HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

We got to our (new) AZ-closet almost a week ago, meeting with contractors & others re. needed "enhancements", will press on to Calif for the holidays... very soon (now that we've paid our "taxes" at the Mesa Swap Meet).

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

2007 New Horizons F35RLSSS-C (Mor/Ryde-IS, Kodiak disc brakes, 17.5 H tires),

2005 smart fortwo passion

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are in Busnell Fl at Blueberry Hill RV park. Will be here until 16 Jan when we move to Tampa RV show.

Bill and Joan and 3 Collie pups

2001 Volvo VNL 770 "The Doghouse" Singled short, "ET" hItch VED12 465HP Gen 1 Autoshift 3.58 ratio  2005 Mobile Suite 38RL3  2011 Smart Passion loaded piggybacK

Weigh-It Portable RV Scales http://www.weighitrv.com/

We're back in Calif, probably all month so Fannie can do her sisterly-duty -- helping a sister's difficulty recovery from hip replacement not going as well as the first one did!

Vern & Chris -- enjoy your winter with Henry (is he there, yet?), Davena & her Mom!

-Don

Don & Fannie

2005 Volvo 670, 12sp FreedomLine, "Black Dude", 3.36 axle, Szmyt Wonder-Bed Smart loader,

ET hitch, Jackalopee (original-prototype), BLUE-DOT air-over-hydraulic brake system,

I MISS THE CLACKING OF HIS KEYS...

About this time every day HERO Maker is usually pounding away on the keys in a hot HDT-related discussion or some other cyber adventure. He's been south of the border for a week and it's very quiet in his corner of the trailer.

Thought I ought to raise a flag on his behalf in the HDT forum so those used to the daily e-convo don't think he fell off the face of Google maps... or Garmina took him somewhere beyond her powers to RECALCULATE.

He should pop up at home for a few hours Wednesday, only to head south again Thursday for another week, followed by a third after a 2 more days in the States. He'll only be home 3 days in 3 weeks. HERO Maker and his band of brothers are working on several projects at 2 different Mexican children's homes and from the photos Rock looks like a man in his element.

Here's the link to the pix - new ones upload every night shortly after 11 p.m.

flickr.com/photos/heromakers/collections/

The HERO Makers took the primary project from bare slab to decking a roof in 3 or 4 days. Pretty awesome. This is why we sold the house and went full-time in the first place - so Rock could be where he needs to be. Looks like the plan is working.

Oh yeah, home - currently Kitty and I are holding down the fort in Mission, TX, at least through February 3. There's lots to do before he gets home, but tonight I miss the low-level commotion usually coming from the Bi-Z-Man Recliner in the corner.

Edited by rocksbride

Good to hear from you Sheri - I was starting to wonder what you are up to these days... FYI, the link you gave has too much code in it and it won't work. Check the link, it's got too many "http"s and "www"s in it. It works if you manually take those out of the url after opening the page - but many don't know how to do that. LOADS of pictures! You're doing a great job on the albums! I don't have the time to go thru them all, but the first "taste" of it looked great! You and kitty (really need to give that poor cat a real name!) keep each other company and time will pass quicker than you think it will - you know what they say, time flies when we get older! :lol:

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Hey Sharon, thanks for taking a few minutes to check out pix and the heads-up on the link. It should work fine now.

I can't believe you don't have time to look at 15,963 photos in the HERO Makers' photo stream! LOL At least that was the count a few minutes ago. Looks like the guys got all the walls insulated today. Pretty amazing. Even more so when you realize most of the volunteers don't have a construction background.

It's cold and damp in the RGV. Where are you all right now?

Sheri - good job on fixing the link - works perfect. You'll be shocked to hear that I still haven't had time to look at 15,963 pictures! Does look like a great team who can work together well and make things look great. Out here in "deep east" Texas - it's been damp and cold for almost the whole month we've been here - but we "supposedly" have 5 days in a row of decent looking SUNNY days - even warm enough (mid 60's) to get out on the boat and catch some dinners...

You ladies stay warm and safe if you're out on the roads!

Richard & Sharon

For Sale - 2005 Freightliner Century RV Hauler

Truck-for-sale-smaller.jpg

Headed back to Summerdale, AL after 10 days in Tampa for the RV Show. Will be in Summerdale until mid Feb, when we head to TX.

Jack & Danielle Mayer #60376 Lifetime Member
Living on the road since 2000

PLEASE no PM's. Email me. jackdanmayer AT gmail
2016 DRV Houston 44' 5er (we still have it)
2022 New Horizons 43' 5er
2016 Itasca 27N 28' motorhome 
2019 Volvo 860, D13 455/1850, 236" wb, I-Shift, battery-based APU
No truck at the moment - we use one of our demo units
2016 smart Passion, piggyback on the truck
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com
Principal in RVH Lifestyles. RVH-Lifestyles.com

Kathy and I arrived at our home in Retama Village this past Thursday. We'll be here until I get called for the next job.

Phil

2002 Teton Royal Aspen

2003 Kenworth T2000 - Cat C12 380/430 1450/1650, FreedomLine, 3.36 - TOTO . . . he's not in Kansas anymore.

ET Air Hitch

• 3 weeks later...

Well, sitting in East Texas now, a day later than I should be, and once I get my rig unstuck in the meadow tomorrow, we can start the bed build. Not a big rush, and I will be here for a few months.

On Edit: The Rig is Free, the Rig is Free, thank God Almighty, the Rig is Free!

Edited by HERO Maker

Rocky & Sheri Rhoades
'01 Volvo 770
2016 DRV Mobile Suites, Houston
HERO Makers Ministry

30495168531_143d8fb8d6_m.jpg

Well, sitting in East Texas now, a day later than I should be, and once I get my rig unstuck in the meadow tomorrow, we can start the bed build. Not a big rush, and I will be here for a few months.

On Edit: The Rig is Free, the Rig is Free, thank God Almighty, the Rig is Free!

Sorry to hear that rain storm got y'all but it sure was good to share the time and hear about this year's projects.

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |

We have finally begun our southern migration from Harrisburg, PA. Currently we are at Champs Camp at Fort A. P. Hill, VA between Richmond and Fredericksburg until Thursday, when we will move down to Hampton for a few weeks. The Szmyt Wonderbed is a dream!

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

In Santee, CA at Santee Lakes for the week.

We did pass a 379 Pete with a smart car on back yesterday about 50 East of Yuma, AZ on I-8. Did not recognize it from here.

2017 Entegra Anthem 44A

SOLD - 2004 Volvo 780. 465hp and 10sp Auto Shift (from 2010~2017)

SOLD - 2009 Montana 3400RL

Stlll "stranded" in N. Calif -- currently, Sou. SF Elks, awaiting help from the 4 siblings who took vacation in Ph. since mid-Jan... they return to SFO later this week. Maybe(?) then, we'll be able to head down/over to AZ... time will tell. We're grateful to have the health we have that we can take care of a sibling nearly 10 years younger, that we can help for a bit of time.

Hope (and plan) to be at the AZ-closet the rest of winter & part of spring, once we get there -- in time for MLB spring training & end of square dance season!

Safe travels, to all!

-Don

Don & Fannie

• 2 weeks later...

We are in Hampton, VA at the Langley AFB FamCamp. Should be here until leaving for the ECR at the end of March. The Wonderbed is working very well, LOTS of storage and we are becoming more comfortable with loading and unloading the Smart.

Cindy & Jeff Brett
2014 Mobile Suite Memphis 44'
2004 Volvo 630 (The Sonshine Express), ET Hitch, Jackalopee & Szmyt Wonderbed
2016 Smart (Blanche)

We are in Longview, TX until early/mid April getting out truck body built by Larry Herrin. We are at the Fernbrook RV Park just south of I-20 exit 591 if anyone is in this area.....nice park and has big-rig sites.

See our website for info on New Horizons 5th wheels, HDTs as tow vehicles, communications on the road, and use of solar power
www.jackdanmayer.com

We are currently in Tombstone AZ , The smart car sure gets a lot of attention, especially when we cram a 3rd person in the backbiggrin.gif

Here is a sunset shot of our Western Star and a friends Peter built in Apache Junction.hackleberry13ride16.jpg

2005 Western Star, MDE 4000 ,singled mid, 12' deck with Smart Car
Bison Stratus 3 horse with 16' short wall 12' slide out

http://www.spottedhorsegallery.com/
http://www.campingandhorses.com/

We are in Longview, TX until early/mid April getting out truck body built by Larry Herrin. We are at the Fernbrook RV Park just south of I-20 exit 591 if anyone is in this area.....nice park and has big-rig sites.

That's perfect Jack. We should be coming through there in a cpl weeks.

Be great to meet you and take a look at your NH.

Mike

2000 W900L KW
Singled, C15 CAT 475 HP 18 sp, 3:36 rear, power locker,ET Hitch,,22.5 rubber

2011 Excel 36CFE Limited

photo2_zpse35f7a55.jpg

Mike make sure you ask for one of the long pullthrus. I suggest reservations. This place is pretty full.

www.jackdanmayer.com

We're setting in the shop now (Columbus Ohio) all hooked up shaking off the cob webs and dust from the winter. 1st trip of the year starts next Thursday, heading to Fayetteville NC to the GK's 1st B day party. Taking a bike with me and hope to ride down to Wilmington and check out a little surf fishing at the beach while there, also hope to take in the Mirok MC drags at Rockingham.

Edited by KNR

Trey, if you come by our way we are at exit 591 on I 20 (Longview)....but I expect you are staying south....

www.jackdanmayer.com

Jack, we'd love to come and see the progress on all the truck beds but we are taking the I-10 route to get over to Florida. We did consider it even before we left Austin. The hope and plan is to get to Colorado Springs (early May) to get some visiting in and to see y'alls new stuff!

Edited by TreyandSusan

Susan & Trey Selman | email | HDT: '01 770 VED12 | 5er: '02 40' Travel Supreme RLTSOA | '16 Piaggio MP3 500 | '15 Smart Cabrio | Personal Blog | HHRV Resource Guide | HHRV Campgrounds | Recreation Vehicle Safety & Education Foundation |