HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Trey, we will see you guys and Howard and Linda around the same time, I assume.....You know where to find us!

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trey when do you plan on being in Coco,Fl we are just south of there but leaving on Sunday or Tuesday. Would love so see you guys.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep GladiatorĀ 

1997 Jeep TJ

2009 Mobile Suites 36RSSB3

Ā 

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

ET,Jackalopee,MaxBrake,Pressure Pro pro

www.rickandalanasgreatadventures.blogspot.com

Trey when do you plan on being in Coco,Fl we are just south of there but leaving on Sunday or Tuesday. Would love so see you guys.

Rick and Alana, Have a safe trip North . I know you told me where you were heading but I forgot. You still have my number for your trip through Iowa on RAGBRI. Start riding some hills soon.

Ā 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,Ā  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.Ā 

Rod we are headed for Washington DC.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep GladiatorĀ 

1997 Jeep TJ

Ā 

formerly owned 2000 Volvo 770, 600 Cummins ISX,18 speed autoshift, 14 foot "garage"

Mike make sure you ask for one of the long pullthrus. I suggest reservations. This place is pretty full.

Ā 

Just happened to drop into this thread since it was bumped up, but glad to see you & Danielle are enjoying our favorite little hideaway in East Texas :)

Ā 

We have some very good friends that live in Tatum & we always stay at Fernbrook. They are a very nice, well kept park. We have had nothing but great experiences staying there over the past couple of years. Enjoy!

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Ā 

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Ā 

Not A Moment Too Soon

Hey Rick

We arrived Saturday afternoon, just two steps ahead of the storms (baseball sized hail - yikes!). We don't yet know what our responsibilities will be this week but if we are available we'd love to see y'all as you pass through.

We're at exit 201 - Sonrise Palms RV Park. Same exit as the Camping World.

Susan & Trey Selman | emailĀ |Ā HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart CabrioĀ | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

Hey Rick

We arrived Saturday afternoon, just two steps ahead of the storms (baseball sized hail - yikes!). We don't yet know what our responsibilities will be this week but if we are available we'd love to see y'all as you pass through.

We're at exit 201 - Sonrise Palms RV Park. Same exit as the Camping World.

I was in Orlando for a bit and we only got a stray sprinkle. Glad I missed the Hail hope you were not in the middle of it. Enjoy your time in Florida, it's starting to heat up again and the storms will be getting more frequent. I'm in the West Palm area for another month, maybe two.

Ā 

Rod

White 2000/2010Volvo VNL 770 with 7' Drom box with opposing doors,Ā  JOST slider hitch. 600 HP Cummins Signature 18 Speed three pedal auto shift.

1999 Isuzu VehiCross retired to a sticks and bricks garage. Brought out of storage the summer of 2022

2022 Jeep Wrangler Sport S Two door hard top.

2007 Honda GL 1800

2013 Space Craft Mfg S420 Custom built Toyhauler

The Gold Volvo is still running and being emptied in July.Ā 

Bob and Sue Guthrie pulled in yesterday and will visit until Tuesday. We are smoking baby-backs tomorrow....Rocky and Sherry are joining us.

Ā 

We are in Longview TX at Fernbrook RV Park. Exit 591 off of I-20. I'm sure there will be enough ribs....if one were to stop by....

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhomeĀ 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Stolpsaddles - awesome pic indeed! Were you hovering in a helicopter to get that shot?? I'm not picturing how you got so high above the rig... Beautiful shot though - thanks for sharing it with us.

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Ā 

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Well, I am delighted to make my first post to this thread gang! After a lot of waiting and planning we are finally joining he ranks of the full-timers. Robin and I are finishing business in Hawaii this weekend and flying off island for the last time tomorrow. We arrive in Orlando FL and officially complete the move into the rig on Tuesday the 2nd. We spend a couple of days in Orlando taking care of things, swing through Tallahassee, FL to see the youngest daughter who is a senior at FSU (Go Noles!) and then make our way to Crossville TN on Saturday the 6th for the ECR!

Ā 

After that we are not sure where to, probably will follow the 70 degree mark! We will see you all on the road.

Ā 

Jim and Robin

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Well, much to my chagrin, here we are.....north of Montreal, Qc.

Home for easter, and my 1st. grandchild!!

Ā 

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_MO8vKVDE8s/UVixEiI6fjI/AAAAAAAAB0s/lDUR5WOulLI/s1600/DSCF0021.JPG

Ā 

Rick

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

Well, much to my chagrin, here we are.....north of Montreal, Qc. Home for easter, and my 1st. grandchild!! http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-_MO8vKVDE8s/UVixEiI6fjI/AAAAAAAAB0s/lDUR5WOulLI/s1600/DSCF0021.JPG Rick

Looks cold Rick. I met Bill a few days after you left Florida this year. Hopefully I catch you next winter.

Jim

fbcover2.jpg

Fulltiming, Class of 2013

2001 Volvo VNL 610 with Smart Hauler Bed (FOOTLOOSE)

2012 Smart 4 Two (FANCY-FREE)

2004 Newmar Mountain Aire with Motorcycle Lift (LEADFOOT)

2013 Harley Davidson Road Glide Ultra (LIGHTFOOT)

"Submarines Forever"

Dang Jim, yes it would have been fun to meet up with you, and yes, maybe next year. As far as it being cold here....YES!!!

Ā 

Rick

Edited by PSD_Tweaker

1998 VOLVO 610 VED-12 @ 425 HP with 13 speed, 22.5" rubber, TC Equipped, single 3.70 drive axle, 193'' WB. REESE, 30K 4 way rocker-hitch, Jordan Ultima 2020. Under-frame mounted Honda 3000 ei, Towing a DRV MobileSuites- 36TK3 with TrailAir Pin Box, a Yamaha Road Star 1700 on deck. http://diesel-gypsy.blogspot.com

The picture of the rig was shot with my GoPro Hero 2 camera on wide angle. There are a lot more photos here on the blog

http://campingandhorses.blogspot.com/ Be warned you could be awhile on this blog to see it all :P

2005 Western Star, MDE 4000 ,singled mid, 12' deck with Smart Car
Bison Stratus 3 horse with 16' short wall 12' slide out

http://www.spottedhorsegallery.com/
http://www.campingandhorses.com/

Well, I am delighted to make my first post to this thread gang! After a lot of waiting and planning we are finally joining he ranks of the full-timers. Robin and I are finishing business in Hawaii this weekend and flying off island for the last time tomorrow. We arrive in Orlando FL and officially complete the move into the rig on Tuesday the 2nd. We spend a couple of days in Orlando taking care of things, swing through Tallahassee, FL to see the youngest daughter who is a senior at FSU (Go Noles!) and then make our way to Crossville TN on Saturday the 6th for the ECR!

Ā 

After that we are not sure where to, probably will follow the 70 degree mark! We will see you all on the road.

Ā 

Jim and Robin

Jim and Robin -- Looking forward to meeting you both. Hope your trip to Orlando was uneventful. Home Base for us is 1 hour east of there. We plan to leave here tomorrow by 1pm and stop in Jasper/White Springs to visit the friends we got our Rig from just a year ago. Will arrive Crossville Friday. You have safe travels and we'll see you up there!!!

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

Ā 

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

shoulda posted this the 4th but got busy. Left Parker, AZ and went over the same RR tracks Mike did but at about 10 MPH as a train just went by. Fortunately was in 4th gear and it wasn't to bad. Rougher then a cob. Wound up in Beaver, Utah and now are in Rock Springs, WY. Figure on being in Rapid City on Sunday.

Ā 

Lot of rain in/around Salt Lake City and wind up here on I-80

Paint your wagon and come along

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

2013 East Coast Rally! After a longer than usual trip between Macon, GA and Chattanooga, TN we arrived at the ECR around 7pm last night. Weather was perfect for driving but the "parking lots" and nothing but brake lights slowed us by 3.5 hours. Sooo glad to be off the road. So nice to see old friends and meet new ones......many more adventures in the upcoming week. :)

Janet Church Lifetime Member #96033 RDBE #58
2005 Volvo 630
2008 Blue Smart
2006 Ruby Red Smart (1st Gen)
2009 DRV 36' Mobile Suites
NO PMs PLEASE. I might not see them for a long time! Contact me at: jags1fan@gmail.com

better half: G8r.Ray Raymond Church

Ā 

My blog: ForksInTheRVRoad.com

Well, got into Rapid City KOA on Sunday as planned. Monday, it started out a little slow but the snow picked up Monday evening and as of this morning, we have right at 24 inches of snow with drifts up to 4 ft. I-90 east and west are closed as well as 79 south to Nebraska until further notice.

Ā 

And to think we left 90 degree weather and came up for this.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Weather is just a little speedbump at this stage of the game.

Ā 

We like to think we have a good gig going here. Good people and quite a bit of fun once everything is in order.

98 Volvo, VNL 610

01 Alfa Ideal, 38'6"

South Dakota plates

SKP # 68396

Titusville,Fl. Seasons in the Sun RV Park we went to Washington DC for the Cherry Blossoms, saw them, couldn't figure out which way we wanted to go. So we just came back here.

Rick and Alana

Fulltimers

2018 Newmar Ventana 4037

2020 Jeep GladiatorĀ 

1997 Jeep TJ

Ā 

We're not HDT'rs on the road, but I wanted to sneak into the thread here & say how nice it was to meet Jack Mayer Monday afternoon. We stopped into one of our favorite E. TX campgrounds to have dinner with local friends that night & wondered if Jack & Danielle might still be there.

Ā 

It was a fly by for us & unfortnately with our scheduling to meet our friends for dinner, we didn't have a lot of time to chat, nor a chance to meet Danielle :( We hope your new truck is everything you wanted & more! Wish we could have stayed long enough to see it.

Ā 

We'll see ya'll down the road another day I'm sure :)

Kellie & George Roberts

'94 Bluebird Wanderlodge ~ No Reservations

'08 Jeep Sahara 4x4

SKP #106686

Ā 

~A ton of regret never made an ounce of difference~

Ā 

Not A Moment Too Soon