HDT Members On The Road, Including Their Current Locations

Jim Gehlen

Whoops. Thought I'd posted, but I guess not...

We're at the Pumpkin Patch RV Resort in Hermon, Maine (just outside Bangor, an hour from Acadia) all summer. Most sites are long pull-throughs and can accommodate our rigs with no problems. Stop in and see us! 

https://pumpkinpatchrvresort.com 

-Andrea

BizCard.JPG

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

12 hours ago, Parrformance said:

jenandjon

Heading from Florida to Falls Creek Falls SP on Wednesday the 20th, overnight stop in Georgia, arrive FCF SP Thursday the 21st.

Leave on the  24th for Cedars of Lebanon SP near Nashville. Nashville till Thursday the 28th.  Then we head to Slade, KY and the Whittleton campground in the Red River Gorge area of the Daniel Boone National Forest.  We will stay there until the morning of the fifth, then head over to Black Mountain ORV at the Harlan County Campground in Kentucky.   Leave there Sunday July 8th for NC and more wheeling in the Uwharrie National Forest. Back to Florida the 14th or 15th.

Any where close to where you will be?

Michael and Licia

Yes actually we will be pretty close. Have to play it by ear and see if the timing is right to meet up.

Farmer, Trucker, Equipment operator, Mechanic

Quando omni flunkus moritati-When all else fails, play dead
I'm a man, but I can change, if I have to, I guess.

14 hours ago, Parrformance said:

Leave there Sunday July 8th for NC and more wheeling in the Uwharrie National Forest. Back to Florida the 14th or 15th.

Any where close to where you will be?

Just butting in, we are an hour or so north of Uwharrie if a night or 2 free camping is needed.   🙂

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

I will propose the offer to the wife,  we will be kind of freewheeling it that last week of vacation.  No definate plans except for Uwharrie. 

Thanks for the invite.  We have been so impressed with the few other HDTers we have met so far.  Everyone has been a cut above for sure.

Michael

2006 Volvo VNL 780, " Arvey"  Volvo D12, 465hp, 1650 ft/lbs tq., ultrashift

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon

2010 Forest River Coachman Freedom Express 280RLS

Jackalopee

On 6/14/2018 at 8:32 PM, jenandjon said:

Yes actually we will be pretty close. Have to play it by ear and see if the timing is right to meet up.

If you can join us for exploring the Daniel Boone Backcountry Byway, I can promise you some great scenery, and mild wheeling fun.  Love to have you.

Michael and Licia

Jackalopee

We are in the Daniel Boone Forrest right now. We will be until we go to Tenn. for a few days. My wife is from here. We are selling her old house and moving her mother back to Nebraska with us when we leave. So this is a working vacation. We are in Island City Ky.

Left North Carolina yesterday and got to southern Michigan today. A few inconveniences but no real problems.  This is our first trip of any distance with "Dakota" VNL 730 and camper. Previously just a day trip for a shakedown. 

Kevin and June

2013 Volvo VNL 730    D13 Eco-Torque @ 425  Ratio 2.47 

2014 DRV 36TKSB3 

Signature.jpegmKgUJbbl.jpg

Gettysburg Campground in Pa. until Monday, had to have them lift a wire getting to my site but the site is LARGE truck, 5th wheel and Smart all on site. Site #64 if anyone wants to visit the Gettysburg area would be the site to request.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

We are at Falls Creek Falls State Park in Tennessee.  Very tight campground, neighbor with pick up blew a trailer tire on a rock on the cul de sac that we will need to use to exit our pull through.  Wish us luck.

We will head to Lynchburg TN, then Cedars of Lebanon SP tomorrow.

Jackalopee

Will be in Pigeon forge tomorrow through Monday. Leaving the truck and camper at a friend's place in Kentucky. Jen has a time share there. If anyone else there I'd like to meet up. 

2 minutes ago, wtgeodog said:

Sitting at Gunsmoke RV Park in Dodge City, KS with a broken spring and ruined trailer tire.

Hope to be able to effect repairs on Monday and continue trip. 

Chama< NM via Riverton WY.

S&*^ happens.

ShortyO

Just so you don't feel so all alone , I just went to get a slice of cheese out of the fridge and the dang door dropped to the floor .

My repair is already done , as it was just the hinge screw came undone . Sure woke me up in a hurry . 

Hope your repair goes as smoothly as mine . ;)

Goes around , comes around .

56 minutes ago, VegasFlyer said:

Heading out of Parowan, Utah, heading for Missoula, Montana.  We are going to pick up a new Toyhauler with the maiden voyage of the new bed.

Here's hoping all goes well.

KW T-680, POPEMOBILE
Newmar X-Aire, VATICAN
Lots of old motorcycles, Moto Guzzi Griso and Spyder F3 currently in the front row
Young enough to play in the dirt as a retired farmer.
contact me at rickeieio1@comcast.net

12 hours ago, wtgeodog said:

Maupin's Sitting at Gunsmoke RV Park in Dodge City, KS with a broken spring and ruined trailer tire.

Hope to be able to effect repairs on Monday and continue trip. 

Chama< NM via Riverton WY.

S&*^ happens.

ShortyO

I used Maupin's Truck shop when I had a issue while in Dodge City, was pleased with the work and speed of repair.

2017 River Stone Legacy 38MB

2001 T2000 Kenworth

2009 Smart Passion

ET Junior hitch

29 minutes ago, wtgeodog said:

I  hope Maupin's has my tires in stock. I am running Yokohama RY023

BS Trailer Sales has been recommended for the spring.  Should I replace  both rear springs at this time?

ShortyO

I'm no expert . I would think it a good idea to replace the springs in pairs for a couple of reasons . 

First , they likely came from the same run . One had an unknown defect , causing the failure . Is the other one about to do the same thing ?

Second , the bad spring failure put unknown stresses on the still in one piece spring . Are those stresses going cause or add to that spring failing ?

Goes around , comes around .

Howdy All,

In an hour or so Donna and I will start our summer trip, leaving from home in Washington State will be going as far east as Mark Twain Caves in Missouri, then dropping down into Arkansas, then west through the southwestern States before heading back up to the Nor-Wet.  I'll pop in now and then to see where other folks are perhaps our trails will cross that of others while on this trip that would be fun.

Dave, Donna and Newt

2001 Peterbilt, 379, Known As "Semi-Sane II", towing a 2014 Voltage 3818, 45 foot long toy hauler crammed full of motorcycles of all types.  Visit my photo web site where you will find thousands of photos of my motorcycle wanderings and other aspects of my life, click this link. http://mr-cob.smugmug.com/

IMG_4282-600x310.jpg