HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

If you like to see how the weather is around North America, check this out.

http://www.wrh.noaa.gov/zoa/mwmap3.php?map=usa

Move you cursor over a reporting station to see current conditions, click once for forecasts. Click, then wait a few seconds and the bar near the top will give you the option of "NWA FORECAST".

Thanks Rick. I have saved it I my favorites.

2012 Volvo VNL 630 w/ I-Shift; D13 engine; " Veeger "
  Redwood, model 3401R ; 5th Wheel Trailer, " Dead Wood "
    2006 Smart Car " Killer Frog "

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spent Saturday night boondocking at a roadside picnic area north of Post, TX. Now at Sammie's RV Park in La Veta, CO for a week. Nice little park that's big rig friendly. Mule deer come by the site and visit every evening right before sunset.

Bill Greenwade

Full Timer from Mena, Arkansas

2012 KZ 40ft 5th Wheel Toy Hauler

1998 Volvo VNL 610

Left Junction Texas this morning and now here in San Antonio at the KOA. Really nice park and room for my 67 feet including place to park the Smart car on site. Was interesting driving with some needs to change lanes from right to far left multiple lanes but it was not rush hour helped a bunch. I did have someone come up along side of me at a stop light a couple of miles from the KOA and said i had a bubble in one of my right side trailer tires. Cursory look I did not see a bubble but will get down and dirty with flashlight and maybe jack tires to spin them over next day or 2 and make sure. Need to fix if I have a problem before heading back to Arizona next Monday.

I may have to dump these almost new Carlise ST tires and get 4 new Michelin XPS's if in fact I do have a bubble. :)

Yep blister on the inside of the tire about the size of a baseball. This tire was the coolest running of the 4 tires so go figure at least according to the TPMS. :( Probably get a Carlise to replace this one and get new Michelin before next trip. :unsure:

Edited by Bob Cochran

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Beaver, Utah KOA this evening. Weather sure has changed from 95+ in AZ to mid 60's here. Climate shock.

Rock Springs, WY KOA Wednesday evening. Expect the weather to be either rain or ??

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Arrived Rapid City KOA, got set up and it got cold. Will be here till approximately Oct 22. Booked solid for the Sturgis rally which is the 75th year and they are predicting 500K + for this year. Should be fun. If you come up for the rally, stop by.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Arrived Junction City, KS at the New Horizons factory for the month of April.....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Hey Jim, did you get my private message?

Escaped from the Colorado River and Parker. AZ this morning and will be hiding out at the Las Vegas RV resort on Nellis Blvd for 4 days. They have recently opened up a few sites that are 100' by about 30' with plenty of room for everything including the jeep, trailer etc. Bit pricey but well worth it.

Will depart here on 3/31 and head north and east to Rapid City on 4/3.

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Never received a private message on the escapees site.

No snow this year but its only been three days since we got here. Figure we will have a little before too long tho. Rain and possible snow predicted for Thursday

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Arrived In Abilene Texas yesterday afternoon from San Antonio. It was an interesting trip a recommended route from a friend and started that route then wife using maps decided that route went to far East of Abilene and picked an alternative. Somehow on that route she decides we should follow Garmin GPS with trucking software. Result we seen the hill country and was nice. I am not sure if I can remember the route entirely. I would not recommend doing this for anyone but doing so has let us see some unexpected country. We usually make up our minds(DW!!!!) before actually starting and pretty much stick to it wither is is her map route or the Garmin. By the way the roads and area we went through was between the rings and the 2 pages of Texas maps in the Trucker Atlas i think was another of her problems. For me while and little winding road and some up and down hilly was a fun drive I enjoyed it. :D We will be here in the Abilene RV Park 3 miles East of Abilene just off I-20 E. A lot of truck noise but I can sleep through about anything.

On Edit: Will be here tell Thursday.

Edited by Bob Cochran

2019 Thor Chateau 28E on a Ford E450 chassis. Maybe awhile but will get a new picture forgive one up there it is my old rig.

Bob,

Sounds like a new "route" for my "Roads- Less- Traveled" Thread.....LOL

One thing about being a bit lost .......the views are new.....

Happy travels,

Dollytrolley

97 Freightshaker Century Cummins M11-370 / 1350 /10 spd / 3:08 /tandem/ 20ft Garage/ 30 ft Curtis Dune toybox with a removable horse-haul-module to transport Dolly-The-Painthorse to horse camps and trail heads all over the Western U S

Arrived Junction City, KS at the New Horizons factory for the month of April.....

Jack, When are you actually planning on leaving? We will be at the factory in May for a tour.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Chad, we will likely be out of here next Thursday. The rig work is done except for a board replacement for the automation system. Now we are waiting to put in a Truma continuous hot water system to test it for Truma. The (Truma) factory guys will be here Monday for the install. So soon as we are done that we are gone. Probably going down to Hutch for a few days to play "tourist". We are usually too busy during the Rally to see much.

Edited by Jack Mayer

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

Chad, we will likely be out of here next Thursday. The rig work is done except for a board replacement for the automation system. Now we are waiting to put in a Truma continuous hot water system to test it for Truma. The (Truma) factory guys will be here Monday for the install. So soon as we are done that we are gone. Probably going down to Hutch for a few days to play "tourist". We are usually too busy during the Rally to see much.

Too bad. Maybe we will catch you in Colorado next summer.

It's good to hear about the Truma install. That was going to be one of my questions during the tour. I have been looking at their forced air heaters and instant hot water heaters. I was wondering if New Horizons had any experience with them.

2000 Kenworth T2000 w/ Cummins N14 and autoshift
2017 DRV Mobile Suite 40KSSB4 with factory mods, dealer mods and personal mods - now in the RV graveyard
2022 DRV Full House MX450 with customized floor plan
2018 Polaris RZR Turbo S (fits in the garage)
2016 Smart Car (fits in the garage or gets flat towed behind the DRV when the RZR is in the garage)
My First Solar Install Thread
My Second Solar Install Thread & Photos and Documents Related to the build
My MX450's solar, battery and inverter system - my biggest system yet!

chadheiser.com      West Coast HDT Rally Website

event.png    

AZCACOIDIAKSMNMOMTNENVNMNDOKSDTNTXUTWYxlg.jpg

Too bad. Maybe we will catch you in Colorado next summer.

It's good to hear about the Truma install. That was going to be one of my questions during the tour. I have been looking at their forced air heaters and instant hot water heaters. I was wondering if New Horizons had any experience with them.

No experience "yet" :) I will be the tester, and based on my experience they will decide to use them or not. They currently do not "offer" a continuous hot water system because of issues with them. They would put one in on a custom build but it is not on the option sheet. For the same reasons I don't currently have one.

However, I expect that the Truma system will resolve my issues. I'm looking forward to it. It goes in Tuesday. I will not have the "loop" system that keeps hot water circulating for truly instant availability at the tap. That has to integrated during the build of the rig. Mine will be the retrofit system.

The best forced air system out there at the moment is the Aqua hot. I really like it - however it is hard for me to justify the cost. Especially when I have alternative heat sources that perform extraordinarily well. The fireplace and the in-floor heat are superb. We rarely use our conventional 2-stage furnaces, but they are super quiet on stage one. And with two of them we have lots of heat, and backup systems. Our primary heating source is our electric fireplace. It does a great job down into the 20's as long as the unit is already at temp. We supplement with the in-floor heat, and ceramic heaters. Our last resort is the propane heaters, but they do work well and are quiet.

You are welcome in CO any time. However, if coming with a "big rig" you need to plan, since we have limited big rig sites, and run very close to 100% occupancy from July 1 to the third week in August. But for shorter stays we always can slip people in....just ask Rick :)

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack, is the Truma H2O the same as the unit that Howard and Linda used? I remember reading that it was a German based company that interested in the US market.

Yep

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Bob,

Sounds like a new "route" for my "Roads- Less- Traveled" Thread.....LOL

One thing about being a bit lost .......the views are new.....

Happy travels,

Dollytrolley

I agree some of my best trips are when I get lets say a bit confused!!!! :blink::wacko:

I will be leaving Abilene Texas and be in Clovis NM tomorrow afternoon. :)

Jack, is the Truma H2O the same as the unit that Howard and Linda used? I remember reading that it was a German based company that interested in the US market.

As Trey said - YES. I'll have an updated version of what Howard and Linda have. I talked to Howard prior to bringing Truma and New Horizons "together". I have high hopes for this system. We will see......

www.jackdanmayer.com