class of 2014..follow along!

Chip- welcome to the class of 2014.

Hello Everyone in Class of 2014. About 3 1/2 yrs. till company pension can be tapped. Hopefully it will keep us afloat, along with workkamping until age 62 SS kicks in! A fellow co-worker of mine had his retirement party, 7 days later he passed from a heart attack at age 70. This event got me really thinking, so I guess it's time versus money. Is that full SS really worth it? Each of us have to decide.

Very refreshing to read this entire Escapee Forum each day. Thanks to all of you giving freely of your vast experiences and Dreams. Be it waves breaking over Malibu, or the still, early morn along a ridge top, or lazy river days, good luck to all of you, and thanks for being here!

Cathy & Tom

Utah

2002 Silverado 2500HD 6.0 4x4 ext LB 4.10 auto

2013 Outdoors RV 270dbhs Timber Ridge TT

Equalizer 12k Prodigy P2 Barker 3500 18"

• Replies 555
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We went to Home Depot yesterday and purchased a new dishwasher for our kitchen. It is the last appliance we need to update. We are having our kitchen redone this winter, probably in Feb. The guy whose company is doing the work is coming this morning to measure and sketch our kitchen to get the pieces ordered etc. I am really excited because this is the last major thing we need to do to prepare our house for selling. We are almost to 2011! ;)

Jessica and Harry

Fulltimers as of 12/12/12

2011 Chevy Silverado 3500HD

2011 Heartland Landmark Rushmore

www.rikerrvdays.blogspot.com

WOW !!! I have started de-cluttering and it is time consuming. And the decisions are hard. I am getting rid of alot of un-needed and un-wanted stuff. The hard part is the "have not used it but, do I want to get rid of it" stuff. Looks like I will make a big dent in getting rid of stuff now and then do another round of sorting later. The closer I get to fulltime the easier it will be to sort thru the questionable stuff.

Chip

06 SurfSide

Chip

06 SurfSide

30ft class A

2 slides

V10 Ford chassis

Since none of us can talk about our full timing experiences yet, lets talk about any current travel we are doing. We just went from Missouri to Alabama for Thanksgiving. Next trip to Moms house for Christmas. Any one else traveling this winter?

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

We're not traveling very far until April. Right now we're at my mother's house in the Adirondacks - we have an appt. at a nearby granite quarry to choose the slab of granite they're going to use for our kitchen remodel. Probably a couple times over the winter we will travel to Burlington, MA to visit family. Our next big trip is in early April, when we are traveling to Tennessee for an RV rally! :) It's only 4 months away now!! ;)

Jessica and Harry

Well the MH is not in use until we get the refer recall done, but by then it will be Christmas. DW's parents (83 & 81) are taking us on a 2 week cruise to Hawaii leaving Dec 22 and returning Jan 5. Talked my parents (87 &86) in to going as well. It will be great to be able to spend time with both of our parents.

Next MH trip will be in January for a square dance weekend over MLK weekend and we will use it on the good weekends we get during the winter to go to the beach. It seems that some how the time between Thanksgiving and Christmas the MH does not get used much. Oh well.

Take care and safe travels

Chris & Joni
The Beagles now 3 Daphne, Ace and Flash
looking
2016 Acura MDX

http://jnctravelogue.wordpress.com

Just got the moho out of the shop. It has been in-operative for a while now. I parked it after my September trip and "stuff" happened. :angry: The house batteries went dead. They were not getting charged by the engine or the solar panel. And, I had parked it with the levelers down. With no power the levelers would not come up. Because of that I could not get it to the shop. It took me a while to get someone out to get the levelers up.

Now I get to winterize!! :(

Chip

06 SurfSide

Chip

06 SurfSide

30ft class A

2 slides

V10 Ford chassis

Chip,

Did the chassis batteries go dead too? I have in the past with one set of batteries dead been able to get the moho started and once the alternator is doing its thing been able to get everything into travel mode. We are very fortunate that we can keep our moho parked next to our house I 10 years ago I had a 50 amp plug put on the side of the house so now the only thing I have to remember is to take out enough a/c cord so that I can plug the thing in 2 days before I want to use it. Forgot one time and had to get AAA out to do the jump on the chassis batteries as both the house and chassis batteries were dead. Only made that mistake once.

Good luck on the winterize.

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

My battery problem turned out to be a tripped circut breaker in a storage bin. I had been storing a foam boogy(sp?) board in that area. NOT ANYMORE. The chassis battery was fine. Just nothing getting to the house batteries.

All fixed.

And winterized!

How long til spring!?

Chip

06 SurfSide a29

Chip

06 SurfSide

30ft class A

2 slides

V10 Ford chassis

How long til spring!?

Chip

06 SurfSide a29

Way too long, but we are going to have a nice weekend in So Cal this coming weekend- forcast for 78 and sunny at the beach:-), one of the very few good things about California is the weather...

Chris & Joni
looking
2016 Acura MDX

• 2 weeks later...

We're planning on going full timing in the next 3-4 years also. I already bought one book on Full timing through this site but, it was somewhat out dated. Can you suggest some Reading material for us ? We're planning on doing a lot of Boon docking or staying at ranches as we'll be traveling cross country with 2 rigs. One will be hauling our horses and a camper while the other will be our 5th wheel.Plan is to stay warm in the winter months and cool in the summers. We like to go to the BC interior in the summer to trout fish and ride the mountains.

Thanks in advance

www.tyingsupplies.com

Some of the ones we have so far are the RV Handbook, which seems to be a pretty comprehensive resource, The Fifth Wheel Bible by Jerry Brown, and Fulltiming for New & Used Rvers by Ronald Jones. We also bought a book on the fulltiming lifestyle by Moeller, which was interesting but a little outdated I thought.

Jessica and Harry

Some of the ones we have so far are the RV Handbook, which seems to be a pretty comprehensive resource, The Fifth Wheel Bible by Jerry Brown, and Fulltiming for New & Used Rvers by Ronald Jones. We also bought a book on the fulltiming lifestyle by Moeller, which was interesting but a little outdated I thought.

Moeller book is the one that we've been reading.

www.tyingsupplies.com

I'm probably closer to class of 2015, but can I hang out with y'all? I'll bring cookies . . . Seriously, lurking in this forum helps me with a lot of tough times I'm in right now and reminds me there are other worlds out there. Can't wait to follow along on your adventures and hopefully add one or two of my own!

ROE (running on empty!)

Lisa and I are making lots of plans. We found the RV, 1994 Holiday Rambler Navigator, bought it right, and late this fall finished the rebuild. It is all modernized now. With this years tax money, fixing up the sticks and bricks. Needs new ceramic tile in the kitchen and one bathroom. Next fall or winter, building a new home for the camper near our retirement land. The new home will be heated so we can park the camper when we are home for Deer Season and Christmas. The new home will be where we store all the stuff from the sticks and bricks until the retirement one is built. That build will occurre starting late 2014 after we come home from spending the entire summer in ALASKA. Thats the current plan. All we need is the economy to pick up a little so our present S/B has it's value when we sell it. Hows that for a plan?

Lisa and Greg Kenley

Topsee Turvee the Terror Terrier

Oreo the O.C.D. Border Collie

1994 HR Navigator 38' DP, Restored

2006 Jeep Wrangler Rubi, Pushin

Hello from Swamp East Missouri, USA

And, while with silent lifting mind I've trod

The high untrespassed sanctity of space,

Put out my hand, and touched the face of God.

Hey runningempty!!

Welcome Welcome!

This forum is a wealth of knowledge. I also have learned alot by just lurking. Reading about everyone's adventures keeps me sane(well maybe just a little) while I put in time with "the man". Retirement just can not come fast enough.

I have long since stopped buying stuff. That plastic picnic table in the kitchen works just fine - thank you very much!! :D

If I do not eat it, drink it or it's a TOTALLY worn out piece of clothing. It does not get bought.

Some of my friends laugh at me but they are the ones who can not even picture being able to retire.

So , who gets the last laugh there!!

2014 HERE I COME!

Chip

06 SurfSide modela29

Chip

06 SurfSide

30ft class A

2 slides

V10 Ford chassis

I have long since stopped buying stuff. That plastic picnic table in the kitchen works just fine - thank you very much!! ;)

If I do not eat it, drink it or it's a TOTALLY worn out piece of clothing. It does not get bought.

We are getting to be the same way. We have been cleaning out and de-cluttering, and this new focus has really helped us pare back on our spending. Before we buy something, we always ask ourselves if it is something that will going with us when we move into the fiver. If it won't be going with us, we don't buy it.

Jessica and Harry

We're doing the same thing. In Fact, I've been cleaning out the old barn and I was amazed at how much "stuff" a guy can collect.... My new motto is , "If I haven't used it in the past year , it's gone"

Only because I haven't broke down enough to say 6 months. I know as we get closer to taking the plunge That saying is going to have to be month...

www.tyingsupplies.com

New members here. And, our first post!!!

Been reading the forums this morning, saw the "Class of 2014" thread and thought that's the place to start.

2014 fulltimers we plan to be!!!

Richard (& Nancy, too!)

'09 43' Allegro Bus (PG) QRP (4th Tiffin)

'48 Wife

'02 Toyota Camry

Demco Excalibar / JUNK Remco Pump

'97 20' Crownline BR

Cajun Pit Bull - Phideaux

Lone Star Allegro Club-

Houston, Texas

Chapter # 153

www.lonestarallegro.net

Archived