finally done. giving the big Perkins powered genset a rest. Now to get a trencher and do some sewer line work. No rush on this as the Mascerator still works and that wil connect us to the septic tank. MAY even Put a pump into the cased well so we could use our own water. Almost sounds like a private rv resort HOWEVER the owner does allow washing of vehicles, but who really wants to do that.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

We are trying a new fangled thang. Yesterday we plugged the bus shore cord into a power cord coming from a power pole ...

Hey that sounds really neat. I'll bet it would work great on our conversion. It may catch on and everyone will want to do that! :P:D

Do you think it would run the air conditioner? :unsure:

We have full 50A coming to the bus and that will tun both ACs and the hot water heater and the conv. / micro wave. Yes, we are power hogs. Happy wife happy life. Running the heater this PM.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

Now using a couple of Netbooks and 17 inch laptop on a Novatel MiFi 2200 on verixon.

This lets me network the computers together as well.

now 5 gallons of gas last 10 days, instead of 5 days.

Put new tarps on skylights to keep them from leaking.

Got the power washer out and gave the bus and good washing.

Parked right in a flight path where they dump the last of their fuel.

Lost my TLC's so adjusting to being alone. The Pound has gotten real aggressive I could not bail them out. They were euthenized

Going to put blocks under back wheels so heat will come to the back.

Not planning to run heat till it get in the 30's, to conserve propane cost.

Fulltiming since 1989.

No TLC's--

Accessing the internet with Wifi Evdo enabled mobile card from Verizon

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior on the road for Access to Internet, ask for Key.

Wifi SSID r0adwarrior for Access to Webpages in Bus.

http://roadwarrior.free-man.com/

From My NM friends, "You're too far north. No heat needed... yet. "

One of the issues of staying in a temp. range like we have done for the last year is we lose low temp tolerance AND that was the goal.

I have been talking to my cousin in TorC and he is enjoyhing the 'cooler ' weather and rain.

We are here thru Early Nov to enjoy our youngest grandaughters birthday. missed it last year by a week. she was hurt. so we are staying and then work on teaching here that birtdays are all month long.

LeRoy & Anne

Silver Eagle conversion

PT Cruiser Conv.

From My NM friends, "You're too far north. No heat needed... yet. "

One of the issues of staying in a temp. range like we have done for the last year is we lose low temp tolerance AND that was the goal...

From 1966 to 1978, I grew up spending my summers in the mountains of NC and the winters were spent on the East Coast of south FL. Not too hot, not too cold. The two (and a half) winters my parents decided to stay in NC for the whole year were terrible. I froze all winter and only thawed out for Christmas vacation (when we went back to FL). David thought it was so funny when we moved up to NC from FL. He was from MI and said he could handle the snow (he moved to FL when he was 16). Turns out he was right, I froze and he thought it was "warm". But he couldn't handle the rains (it rained from the middle of October until a week before Christmas... when it changed to snow... we had a rare white Christmas that year). The area of TN/NC we were from, it would "mist" for weeks at a time. Drove David nuts. That is what throws us out here. It sorta rains, or it pours and 10 minutes later, it's all gone and the air smells funny. Winter here in the valley is much like it was temp wise in TN/NC (near the GA state lines). Now David is saying find someplace warmer in the winter and we will move for the summers to the Southern Appalachian mountains (probably in TN & GA). He is feeling the cold more as he ages.

• 2 weeks later...

I installed two visor screens yesterday. We bought them at Northwest RV in Eugene Oregon while on vacation last week. Hope they will keep us cooler as we are heading out soon on a trip from Georgetown, TX to Vancouver, WA as soon as possible.

Today I will get down and dirty doing a pretrip inspection and check all fluids. At least it's below 100, finally! B)

Life is good!

2011-09-30_15-43-05_548.jpg

Becky and Paul Lawry

1968 Silver Eagle Model 01

VIN # 7443

8v71 Allison HT 740

2011 Buick Enclave

Full Timing

Our Travel Blog

Archived