HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We were surprised to see two fellow forum members at the Indy KOA, Indianapolis, IN. We found mb36912 and Ken L already there. They both have some beautiful rigs but Ken L's is awesome.

Chet & Deb
'01 Volvo 660 w/ Smart
'19 Forest River Columbus 320RS 5th wheel
2022 Chev 2500HD Long Bed
Retired CWO4, USN and federal service
Electronics Tech/Network Engineer/Welder/Machinist

Settled in at Milton Heights Campground near Toronto. Volvo is at Sheehans Truck Center for some love.

George,
Suzuki Celerio 998cc

Yamaha NMAX scooter

Work ride is Western Star N2 Tri-Tri tanker at 56,500kg loaded

Headed to old orchard Maine the end of this week. Be there for 12 days. Rv park has adult only section with a pool and bar and and grill. Then off to bar harbor for a month. Then over the border to Nova Scotia for a week or so. Then we make our to hutch via Indiana and forks Rv for repairs and Maintance.

Can't wait to see everyone in hutch

JC

2009 Volvo 780. D-16 500hp 1850 torque with a Herrin hauler bed.

2015 Continental Coach

2008 650cc Suzuki Bergman

2013 Mustang GT 500 convertible

2014 Smartcar convertible

WWW.Hollyfab.com. (Metal Fabrication Company)

Jamesc@hollyfab.com (preferred contact method)

Left Seward Military Resort today and are now sitting in the Black Spruce Travel Park on Joint Base Elemdorf Richardson. Don't know how long we will be here, as we are thinking about moving up to Palmer or Wasilla for a month or so.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

Eating Pizza in Chicago (Joliet) at Giordano's. Here for about five days and hoping to get up to the northern suburbs to Superdawg to get the best hot dog in America (and possibly the best Chocolate Malt). This is based on our decade+ long hot dog quest.

Disclaimer - There is an ongoing internal discussion regarding the distinction between a hot dog and a chili dog.

Trey's top two hot dogs are Superdawg and Rutt's Hut in Clifton, NJ with Super Duper Weenie in Connecticut clearly being the best chili dog.

Susan compares hot dogs & chili dogs together and places Super Duper Weenie at the top followed by Rutt's Hut then Superdawg.

The latest entry we experienced was Pink's when we were in Southern California this spring. Very expensive and nothing special, but it must be done so that no stone goes uncovered.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Wow, love the pizza & hot dog journey & stories; thanx for sharing that!

Geo -- our hearts go out to you; sad that ambivalent bureaucrats don't take more of an interest in the citizens they are charged to serve! We wish you luck in persevering thru the endless BS that is our country's immigration system!

We are still en route north to Alaska -- entered the inside passage by ferry at Prince Rupert BC, on 06/20, have been island hopping our way since; 17 days in Ketchikan as we awaited delivery of a warrantry-replacement wheel for one that sprung a leak -- one that was only six months old! From there, it's been about a week at each of Wrangell, Petersburg, Sitka, and (now) Juneau. Next stop is Haines, then onward to Seward via Dawson City, Chicken, etc.

Safe travels to all!

-Don

P.s. Sorry for being so tardy in chiming in; just learned I could do this via my new iPhone! More, later.

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

Arrived in Goshen, IN. Here for about 4 weeks. (Elkhart County Fairgrounds for 3 weeks) (4th week at Elkhart Campground)

Still eating Chicago pizza and we were able to make it North to get a Superdawg and Chocolate malt.

There is a hot dog place just south of Goshen in New Paris, IN. We will make a trip there to see what they can offer but this is really the country for pork tenderloin sandwiches.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

We're at Crater Lake RV park in Prospect, Oregon. Saw an HDT pull out a few days ago. I can't believe we missed them in such small park! Couldn't place the rig but I think they might have been at the rally last year.

We head back to Bend, Oregon next week to stay for a month then on to Moab.

2005 Teton Frontier Experience 39'

1999 Volvo 610

1988 Suzuki Samurai

2008 KTM 450 EXCR

2009 goofy Weimaraner

Attack life! It's going to kill you anyway.

Tried posting our RV park (see oceansiderv.com) in Haines, AK got a fatal error from the server ..,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13056 bytes) in D:\Hosting\11690622\html\rackforms\output\forms\hhrv_submission\lib\upload\image_upload_simple.php on line 106

Edited by DonF

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

First, Don - Thank you for trying to submit a campground to the site!

The cumulative picture size was too large and exceeded the limitations of the server (33554432 bytes about 33+mb).

It is best to re-size High Resolution pictures where one dimension (height or width) is less than 800px. A simple method to re-size photos in various available programs.

If the picture upload does not work please submit the details so that the campground can get on the site. Then they could always be emailed via the contact us (email) link or by replying to the confirmation email.

Final suggestion - contacting the designer/developer through the contact us link (upper right corner of web page) is better than posting on the forum. The issue may never be addressed because it may never be seen by the one who needs to know.

Tried posting our RV park (see oceansiderv.com) in Haines, AK got a fatal error from the server ..,

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 13056 bytes) in D:\Hosting\11690622\html\rackforms\output\forms\hhrv_submission\lib\upload\image_upload_simple.php on line 106

• 4 weeks later...

Will be at http://www.blackhillscampresort.com/ 22700 Silver City Rd., Rapid City, SD starting September 3rd thru the 6th.

Attending the Dakota Territory Chanllenge off-road event. http://www.bh4wheelers.com/images/2014_DTC/2015_DTC_Application.pdf

1999 Volvo VNL610, Cummins M11 - 350/400 HP, 10 speed Rockwell - 'CHIEF'

Custom flatbed with TrailerSaver air hitch.

3 cyl 8000 watt Kubota diesel generator.

New Mexico April 2019.jpg

Well we are done work camping in NY and a lot wiser, heading to visit family in West Plains MO, staying at Road Runner RV park for the next two weeks, should be there Saturday

the sailor & his Lady

1998 Volvo 610 "Big Red"

2006 Newmar Kountry Aire "Mother Goose"

2013 Smart Car "Lil' Red"

" If you aren't living on the edge, you are just taking up space "

Trying to figure out how to best use this forum. If I am in the wrong place, please forgive and re-direct me.

My wife and I have been full timers about 23 years in 5th wheels. Our current home is hauled by a MDT (International) and I am considering changing to a HDT. Before making that committment, I would like to "test drive" a Volvo. Is anyone in the Salt Lake City area over the next month or so willing to make that happen?

Jack

We have been in PA for about 2 months. We move to Hershey Thousand Trails on Monday for 2 weeks. We will then start to mosey towards Hutchinson, Kansas for the HDT rally in october.

Ron C.

2013 Dynamax Trilogy 3850 D3

2000 Kenworth T2000 Optimus Prime

Trying to figure out how to best use this forum. If I am in the wrong place, please forgive and re-direct me.

My wife and I have been full timers about 23 years in 5th wheels. Our current home is hauled by a MDT (International) and I am considering changing to a HDT. Before making that committment, I would like to "test drive" a Volvo. Is anyone in the Salt Lake City area over the next month or so willing to make that happen?

Jack

Hi, Jack. We'll probably be heading South through SLC in a little over a month from now, depending on the weather in Canada. We'd be pleased to keep in touch, and take you for a ride/drive.

I have been wrong before, I'll probably be wrong again. 

2000 Kenworth T 2000 w/N-14 and 10 speed Gen1 Autoshift, deck built by Star Fabrication
2006 smart fourtwo cdi cabriolet
2007 32.5' Fleetwood Quantum

Please e-mail us here.

We are currently in Twin Lakes Resort (use the word Resort carefully) Chocowinity NC. Its on Hwy 17s, just south of Hwy 264 in eastern NC.

There are sites that are HDT accessible. I'll add this to the Campground list. Near Greenville NC, Washington NC- right across the river, Bath NC, New Bern, all towns with mucho history!

Alie & Jim + 8 paws

2017 DRV Memphis 

BART- 1998 Volvo 610

Lil'ole 6cyl Cummins

We are currently in Twin Lakes Resort (use the word Resort carefully) Chocowinity NC. Its on Hwy 17s, just south of Hwy 264 in eastern NC.

There are sites that are HDT accessible. I'll add this to the Campground list. Near Greenville NC, Washington NC- right across the river, Bath NC, New Bern, all towns with mucho history!

Hey Jim,

It sounds like a nice area. Keep an eye on the weather. Hope that the storm coming to Florida won't be a problem for you.

Al

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

• 2 weeks later...

Headed for a little tiny campground in Elk Park, NC called, appropriately enough, The Little Campground. Only get a week, thanks to Paula's work schedule. Ah well, December and retirement is not that far off!

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

Headed for a little tiny campground in Elk Park, NC called, appropriately enough, The Little Campground. Only get a week, thanks to Paula's work schedule. Ah well, December and retirement is not that far off!

Little seems an accurate description, with what appears to be four sites. In the heart of some of the best motorcycling roads in the USA. Enjoy.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

We left the Mammoth Cave area in Cave City, Kentucky yesterday and now at out spot at Hillsdale Lake State Park, south of Olathe, KS. Great day and remembered getting chased out of here in May when the lake was flooding.

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

I kinda figured that with only 4 sites maybe it would cut down on the riff-raff. DW informed me that I usually was the riff-raff.

Rocky, ya shoulda waved when ya went by - I can see 60 miles...

Paul

Paul & Paula + Daisy the amazing wiggle worm dog...

2001 Volvo 770 Autoshift, Singled, w/ Aluminum Bed - Toy Draggin

2013 395AMP XLR Thunderbolt Toy Hauler

2013 Smart Passion

2012 CanAm Spyder RT

2013 Harley Davidson Street Glide

I kinda figured that with only 4 sites maybe it would cut down on the riff-raff. DW informed me that I usually was the riff-raff.

Paul

Perhaps you should be more careful with whom you ride, and camp? Besides. I like being a little riffy once in a while.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net